Where would you pick to stay?

readytogotodisney

DIS Veteran
Next month we'll be booking our post cruise stay, 3 days in mid November.
We won't really be doing any parks, just MVCMP one night. Other then that I plan on us swimming, maybe a water park, DTD, dinners at the hotel restaurants (TBD) and seeing the fireworks at MK outside the parks.
We like to stay at new places, but we've stayed at all DW DVC locations except SSR and WLV (but we've stayed at WL- years ago).

So knowing that, were would you stay? Taking out the availability factor, I'll cross that bridge when 7 month rolls around.
Points wise it's all roughly the same and doable.

If you're open to anything and of course if you can get it, I can't say enough good things about the grand floridian DVC. It is gorgeous.

BLT would also be a wise choice for MVMCP and watching wishes.

The nice thing about WDW DVC is that there really isn't a wrong answer to your question. But for the things you've listed for the trip, these are the first two that come to mind.

For watching Wishes, BLT is a great choice, you can go to Tope of the World and view them from there, or VWL, for sheer relaxation. And VWL is a boat ride away from BLT(as a member, staying onsite, you have access to TOTW).

If you want to stay at a resort you haven't experienced yet, I would suggest VWL - we stayed there during the Xmas season years ago and the resort was decorated so beautifully, to me GF and VWL had the best decorations. It's warm cozy ambiance really added to the holiday spirit. They have lots of quiet spaces for relaxation or reading a book.
One of my favorite things was a free daily tour which talked about the architecture and design of the resort which was fun.

We won't really be doing any parks, just MVCMP one night. Other then that I plan on us swimming, maybe a water park, DTD, dinners at the hotel restaurants (TBD) and seeing the fireworks at MK outside the parks.
We like to stay at new places, but we've stayed at all DW DVC locations except SSR and WLV (but we've stayed at WL- years ago).

Based on this information I would recommend SSR for the location close to DTD and the water parks. Taking the boat over to DTD especially at night can be a lot of fun.

BLT comes to mind first, but since you've stayed there, I'd vote for VWL. You can boat to BLT as another mentioned, and you can even see Wishes from the beach, though mostly the higher explosions. It's relaxing, has great holiday decorations (though you likely wouldn't see them all that early), and is a boat ride away from MK as well as CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter