Which Disney Resort Is Your Fave/Home Resort?

Yacht Club is my favorite but I stay at any of the Epcot resorts including Swan/Dolphin. It's all about location, location and location. We love to be able to walk to Epcot and HS.

We don't have one yet as we keep hopping around. 1st stay GF, 2nd stay POR, 3rd stay CBR and next in March is Wilderness Lodge. Our family keeps growing so we change based on the ages/needs of the kids! I would stay at GF always if we had the $$$$!

We really have 2 favorites at WDW, depending on the time of year and/or the main reason for our visit. If we want to spend a lot of time at Epcot, say F&W or F&G or Marathon weekend, then our favorite is Beach Club Villas. If our main purpose is just vacation, relaxation, it's Old Key West and the huge villas for us.

It used to be the BW. I just love hearing the music in the hallways and the theme of the resort. I think the slide is awesome and the quiet pool is in a beautiful setting. The proximity to Epcot and DHS is an obvious highlight.

Now that I have a child, I find myself reminiscing about WL. The boat ride to MK just has a stronger draw when your party contains a small child. I have a son, and I think he would get a kick out of the theming of WL. It's also a nice relaxing resort for the adults.

Yacht Club! While I would like to try a monorail resort someday, we just love the YC. The pool is amazing and walking to Epcot can't be beat! I just love the feel of the Rpcit area, and I can't wait to experience the returned rooms next year!!

I have two favorites.

AKL- Love the lobby and style of Jambo house, I also love the restaurants and lounge, as well as the animal viewing and pool. This is the resort that I choose for longer more laid back trips.

Beach Club- Love the location (i.e. walk to Epcot) and the theme with the crisp whites and light color palette. Love many of the restaurants and bars around that area, love the pool. This is the resort that I choose for more park centric shorter vacations, or vacations where I am more focused on the festivals at Epcot.

My new favorite is the Contemporary! We stayed there for the first time a few weeks ago, and it was absolutely awesome. We were in the garden wing, and the rooms were so nice and very spacious. Plus, you cannot beat walking to MK!

We love AKL. Just the ambience of the resort, so beautiful and peaceful. We love the animals, I could sit and watch them for hours.

Contemporary!

Besides having the Monorail right in the hotel and the easy walk to MK, we like how everything is in one building and every room has a balcony as well as a great view! I did not like how we needed to go outside to get to another building to fill up our soda cups or grab something to eat at all the other hotels. Even though my kids were young teens, I did not feel comfortable and it was annoying when it rained and some buildings were far away.

Last edited:
Our favorite moderate is POR and our favorite DVC is OKW because their villas are very large. If we're not staying at either of those, then we're camping at Ft. Wilderness.

Yacht or Beach Club for us. It's nice to have a tough time deciding between the two, because even though they share amenities (pool, restaurants, lounges), there's definitely a specific feel to each of them. We're having a terrible time trying to decide which to spend our honeymoon at!

POFQ. Pretty, quaint and charming, it feels like a little neighborhood to me. So compact, nothing is too far, and I don't even bother with room requests there any more because I'm convinced there is no "bad" location. As I told a CM there at the end of my first stay, if you could pick up the entire resort and set it down at the back gate of Epcot, it would be perfect.

I stayed at POP this year to save major $$$, and will do the same next year, and I like POP fine, but my heart belongs to POFQ.

I really love POR and I want to go back there. It was the first choice for my girl and I during Marathon Weekend, until I found a really sweet group rate for The Contemporary. Even so, I'm still pondering how to get those beignets at FQ, and if I can squeeze in time to see Yeeha Bob.

Tough one--I would have to say 2. AKL for it's self-contained nature and the feeling that I don't have to go to the parks to enjoy myself. BWI for its intimate feel and proximity to EP's International Gateway and walking distance to HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter