Where to lunch question

pixiepoo

Earning My Ears
I'm sailing on Sept. 21st! Have two last minute questions:

1. Where to lunch? Would someone please compare the quality/experience of beach blanket buffet compared to Parrot Cay or Triton's for lunch. I've seen the Triton's lunch menus, but nothing about the buffet.
2. If I log on to the internet on the ship can I access my regular yahoo e-mail? In other words can someone contact me on the ship via my e-mail address and can I contact them? Just want to be sure.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info I've learned from this board. I know I will have a better trip because of it!

:D

Hi, I'm on the same sailing. Not sure on the first question, but you can definitely access your Yahoo mail on the ship.

I have only been on the Magic but I would assume that there would be some similarity between Triton's and Lumiere's concerning lunch.

My take is this: Lunch at Lumiere's (Triton's) is sit-down with table service. That means you have access to a full bar, including any coke products and/or alcohol that you might want. The meals are of excellent quality, as usual. (I had a mushroom risotto in Lumiere's for lunch one day that is to die for! :) )

At the buffet, you are limited in your choice of drinks but usually have a great selection of food.

Unless it was the character breakfast, we tend to skip the sit down dining room meals and save them for dinner when we had more time to enjoy and partake.

With so much to see and do on the ship, we did 'Topsiders' buffet
on Magic and 'Beach Blanket' buffet on Wonder. We enjoyed eating brk/lunch while overlooking the water. IMO - nice assortment, the food was good, as buffets go. Love the shrimp!

Another option we did once, is the 'Pluto's Dog House' on deck 9 nr the pool, for delicious hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled chicken, chicken fingers. There is also pizza in that area w/drink station w/coffee, tea, punch. No matter, you won't go hungry...LOL!

Yes, on the email.
Our son in Korea sent us a Bon Voyage message. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter