Which Christmas/Holiday Card Exchange would you prefer to particpate in?

Which Christmas Card exchange would you prefer

• Anonymous (where you leave a clue to your DIS identity)

• Not Anonymous (where you sign you name like you would do normally)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have participated in the anonymous exchange, but if I get a vote then I'd vote for the non-anonymous. If you are only exchanging a couple of cards, then its kind of fun to try and figure out who sent what. But when you exchange 10+ cards, and can't figure out half of them, then you are constantly searching through the long thread looking to see if someone else posted about your clue or if someone responded to you needing help to figure yours out. I always felt a bit overwhelmed when I couldn't figure a clue out and the thread was getting long. I guess I felt like I wasn't acknowledging the receipt of the card and thanking my sender. I remember other people giving up on some clues and simply saying "thanks whoever sent that".

Either way, I'll participate. If the exchange is anonymous, I'll just do less so I don't feel overwhelmed!

ADisneygirl said:
I have participated in the anonymous exchange, but if I get a vote then I'd vote for the non-anonymous. If you are only exchanging a couple of cards, then its kind of fun to try and figure out who sent what. But when you exchange 10+ cards, and can't figure out half of them, then you are constantly searching through the long thread looking to see if someone else posted about your clue or if someone responded to you needing help to figure yours out. I always felt a bit overwhelmed when I couldn't figure a clue out and the thread was getting long. I guess I felt like I wasn't acknowledging the receipt of the card and thanking my sender. I remember other people giving up on some clues and simply saying "thanks whoever sent that".

Either way, I'll participate. If the exchange is anonymous, I'll just do less so I don't feel overwhelmed!

You don't have to do a mega amount... the number of cards you send has always been the deicision of the individual.. So, it's really up to you if you want to send 2 or 10... I've never set figures, expcept for the minimum... which needs to be more than 1.

There is another solution to not being confused...

Keep checking the sent/received thread daily for clues. Make a mental note or even jot them down... then when you start receiving your cards you have some clues that have already been posted and quite possibly solved. But either way... check the thread daily as you just never know what you will find on there:teeth:

Do you keep sending cards until your receiver figures out who you are ~ or do you put a bunch of clues in one card??

kimber79 said:
Do you keep sending cards until your receiver figures out who you are ~ or do you put a bunch of clues in one card??

You just send one card per individual, and put your clues onto that card.

mommytotwo said:
You just send one card per individual, and put your clues onto that card.

Thanks for answering that Patsy..:thumbsup2

For those who prefer to know who their cards are from.. pop a PM to DisneyCP2002. If you ask her nicely she may host a non-anonymous exchange for you.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter