Where to park when visiting multiple parks in one day?

ErinC

DIS Veteran
My daughter and a friend are headed to the world for one day. DD has an annual pass, so she will not have to pay for parking (but she does have to validate her pass when she gets there). They will be there Sat. March 24th. They will start their day at HS. It opens at 9. They plan to rope drop to get as much in as possible and have some fast passes there in the morning. Then they plan to go to MK and ride some things there. They want to end their day at AK, because they want to try to do FOP just before the park closes. SO...

Where should they park for the day? HS will close at 9:00, AK closes at 10:00. If they come out of AK at 10:30 to 11:00 at night, would there still be transportation back to her car at HS? I'm not sure how much time would be lost during the day trying to move her car from park to park. What should they do?

Starting the day at Hollywood Studios drive there first. When leaving HS drive to the last park you will be at (Animal Kingdom) nd take the bus to the park you really wanted to go to next (Magic Kingdom).

Old rule was to drive directly to the last park of the day assuming it is open but with rope drop so important nowadys, it is better to drive first to the first park.

Starting the day at Hollywood Studios drive there first. When leaving HS drive to the last park you will be at (Animal Kingdom) nd take the bus to the park you really wanted to go to next (Magic Kingdom).

Old rule was to drive directly to the last park of the day assuming it is open but with rope drop so important nowadys, it is better to drive first to the first park.

Thanks! Yes they want to try to rope drop at HS, and they’ll already being driving almost 2 hours to get there, so I don’t think they would have time to go to AK first. Thanks for the advice! I’ll pass it on.

Why not just move the car as they go? That is what we are planning to do on our 4-park day.

If not, I would make sure to leave it at a park they can get back to after the last park closes. If the car is at HS, they could take a bus to Boardwalk or YC and walk to HS to get the car. If it is at TTC, they could take a bus to Polynesian and walk to the car.

It will probably take less time to just go pick up the car and drive to the next park as opposed to waiting around for a bus to show up. The only real wrinkle is having to park and take the monorail at the T&T center, but that could still be quicker than some 30 minute waits for a bus to show up.

Last theme park you are visiting! Better to not have to take the transportation back after a long day!

Why not just move the car as they go? That is what we are planning to do on our 4-park day.

IMO, to bus from DHS to MK mid-day would be faster than getting in the car, driving there, parking, taking the parking tram, then taking ferry/monorail to gate. My opinion might differ if it was any park other than MK.

I agree with PP that I would park at DHS to make rope drop, and then from there I might just bus to MK. After MK, they could bus back to DHS to get the car and then drive over to AK. Might be faster than going to AK mid-day unnecessarily just to move the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter