Which Disney Resort Is Your Fave/Home Resort?

Either Port Orleans. I love them both. I love POFQ because of the size, the music, and because it is the first place my family and I stayed as a family. I love POR because of the Royal Rooms, the overall theme of the resort, and Yehaa Bob. I love them both because of the boat to DS and the food (beignets at FQ and Boatwright's at POR).

After staying in a renovated room at Pop, I now love that resort, too! It is so bright and cheery, and the new rooms are just spectacular.

Contemporary! I love everything about it. Even if I'm not staying there on one of my trips, I always have to stop in for a little while to soak it all in. It's quintessential Disney to me.

Wilderness Lodge for us! It was here we stayed on our honeymoon, and we love the quiet rural feel with the great proximity to MK. Being on Bay Lake is just beautiful, and we love having the boat transportation options to MK, CR, and FW, especially with the kids. POR is a good second place, since it has a similar quiet rural feel, but we really enjoy having the entire resort under one roof, which many of the other deluxes don't even offer. The WL lobby and theming are exceptional too, and we can (and have) walk around and take pictures there for hours and hours. We can't wait to go back now that the additions to the resort are largely complete.

DVC - BLT, BCV - okay I like them all

value - Pop Century
moderate - POR
deluxe (not dvc) - to hard to pick

. . . and why?
Oh my - we own at SS, OKW, BLT, HH, BC, GF and WLV....have also stayed at AK and BWV. Love them all except not crazy about SS and AK - but the one that feels most like home is OKW...there's just something so relaxing and familiar about staying there.

Wilderness Lodge for us! It was here we stayed on our honeymoon, and we love the quiet rural feel with the great proximity to MK. Being on Bay Lake is just beautiful, and we love having the boat transportation options to MK, CR, and FW, especially with the kids. POR is a good second place, since it has a similar quiet rural feel, but we really enjoy having the entire resort under one roof, which many of the other deluxes don't even offer. The WL lobby and theming are exceptional too, and we can (and have) walk around and take pictures there for hours and hours. We can't wait to go back now that the additions to the resort are largely complete.
Wow. Based on this post and your screen name, we would get along great.

Wilderness Lodge, I just love the entire theme. The boat to MK, the lobby, the geyser, the dinning selections, the fireplace, the many places to sit and relax/people watch, and while it is a little expensive we loved our meal at Artist Point. We have not been there since the big makeover to the property.
And two more resorts that are a very close second and a toss-up between the two is Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian (haven't been since the big makeover).

I'm the oddball - my favorite is hands down Fort Wilderness.

So much to love:
Quiet/peaceful
Personal space
Listening to the boat horns
Watching fireworks/electric parade
Hanging out on the beach
Boat rentals
Visiting the horses
Trails End
Golf cart rides
Tetherball on the beach
Relaxing boat ride to MK/WL/CR

I could go on and on. Just love the laid back feel and Frontierland atmosphere of the place. Plus, people just seem friendlier there.

We've stayed at other resorts, but nothing quite compares to FW for me. :love:

It used to be the Poly before the bungalows. Now it's BWI, we love the smell, colors, sounds, & views. We also love being able to walk to Epcot daily thru IG. I am so hoping the gondolas don't ruin the ease of IG.

I'm the oddball - my favorite is hands down Fort Wilderness.

So much to love:
Quiet/peaceful
Personal space
Listening to the boat horns
Watching fireworks/electric parade
Hanging out on the beach
Boat rentals
Visiting the horses
Trails End
Golf cart rides
Tetherball on the beach
Relaxing boat ride to MK/WL/CR

I could go on and on. Just love the laid back feel and Frontierland atmosphere of the place. Plus, people just seem friendlier there.

We've stayed at other resorts, but nothing quite compares to FW for me. :love:

Nothing oddball about it!
I would love to try Fort Wilderness Campground with our pop-up camper but just can't get past the long drive down from Minnesota.
And there is no way I would vacation in Florida any other time other than the winter!
And the start of the trip could be in really lousy winter weather driving conditions. :charac2: Who knows, maybe someday pixiedust:

Any of the All Stars...grew up in those hotels and still coming back! I loved going up and down the stairs as a kid because they are awesomely themed!

Nothing oddball about it!
I would love to try Fort Wilderness Campground with our pop-up camper but just can't get past the long drive down from Minnesota.
And there is no way I would vacation in Florida any other time other than the winter!
And the start of the trip could be in really lousy winter weather driving conditions. :charac2: Who knows, maybe someday pixiedust:

OOooh, but Florida in the spring/summer/fall is fantastic!! Just like home, but with fluffier clouds and more palm trees :) The drive though...at any season...ick.

It used to be the Polynesian, we stayed there for the last 7 trips. Back in '15 we decided to bring the entire family, so scaled down to a moderate. After staying at POFQ, we just can't (won't)go back to the Poly. It seems so dark and outdated after POFQ.

The convenience of the boat to DS and the bright cheerfulness of the rooms, the wonderful CM's and how quaint (small) it is will have us going back time and again. Next visit is February 2018 and can't wait!

As long as we are not too far away from the lobby, AKL. Like others have noted the overall theming, lobby,CM's, dining and pools are fantastic and the experience of watching the animals through the day has been sublime. We have spent hours and hours on our balcony with the kids watching the different animals, seeing new behaviors, getting to know some animals as regulars. I think this resort does the best job of any Disney resort at integrating it's theme into all aspects of the guest experience and doing it in a way that really celebrates what that theme is all about. And it has a community hall. Perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter