Where to have dinner near Legoland?

DTDkettleCORNfan

DIS Veteran
We'll be in Legoland this winter, and want to eat dinner nearby after the park closes at 5pm. This way we can wait for traffic to die down (hopefully!) before driving back up to our hotel near Disneyland.

Any suggestions of places near the park? We have a 7 and 4 year old, so kid friendly is a must. We can always do McDonalds or something quick, but if something else (a little healthier) was close it would be nice. Thanks!

But, we did stop once one or two exits south of LL and eat at Claim Jumper Distillery. I had some manner of yummy soup in a bread bowl and the best thing for me is that they had rootbeer barrel candies instead of mints. My
favorite!!!!!!!!!

It is a chain, but we all enjoyed it, the DD who was 6 at the time enjoyed the kid mac and Cheese.

I am sure there are plenty of other places about, just really don't know the area!!!

Have fun!!!

AMY

Just off the exit south of LL (the Palomar Airport Road exit), there is a Ruby's Diner, TGIFriday's, King's Fish House, Claim Jumper, Marie Callender's, Islands Burgers, Karl Strauss Brewery.

Any of those should be fine with kids. Ruby's Diner is a personal favorite of mine!

Thanks grumpyvet and Monkey Monkey. We'll head south for the Palomar Airport Road exit and look around there. Sounds like we'll have a lot of options. I have never heard of Ruby's Diner. There is a Claim Jumper up by us, but we have only been there once....it was good. Thanks for the tips!!!

We went to TGIFriday's after Legoland, then made a trip to the Outlet stores close by before heading to Disneyland. We were traveling with my DH and I, 2 teens and 3 kids and we all enjoyed the food.

Have fun!

Thanks for the tip BC. I love TGIFs....and haven't been there in years. You mean you actually had $$ left to outlet shop after leaving Legoland? I think my son will bleed us dry in their gift shops :-)

There's a Pat & Oscar's in the parking lot that is shared with the nearby Costco. It is a chain but it is good inexpensive food. There is pizza, BBQ chicken, BBQ ribs, Caesar salad, pasta in tomato sauce, etc. If you have an Entertainment book for San Diego, I think there's a coupon in there for this restaurant. We ate there a few times during our trip.

We also ate at Rubio's (love their fish tacos).

c&m....thanks. I've never heard of Pat & Oscar's. We'll have to make a list of restaurant choices and check out their menus on the internet. I love Rubios too!!!

We saved the gift shops until just before leaving. The park took all day so we only had a few minutes before closing and they really didn't find much we couldn't get at home. My 7 yr old and my teenage brother and sister did enjoy the store that had bulk legos and they had some really unique colors.

Thanks BC. That is a good idea to save the gift shops until the end of the day. He loves mini figs, so hopefully they sell their parts in bulk.

Thanks BC. That is a good idea to save the gift shops until the end of the day. He loves mini figs, so hopefully they sell their parts in bulk.

Nope. This was our big disappointment when we were there. My son often wants the big sets just so he can get the people! They sell the people parts on the lego shop website though, so I bought a ton there!
As to restaurants, there is a great Steak Place across the road near the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort that has fairly reasonable prices and a good atmosphere called Karl Strauss Brewery Restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter