Where to stay in LA/Hollywood area?

Koda

DIS Veteran
We will be spending a few days in the LA/Hollywood area, following our stay at DLR at the end of June/early July. Any recommendations on where to stay? We will spend a day at US, do all of the Hollywood touristy stuff, and maybe see a show in LA. We are flying out of LAX.

Thanks!:)

Anyone have any input? I am debating between staying in the Santa Monica area, to be closer to the beach, or somewhere near the Hollywood attractions.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn by Universal, it was called the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn but she no longer owns them. It had a free hot breakfast in the restraunt and a guy from Star Trek would come into the bar nightly :)
I didn't know who he was but my xh did as I didn't watch the old tv show. (it wasn't a sleezy type bar but a nice bar type addition in the restraunt. I haven't been there for 10 years so don't know if it's different now.

Thanks for the info! The Holiday Inn by Universal is actually one of the places that I am looking at. Did you use your car to get around, or use bus/taxi? I read that they have a free shuttle to Universal. Did you use this? If so, was it pretty timely? :)

I wonder if the free shuttle to Universal might also be able to drop you off at the Metro Red Line station? If not, it's very close by.

The Garland is a very nice hotel and they have a free shuttle. But
it doesn’t stop at the Red Line station.

Of course there are dozens of hotels/motels in the Hollywood area
- all the usual chains in just about every price range. Super 8,
Days Inn, Quality Inn, Vagabond Executive, Best Western, W,
Renaissance, Magic Castle Hotel.

Is the area that the Beverly Garland Hotel in safe to walk around at night? My only hesitation with booking a hotel in Hollywood, is that I have heard that it is not the safest area.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter