Which Disney Resort Is Your Fave/Home Resort?

We stay at all of the deluxes, but GF is the one that feels like home to us. The rooms are lovely, the villas are top notch, and we love the pools. The food choices are fantastic, as are the boat and monorail transportation. We just love the entire feel and atmosphere here.

Poly! And I have to admit that the Poly was the least resort on my list I wanted to stay at, but I gave it a try. It was wonderful and we enjoyed every minute. The room (studio) was huge and having two showers was perfect. The vibe was very relaxed and peaceful.

I would even consider staying there again before trying other resorts. But currently I think about a split stay at YC and GF...hm...or maybe BC and CR?

I'm an AP that goes to Disney at least 4 times a month at little "staycations" such as the All-Stars or Pop, but if I am actually splurging or staying for an extended time period, AKL. AKL has had my heart since I was a child. The atmosphere is beyond beautiful. This hotel never fails to make my jaw drop each time I walk into the lobby. The staff is amazing; we've had the most phenomenal and friendliest staff experience at this Disney resort; walking through the lobby doors and hearing "Jambo!" is music to my ears. I could stay here and not go to a park and I would still be completely satisfied; there's always something to do. I've stayed there just for hotel pleasure instead of going to the Disney parks. And let's not forget about the mouth-watering Boma; one of my overall favorite restaurants!

When our children were growing up, we took them to WDW every summer. We alternated between The Polynesian and The Contemporary. Our son loved the Polynesian and declared the cheeseburger at Captain Cooks to be the best on property. Our daughter loved staying at the Contemporary in the tower and I loved the views also. Now that our children are grown and we are retired just 50 miles from WDW, yea!!!!! we do day trips and also stay on property several times a year. Our new favorite resort is POFQ. It is quiet, beautiful, and perfect for retired 60-something Disney lovers.

Right now, it's The Swan. I love everything about it--the rooms, pools, employees, dining options and proximity to Epcot. I feel the only thing we give up is the Magical Express, but the big, thick bath towels and Heavenly beds more than make up for that. I am greatly looking forward to our next stay there in September.

Sentimentally, Pop Century will always have a special place in my heart. We took three Free Dining trips three years in a row there, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Our neighbors joined us in 2008 and best friends in 2010. Those were among my favorite trips ever. We had so much fun! It may not be the fanciest place, but the memories I have from there make it a favorite.

Our favorite resort is POR, AB section. Our top 5 are probably: 1) POR-AB, 2) WL (theming) 3) OKW (larger rooms), 4) AK (theming and the animals), 5) FT Cabins (space and atmosphere). Although BWV are an Honorable mention because of their proximity to EPCOT.

My favorite is POFQ. I love the size of the resort in that no room is truly far from transport or food, and that it has a boat to DS. I also think the theme/decor is spot on. It really does have a French Quarter theme.

I also like the food court options.

That being said I've been hopping around trying all different resorts and the one I have the most stays at (3) is All Star Music. (I prefer Value level when doing solo trips).

It is my favorite value. It's quiet, tends to attract more adults, and I think it's landscaping is nice. I also think it's the least crowded of the Values since it is the most generic themed of the 5 Value resorts.

I love both of the Deluxes I've stayed at (WL probably edges out BC slightly) and if I didn't want to take more than one or two vacations a year one of them would be my HOME.

My favorite resorts are AKL and Boardwalk. AKL for the theme, restaurants, and savannas and Boardwalk for the theme and location. I haven't stayed at either because I just can't justify the price but they are my favorite. The one I like to stay at the most is POP.

For me it is BLT. It is great waking up and waking to magic kingdom. Also being able to watch the fireworks for the lounge on the roof as well.

Wilderness Lodge. I love Wilderness Lodge. I first visited WDW summer of 1992 when I was a child and I remember seeing Wilderness Lodge being built. I first stayed there three years ago (three years ago today, actually) and I absolutely fell in love. The moment we pulled up to the resort, I just felt so comfortable. Walking in the doors and seeing just how grand but also comforting the lobby was made me know I was going to love it there. The boat to Magic Kingdom is always a wonderful experience with boat captains who do so much more than get you from point A to point B. I love shopping in The Mercantile and getting breakfast at Roaring Fork and eating it out by the pool. I love that I can watch The Electrical Water Pageant from the beach or just sit out on my balcony and enjoy the music. I enjoy the pleasant boat ride to Fort Wilderness and seeing parts of the abandoned River Country and the shoe tree along the way. I LOVE watching Fire Rock Geyser erupt at least once a trip and sitting out on my balcony in the morning waiting for that first eruption of the day. At Christmas, the resort is even more beautiful, if that is possible. The music changes to a loop of Christmas tunes that fit the atmosphere perfectly. I just absolutely love that resort.

For me, it's the Polynesian. Everything about the resort puts me at ease, I love the scents and sounds of the lobby. Kona Cafe and 'Ohana are two of my favorite restaurants on property. I love the rooms, the proximity to Magic Kingdom, the monorail, and the view of the fireworks and the electrical water pageant from the beach.

GF---for so many reasons:
1. DH and I watched the construction on our first trip to WDW before we were married when I was 20 and he was 22 and said, "Some day we'll take our kid here." We did.
2. GF was where we stayed for our son's first and second trip's to WDW. He loved it, they treated us like royalty and it is very convenient if you need to take the monorail back to your room in the middle of the day because it's little kid nap time.
3. We love the theming. It's so beautiful and classic. Everything is pretty without being over the top or too cutesy. In spite of claims that it is 'stuffy" and "snobby," we've always found the GF very easygoing and child-friendly. The lobby is perfect when you're sitting and listening to the pianist play Disney tunes. It even smells nice.
4. It's not too big. GF has the smallest occupancy at WDW. You never feel like a number.
5. CMs who go above and beyond. I have never received more pixie dust than I have at the GF---room upgrades to CL and TPV, flowers and champagne on our anniversary, hand delivering our La Nouba tickets to our room, refunding the cost of my parents' breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe after they misread the CL breakfast hours at RPC, giving us a ride back to the WL when we were only dining at the GF but missed our transportation back, and most important of all, working directly with us to find a noise-free room during construction, so that my son, who has autism, would not be upset by the noise.
6. Amazing dining options. We especially like Narcoosee's and 1900 Park Fare.
7. Great opportunity to watch the fireworks from the dock or beach.
8. Excellent transportation. We love to take the boat back to the GF from MK.

Rooms aren't always available at the GF and they aren't always affordable for us. I also have a desire to stay at all the Disney deluxes, so we do move around, but the GF is the resort that we think of as "home."

Usually my answer is "whichever one I stayed at most recently" is my favorite. But not currently true. Most recent was AKL and we didn't like it AT ALL.

But we stay somewhere new every trip and honestly I can't pick a favorite. I love them all (other than AKL) for different reasons and I can't compare... Pop had the best customer service of any of the resorts we've stayed at. POFQ is so small and cozy and cheerful. POR Royal rooms were so magical. Art of Animation was just perfect. The cars area was amazing and we just loved it. CBR was so peaceful... I can't choose. I just can't choose. :)

Our families favorite resort would be the GF, with it's magnificent lobby and just a great feel to it.
Our goto(home) resort would be POFQ, we love the theme and the quaint brick streets and hearing the carriage horses at night. It gives us everything we need without breaking our bank:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter