Which Moderately Priced WDW Hotel Would You Recommend for Family (2 and 5 Year Old)?

pt8698

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are looking for recommendations on moderately priced hotels on property that would offer good/great amenities for our children, a restaurant versus food court only, still be small enough where a shuttle bus isn't needed to get around the hotel.

Your help is appreciated.

Pt8698, welcome to the Dis!

My favorite moderate is Port Orleans - French Quarter, but that resort is closed for refurbishment. I haven't stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside yet, but I know that it, too, will be closed at some point for refurbishment (there are threads here on the Dis that probably state the refurbishment schedule, or you could ask Disney or your travel agent for that information). I can't wait to try out Port Orleans - Riverside on one of my upcoming WDW vacations. I have read a lot of nice things about it.

I have also stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and the Coronado Springs Resort. I really enjoyed both of those resorts. They are very large resorts, though, but I never had a problem walking to where I wanted to go (I love long walks) or taking the internal bus to get to where I wanted to go (I love bus rides). You really can't go wrong with either resort, they both have a lot to offer.

If you want to check out some really good information regarding each of the Disney resorts, please visit the Dreams Unlimited Travel webpages that are devoted to them (Dreams Unlimited Travel is the owner of the Dis website). Click here to go to Dreams Unlimited webpages that are devoted to the WDW resorts. When you're on that main webpage, just click the link for a resort that you're interested in. Once you're on that particular resort's main webpage, make sure you click on its link to streaming video that Dreams Unlimited took in that resort. I love those videos and always view them whenever I am planning a WDW vacation. I find them very valuable. Their video of Port Orleans - French Quarter sealed me on staying there. I asked Dreams Unlimited to book me there for a few nights and they did. I fell in love with that resort.

No matter what resort you choose, have a magical vacation.

I would suggest CSR. They will love the pool (with slide) and the playground. Kiddie pool was pretty nice, too.

Tip - go to front desk and get a life vest. No need to bring your own or buy them.

I would recommend CBR. It has a really nicely themed pool, a great beach, wonderful setting, and it's a fun place. Another thing to note, is that the pool is very large, so there's plenty of room. Also.. if you want even more privacy, there are NINE pools to use. That's not a typo! It was the first resort that we ever stayed at, and we've been meaning to go back ever since. They have a great place there, where you can buy a coconut postcard... and yes... it is a real coconut.

We love their food court. It's one of the best.. with lots of choice. It was very helpful to us, since my son was only 6 at the time, and a very fussy eater.

We've stayed at AS Movies, AS Sports, PO FQ, and WL... but this resort holds a special place in our hearts.

Sandie

The Port Orleans Riverside (Formerly Dixie Landings) is by far my favorite Moderately priced resort. It has a wonderful pool, and if you request the buildings closest to the main building, you will have a short walk to the pool, the food court and restaurant, and the bus stop. This is a wonderful place, and we have enjoyed it many times.

The only moderate we've stayed at so far, is Coronado - We loved it. It is a large resort, but easy to get around - The pool was fantastic - We had switched over from the Poly right after the Volcano pool opened, which was great - But the Dig Site was so much better -

With apologies to Buzz, I would not suggest CSR for your situation. I would be more inclined to go with CBR, with a room request for as close to the food court as possible. Either that, or try to get a code for the Wilderness Lodge (you can get it as low as $129) or AKL.

Port Orleans French Quarters.

It is small and easy to get around. The pool theming is great, my son loved it (7 years old at that time). When we were there, the busses picked you up first before going over to Riverside, they could be close to full by the time they got there and you end up standing.

With smaller kids I think the less walking the better. And sitting is easier than standing on the bus. Not everyone is polite and gives up their seat to people with young, sleepy kids.

I would recommend CBR we stayed there our last trip and it was great:D My DD is 11 and she loves it. We also stayed there when she was younger. The pools are great and the food court is also very nice with a lot of different choices. I would request a room in either Martinique 26, 25 or 24 or Trinidad North 31, 32, or 33. These are closest to Old Port Royale. They also have the boat and bike rentals. We actually got a glimpse of Illuminations one night from the beach at CBR. It was very relaxing watching from the hammock on the beach. I would also request a beach-view my DD loved to go down there in the morning while we were getting ready (swimming is not allowed).

10/86 Off property
9/94 CBR
8/96 Dixie Landings
10/97 CBR
10/99 Disney Institute
11/01 Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge
8/02 Off property
12/02 All Star Movies
2/03 CBR
6/03 Undecided - probably CBR

49 DAYS UNTIL WE SEE THE MOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :earsboy:

Just back from Csr and we loved the resort. DD 9 and Ds 5 loved the pool and playground.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter