Where to get a good deal on airline tickets to fly to Orlando

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: I have a friend travelling for the first time to wdw. They want to fly from Hamilton/Niagara Toronto/Buffalo area non stop to Orlando.

Any tips for which websites to use. When is the best time to purchase airline tickets etc?

Thanks,

Deb.

We fly SW out of Buffalo. I like that they have several nonstop flights to choose from throughout the day and I love their cancellation policy and no bag fees. But I do find getting a great price tricky these days. I used to find great deals the day they released flights a couple of years back, now I just keep checking the SW website constantly if I need a flight. I've got some decent prices 2-3 months out from when I want to fly. Prices are generally pretty good if you can fly midweek during off peak seasons.

If you want to look at the ultra low cost carriers (Spirit, Allegiant) your only option is to book the flights directly at the airline’s web site

Use Google Flights! It is great for seeing prices for different days and you can also have it watch prices for dates you choose and e-mail you when they change.

+1 for google flights. I usually set up an alert for flights out of Toronto and Buffalo for the dates we need. It does not have Southwest prices on it though. When I get an alert indicating that prices have dropped, I check Southwest and it is usually the cheapest than any other option.

We just booked a villa at WH and are currently looking for airfare (march break mon to mon) I just found a direct flight from Detroit to Orlando for only 70 with Spirit. I am a little worried to use Spirit. I hear about cancellations and flight delays. I checked out the historical data from Detroit and it looks good :) I think for the way home we will book SW. I always check all the airports Buff/Flint/Rochester/Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Detroit for the best deals. We flew out of Pittsburgh the last two years for a really good price... This year those seats are sold!

There are direct flights from London to Orlando on Saturdays.

As mentioned though use Google flights! You can enter a range of airports in the area to price track.

I just booked a great deal - Google Flights Ottawa to Orlando in October - I see it was Delta operated by WestJet. For some reason booking through Delta saved almost $200 per person and its still taxes in etc - just have to pay baggage. But anyways - I got 3 people round trip for $1313 CAD all in :)

Hi: I have a friend travelling for the first time to wdw. They want to fly from Hamilton/Niagara Toronto/Buffalo area non stop to Orlando.

Any tips for which websites to use. When is the best time to purchase airline tickets etc?

Thanks,

Deb.

have you checked out the RBC Westjet master card? It gives a companion flight I believe once a year for just $99. You need to pay the annual fee for it but that's still a pretty great deal considering flights to Orlando aren't cheap. Here's the website:

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/servic...MasterCard&utm_referrer=https://www.bing.com/

Just got a smokin hot deal on Priceline. 266 cad round trip all taxes included. Calgary to Orlando on WestJet. Never once have I ever seen it this low.

Is that price for direct flights? We are in Calgary too and paid $700 but for no stops

Don't forget Sunwing if you're flying out of Toronto and the newly added discount airline, Frontier Airlines out of Buffalo. Sunwing doesn't show up on Google Flights so you need to check independently. Frontier has some crazy discounts that can pop up at anytime during the week. Just remember to include the extra baggage fees and Frontier's annual $50 Discount Den membership for some special rates in your comparisons.

West Jet does have some decent prices. I was surprised. I have been flying with Alaska Airlines for quite a few years and use the companion rate each year for who ever I take with me. This year their prices are crazy high compared to last year which was also a huge increase from the previous year.

I decided this year I'm not doing WDW, the flight costs are crazy and the FD bounceback is still quite a lot of money and it's in USD. I'm doing a non Disney cruise and staying in Los Angeles for a week and then flying home. Cost is so cheap for 2 people to fly with West Jet and we have a direct flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter