Where the magic lives! An August solo dining adventure! Final thoughts and cost analysis 11/12.

Thank you for writing this awesome Dining Report! I really enjoyed reading about all your experiences and delicious food you tried.
Thanks for all your positive comments! I love your dining reports too and will have to live vicariously through your travels until the next time I am back in the World!

I enjoyed your TR and appreciate the cost comparisons. Thanks for taking the time to share your great trip.

I arrived back at AKL after my less than stellar lunch and headed down to the pool to relax for a while. Soon I was feeling a little hungry so I thought I'd pop by the Mara to grab some fruit to enjoy with my couscous salad from the night before. This made a nice light afternoon snack before heading over to AK for the evening.
I have no idea when I'll do my report, but we had a quick lunch at Tokyo Dining and the sushi was excellent. Blew our meal at Kona out of the water. So definitely worth considering on your next trip.

I knew I had to try @kastoney recommendation of the Annapurna Zing and this did not disappoint! (although it did go up in price to $11). This was a combination of Bombay Sapphire gin, passion fruit puree and mint and finished with ginger beer. Of course, it was so pretty with the glowing lotus blossom as well!
So glad to hear you enjoyed it. And you'll be shocked to hear when we went last week the price was up to $13. Absolutely ridiculous that they raised the price that much and kept the drink price the same and just added a glowing blossom. I still enjoyed it, but I guess the days of amazing drinks at value are over.

I didn't want anything too heavy as I had a FP for my second journey on Flights of Passage coming up next. I decided upon the Lionfish Tacos (breaded lionfish with pineapple and jalapeno). This were fresh and yummy if a little on the small size but perfect for what I wanted just then.
img_1148-jpg.281483
These look great!!!! We almost tried them on our trip but ended up with the wings (Casey's request) and poutine

img_1176-jpg.282766

Isn't that the most heavenly thing you have ever seen? So good! My faves were the tomato jam, the coriander dip, the tamarind and the groundnut. I loved the onion kulcha with the garlic ginger naan a close second. Of course I needed something fabulous to enjoy with all this yumminess and went for the raspberry ginger mojito. Mmmmmm! It was a perfect blend of flavours and so refreshing!
You said it perfectly. Heaven on a plate!

I am officially at the end of my dining adventures for my sixth (second solo) trip to the World! It was an amazing trip and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. Paying OOP proved to be a winner for me yet again as I ate very well and came out well ahead of what I would have spent on the DDP.
Thanks so much for sharing!!! Loved eating and drinking vicariously with you.

I enjoyed your TR and appreciate the cost comparisons. Thanks for taking the time to share your great trip.
You are very welcome! Thanks for joining in!

Thank you for sharing! Your trip sounded great
It was such a fun trip and of course I can't wait to go back. Thanks for reading along!

I have no idea when I'll do my report, but we had a quick lunch at Tokyo Dining and the sushi was excellent. Blew our meal at Kona out of the water. So definitely worth considering on your next trip.
Tokyo Dining is definitely going on the list for our 20th anniversary trip in 2019. I hope to do another solo trip next summer but Jack starts university fall 2018 so I'll have to see how much money I have left, lol!

So glad to hear you enjoyed it. And you'll be shocked to hear when we went last week the price was up to $13. Absolutely ridiculous that they raised the price that much and kept the drink price the same and just added a glowing blossom. I still enjoyed it, but I guess the days of amazing drinks at value are over.
Yikes! $13!!!!! I might be finding a new fave...that is pricy!

Thanks for sharing!! I loved reading about your solo dining adventures and they are making me want to consider being brave enough to try a solo trip too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!