Where to eat Breakfest besides Character ones?

Disney Fans

Disney Fans
:confused3 We are staying at PPH and I see the Breakfest with Characters but where can we just get simple breakfest meal. We don't want to do a full Character Breakfest meal everyday? Are there any other places in the hotels or downtown disney?
Thanks

In the park we love the River Belle Terrace over by pirates, affordable and really good. Also in Downtown Disney there is La Brea bakery, I think it is called and they have bagels and quick type bites.

There are a few places you can grab some breakfast:

PPH - there is a snack bar of sorts in the lounge near the lobby

DLH - There is a coffee house that serves pastries & coffee, etc. They may have more

GCH - Whitewater snacks has simple breakfast items

Downtown Disney
- Rainforest Cafe has a nice breakfast
- Compass Books has a deli type shop that serves coffee, milk, juices, pastries, etc.
- Jazz Kitchen has a place where you can order breakfast
- La Brea Bakery serves up quiche, oatmeal, as well as breafkast breads

Across the esplanade & on Harbor Blvd there are Denny's, Mimi's Cafe, & Millies. I think there is also an IHOP, but not sure.

We do a Character breakfast once on a trip, the rest of the time we usually grab something quick like McDonalds, or places off site. We usually don't want to waste the time sitting down to breakfast every morning, we'd never make it to the EE days that's for sure! Not to mention it's quite pricey!

But there are several sit down places that serve breakfast both onsite, at DTD and of course off site like Denny's ect...

Carnation cafe on main street.
Riverbell terrace (Mickey pancakes)
Club Buzz
Blue Ribbon bakery on mainstreet for a pastry

All are in the park, and you can get breakfast for under $10 with a drink.

Granvilles at the DLH
Rainforest cafe in DTD

Take a look at www.dlresortinfo.com for menus with prices. It will give you an idea of what you can find.

This is inside the park, on Main Street, but I think you might enjoy it. The Carnation Cafe (you can make a PS, which I would suggest) has a nice breakfast variety, eggs to waffles to fruit, coffee drinks and a lovely atmosphere. It's become a tradition for us to have breakfast there at least one morning when we are at DL. My 10 year old son insists on it! It's nice to sit outside, have your breakfast and watch the people filling into the park. Sometimes the chef comes out to make his rounds. An overall very nice, relaxing experience!

Highly recommend the breakfast at Carnation Cafe. Good food, good prices and an unbeatable atmosphere.

Also, the beignets from the Jazz Kitchen in DTD make a wonderful breakfast on the run (with the maple bacon!).

I like a fast break, sit down types just take away from my being in the park. :thumbsup2

We just returned and since the park opened at 8:00, many of the Downtown Disney restaurants weren't open before then. We rode some rides, then stopped at the River Belle Terrace for a late breakfast. The food was very good and plenty of it! Three of us were able to share the Steamboat which had scrambled eggs, bacon, and three pancakes, plus the fruit plate that came with a slice of watermelon, pineapple, canteloupe, honeydew melon, kiwi, strawberries and grapes. The portions are very generous.

Another vote for either room service (yes,all DLR) or River belle Terrace.....outside on the patio.

slp87 said:
plus the fruit plate that came with a slice of watermelon, pineapple, canteloupe, honeydew melon, kiwi, strawberries and grapes. The portions are very generous.

isnt that fruit plate just gorgeous??? I am not a big fruit person...I go through my spells but that made my mouth water :goodvibes

isnt that fruit plate just gorgeous??? I am not a big fruit person...I go through my spells but that made my mouth water
It was fabulous! We couldn't believe how fresh it was!!

Try the Rainforest Cafe! We tried it for the first time in April and it was very good! Be warned though, the portions are HUGE and you can easily share. My cousin ordered a breakfast pizza that was enormous and only ate two pieces of it! I had checken fried steak and it was huge. It came with the largest biscuit I've ever seen in my life. Had we known about the sizes of the portions, we would have shared!

tlovesdis said:
Try the Rainforest Cafe! We tried it for the first time in April and it was very good! Be warned though, the portions are HUGE and you can easily share. My cousin ordered a breakfast pizza that was enormous and only ate two pieces of it! I had checken fried steak and it was huge. It came with the largest biscuit I've ever seen in my life. Had we known about the sizes of the portions, we would have shared!

Hey,
Thats a great idea! I didn't even know that RF even had Breakfast. Sounds neat and different, thats for sure. Thanks ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter