where did I go wrong?

faithinkarma

<font color="green">I'm not a good swimmer, but I
Last night I called the CRO to make reservations for my son
at one of the All Star resorts. He wanted to be there for New Year's Eve 2003 and stay on for an additional 9 nights.

Following advice I have read on these boards, I asked when the Value season started. I was told January 1, 2004. So I made two reservations, one for the December 30 and 31 at the holiday rate of $127.68. And a second one beginning January 1, for 9 nights. The total for the second reservation was $997.92.

I was so pleased to get him the dates he wanted, it was not until later that I realized that he would be paying $110.88 per night for the value season. All the sites I have visited, including tour guide mike, have listed the value season rate for 2004 at $77.00.

I called back this morning and spoke with a rather nasty cast member who was no help at all. She insisted that the value season has not yet been determined and the standard rate was in fact $110.88. When I attempted to get more information, her only comment was a harsh " if you fail to make the deposit on time, you will lose your reservation". I had never suggested the deposit would not be made, I was just trying to larify their pricing policy.

Am I nuts, or is $110. a night for the All Stars way out of line?

They probably don't have the rates out for 2004 yet. What they noramally do is charge you an arbitrary amount for the deposit, and then you'll be credited the difference towards your stay if the rates are lower when they do come out.

Also I could be wrong but that $77 was a code or discounted rate, and the higher rate is the rack rate for value season.

Anne

I just got off the phone with them. If I were to arrive there tonight, the rate (without any discounts) for a night at ASMu would be $109.00.. and I'm a Florida resident.

I've stayed at the All Star resorts from as low as $44 to a high of $110.

That is pretty steep! I would call back and try another CM- you'll probably get a different answer. Good luck!

Those value season dates are for 2003, not 2004 which is probably your problem. Disney may not have decided on the dates yet as they continue to evaluate the economic situation. Or, Disney is going to raise the room rates. If your 110 includes tax, your in the upper 90's, and that sounds very plausable if they upped their rates.

I checked over on mousesavers.com for you and that shows that only rates for 2003 have been released...when the value season rates are determined you will get your discount, and historically they have been around 77-87 per night. I say go ahead and pay your deposit to get the room and wait for the rates to be determined...

We are booked for one night at AllStarsSports this Aug. It will cost us $110.88 for that one night. That is the rate (with tax) for regular season. Now, when they get the 'seasons' figured out for 2004, you will probably fall into a value rate. But for now you are probably being charged for regular season pricing. I'm sure it will go down.

Well, others here have pretty much posted what I was going to...The rates for 2004 are not yet set yet, so they charge you the "regular season" rate ($99 + 12% tax=$110.88) until the rate is determined. Once that happens your reservation will be updated with the 2004 value season rates, which will probably be around $77 or so per night for a standard room. Also remember that the $77 rate is for 2003 so the rate will probably go up a little bit for 2004.

I am going in Jan 2004 and have been booked for quite some time. Someone here explained the process to me so I could take a deep breath after I heard the total on the phone!

HTH!

Thanks everyone. It is now a lot more clear to me. It had not occurred to me that if the once the seasons are determined there might be an adjustment in the price. How unfortunate that the cast member I spoke with could not have taken the time to explain it to me. And thank goodness for all the people in here who ARE willing to take the time.

My intention was to book my own trip when I called this morning. Splitting it up between Animal Kingdom Lodge, DVC and Polynesian Lagoon Concierge. But reserving at Disney has always been, and should be a fun experience. Dealing with an unpleasant CM was so unsettling that I decided to wait and call back another day for these reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter