Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

Oops Renee I think I missed responding to one of your posts!
Completely understandable...I was all over the place. Now I am back to catch up again. I'm probably not supposed to be since I am actually at work today...but today is pretty much a joke. We have been off 3 days this week (2 for snow, one for MLK) and today was a delayed start. I think almost every other district is closed today. My district is the biggest in the state. Stay closed one more day and save the taxpayers some money. Anyway...as it is I have 5 kids absent. We've been here two hours and already eaten twice (breakfast and lunch). So since today is such a sham, I thought I would catch up on the DIS. HAHAHA

Last edited:
after taking Chris and a couple friends to see Pitch Perfect 3 :laughing: Yup, that's what they wanted to see!
Why am I not surprised? :rotfl:

binged the first season of "Santa Clarita Diet" on Netflix (cannot WAIT for the 2nd season now!)
I remember them advertising this and I like the actors (the guy from Justified, I think, and Drew Barrymore, right?) so I should watch this sometime.

I wanted to get a Christmas ornament and hadn't had time to go in the Christmas store in DS the day before so we went in the small Christmas store in Liberty Square
I should remember this as an option. This year I got us 2 from the Shop Parks App, or maybe it was the Shop Disney site, but it would be cooler to be able to pick one out from the parks or DS. Of course, we will be there two times this year, so do I wait? Or just get one from each trip?

I think it's pretty cute
Agreed.

headed in to the Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-Tiki-room.
We are definitely going to try to do this in June. We only have one park day, however, we missed it last year and I heard it *MAY* be on the chopping block. And we may need some filler between dinner and sunset because we want to do BTMRR and Jungle Cruise at night.

Closed:

img_7146-jpg.291662

Open!
img_7155-jpg.291663
Never knew it did this....lol.

we were ready for our daily break so took the boat back to WL.
Love that boat!

as well as showering again which ya gotta do more often when it's melt-your-skin hot outside.
Yes, this is another function of the midday break!

Oh! And I bought this during our afternoon rest:

Edited to add I realized I posted this without a picture, sorry guys :rotfl2: I have to run out now but I promise I'll add the picture to my next post!
TEASE!!!!

I'll share my picture with the Master of the Castle:

img_7182-jpg.291666
Looking forward to this meal in June. Our first dinner at BOG...though I will have to scoot over to your DR to see the latest review. Hmmmm.....

I'm back! Before I answer comments or continue with our MK after-BOG evening let me show you my newest D&B:

img_7858-jpg.291787

img_7859-jpg.291786

Isn't it so cute? We didn't see it in ANY store before or after I bought it and I haven't seen anyone post about it since. It's big and I lose stuff in it since I normally buy the satchel size but I think the pattern is so different and unique :mickeyjum
I do love that! And I'm surprised but I have never seen it. I keep up with them on that Disney purse group I added you to. Btw, apparently the D&Bs are showing up at the outlets a lot lately (fyi: @StarWarsMomofGirls!) so I will be making a trip in June. I really want the 45th Anniversary pattern! I did get a new (to me) Harvey's. It is a camo mickey pattern. I'll post it on FB and on my TR eventually. I just haven't gotten around to taking a photo yet. I did start carrying it today but its a tad smaller than my D&B tote, so I will probably go back to it soon. I'm like a boy scout, so I carry everything plus the kitchen sink in my purse...lol.

we all went on HM.
This depresses me. It may be a few years before we get to go on it again as AJ refuses after our ride this past June (we did get stuck on it....lol).

On our way out we got some PP pictures.
Very nice!

Was there a strike going on?
:rotfl2: Maybe they just needed some sprucing up. :confused3

I feel like we did more after dinner besides HM and IASW because I remember it was dark after IASW and we felt we'd done enough, but I can't remember. Again: result of dragging out your TR too long!
Story of my life.....

therefore settled for a little CL snack. Here's mine:

img_7204-jpg.291793

Mmmmm, my last raspberry macaroon, perfection :love: And strawberry shortcake in a tiny glass, delicious! With moscato that isn't normally in the lounge but that Steve asked the CM if they had and he happily went and procured for me.
Un...yes! Looks delish!

shortly before HEA so we figured we'd see how it looked from the lounge.
We will be checking it out from Top of the World Lounge in June. Cannot wait for that new experience!

Last edited:

Um.....Hi :wave: I want to nominate myself for Worse Trip Reporter of 2017 and also nominate myself in my supporting role of Worse Trip Report Follower of 2017.
Nope...no way you are getting that title away from me! :rotfl2:

Now before I move on -
ladies, can we talk SPARKLE SKIRTS???
WHO HAS SOME (@chunkymonkey)?
WHAT STYLE DO YOU HAVE?
DO THEY RUN BIG? SMALL? TRUE TO SIZE?

I want to order some for our March trip but I'm torn between the styles. And the patterns OMG! I want them all! Any advice would be appreciated :D
I've look at them so many times. But I just don't know if I can justify the cost. And if I do break down and get one...then like it...I am doomed, because I'll just buy a bunch more! LOL

We were going to HS to ride the Great Movie Ride for the.last.time :sad2::headache::sad:
Boo hoo. So glad we did this in June because none of us except Mom did in June 2016 (so glad she did it then though). And of course it was before the closure was announced so we even got it as an additional one, one day.

Gorgeous tapestry on the wall. Wonder where it went :(

img_7211-jpg.293771
I've heard they auction stuff off, but I don't know where and sometimes I wonder if that is true because I think they re-purpose a lot of stuff. Like some of the stuff at the new WL pool is from the backlot tour.

It felt weird walking off the ride. Chris returned to me and said, "so we'll never ride this again, will we?" I said no and he said "wow". Yeah kid, I know.
He totally gets it.

Hi guys! My kids got out early today because we're supposed to get 8" of snow tomorrow. You read that right, they had early dismissal TODAY, because it was flurrying barely at all and we're supposed to have 8" starting at midnight tonight into tomorrow afternoon.
I'm in GA and I'm laughing at this! LOL. We might be crazy about snow but they would never call us off early if there was no coming in at midnight!

So now I'm chilling watching "This Is Us"
Love that show.

because there's a 99.9% chance 3 of the 4 of us don't have to get up in the morning!
We were off for 2 days as well, and I covered the delayed, we are at work today thing a few posts ago.

Before I start I want to share a couple pictures from last Friday night when Ricky was inducted into the Italian Honor Society at school, or as us real Italians call it-
"LA SOCIETA"
Congrats!

We had a little bit to wait so we found a seat in the shade and the kids did something out of the ordinary :rolleyes:

img_7235-jpg.295918
:rotfl2:

Soon the show started and people came out whose names I was clueless about:

img_7237-jpg.295919
:rotfl:
Yes, I'm laughing at you. I shouldn't but I just grew up a Star Wars fan so I can't even comprehend this sentence!

Our takeaway? Chris and Steve had none. I think it's probably a really cool show for SW fans. Ricky, as a new-to-SW-not-really-a-"fan"-yet, thought it was just "eh". But I think the movies he'd watched were older maybe? Because he said he didn't know quite a few of the characters also but knew the ones I did, like Chewbacca, C3PO, R2D2, Darth Vader, etc.
I am a fairly big fan but I don't even watch the stage show.

Believe me, as cold as it was in there I'm pretty sure most headlights were definitely on!
:lmao:

This was our 2nd time to Sci Fi and our 1st was probably 3 years ago. The boys vaguely remembered the old movies so we all enjoyed them, and I especially enjoyed the old commercials and advertisements.
We used to go here all the time. I think it is my mom's fave TS in DHS. But we haven't been in awhile.

I had yet to get one of my WS faves this trip and no way was I leaving without it, so first up was a stop in Norway for my beloved schoolbread:

img_7260-jpg.295925
Blech...you know my feelings on this. I will say that I have changed my mind about several snacks at WDW - cronut and puffed french toast, anyone? - and I have now decided I may need to try the Tonga Toast, but I will never, ever change my mind about tise coconut infested thing. HAHA

More kakigori!
Perfect for a summer day. Will need to remember this!

and then just like that, our trip was over.
Boo hoo! Though I am sure the sadness doesn't last too long when you can start planning your next trip!

Finally we found out that the plane coming for us from JFK had major problems so they were "looking for" another plane to come get us......I can't make this up. So comforting, right? I mean I'm glad they weren't sending a plane with issues but, you can't FIND ONE FOR US? Where are your planes, people?????
What the what???? Craziness!

but I'm not in a position to run out of the restroom when I hear on the announcements, " JetBlue flight ......to Hartford we have a plane for you! You are boarding now, attention you are boarding now!!"
WHAT?????
HAHAHA

We went from 8:30, to 9:30, to 11 to midnight to like 8:25! Oh I was thrilled, and I ran!!!!! And that's my story :snooty:
Glad it worked out. I think if we flew I might decide to take an Uber to the airport, just to avoid the tragical express.

Hi guys! My kids got out early today because we're supposed to get 8" of snow tomorrow. You read that right, they had early dismissal TODAY, because it was flurrying barely at all and we're supposed to have 8" starting at midnight tonight into tomorrow afternoon.
Hope you survived all the snow. We just got a dusting, but they still let school out early and then went late the next day. We have a new superintendent who seems to be in the habit of calling the school day if he even sees a flake.

img_7888-jpg.295873

I took them with my phone and unfortunately most are blurry, sorry!
Awesome. Congratulations Ricky!!! Now is this an honor society for people of Italian descent or one for taking Italian classes????:confused3

Watching the show had put us very close to our lunch ADR time; in fact we got there about 4 minutes late which is pretty early for how I run but puts Chris and Steve on edge.
You and I definitely run on the same timelines. Late is early and early is never needed :-)

img_7251-jpg.295921

Believe me, as cold as it was in there I'm pretty sure most headlights were definitely on!
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Since it was the "wine and cheese" hour(s) we may have had some more snacks..........and then just like that, our trip was over.
NO!!! It can't be over already. I know you started this a while ago but it really did seem to fly by.

WHAT?????
We went from 8:30, to 9:30, to 11 to midnight to like 8:25! Oh I was thrilled, and I ran!!!!! And that's my story :snooty:
That is crazy!!!!! Imagine if you were at home and saw it was delayed and waited to get to the airport? I'm glad it took off for your sake, but there may have been some ticked of locals.

img_7888-jpg.295873

I took them with my phone and unfortunately most are blurry, sorry! Those things they're holding are candles. After all the kids got their certificates they lit each other's candles, much to the horror of Ricky and his friend Frank (standing next to him in the matching clothes :laughing:) Frank made his dad switch ties with him when he saw Ricky so at least they weren't both wearing bowties! Ricky whined a bit about agreeing to the whole thing but we told him how good it'll look on his college applications so he said since Frank was doing it, he would. Whatever it takes! The ceremony was actually really nice and the best part was all the Italian food and pastries afterward.
Way to go Ricky! But seriously the cute girl on the other side of him wasn't enough motivation?

img_7235-jpg.295918

Not sure why Chris is making that face, maybe it's a "Oh no my battery is dying, whatever will I do then??"
Chris's face is hilarious! He is def not happy with whatever he is looking at.

I do know some of these old school guys, though! I know, some of you are laughing and others have seriously decided not to be my DISfriend anymore:
I will keep you as a DisFriend, even though it is in my board name! Ha. But honestly, I am the least into Star Wars in our house!

JetBlue flight ......to Hartford we have a plane for you! You are boarding now, attention you are boarding now!!"
WHAT?????
OMG!!!! What?!!? That is craziness. Seriously, you know there are people that missed that flight because of all of that. Thank Goodness you were already there and through security!

I keep up with them on that Disney purse group I added you to
Wait there is a Disney Purse Group!?!?

Btw, apparently the D&Bs are showing up at the outlets a lot lately (fyi: @StarWarsMomofGirls!)
Thanks for the heads up @ArielSRL! I do want one eventually. I was debating the new Star Wars Print but I think there was one face on the print that was throwing me off. I want to check them out when we are there in Feb. for sure!

Yes, I'm laughing at you. I shouldn't but I just grew up a Star Wars fan so I can't even comprehend this sentence!
ditto!

Wait there is a Disney Purse Group!?!?
Yes! I think there are probably more than one. But I belong to one. I will add you if you want me to!

Thanks for the heads up @ArielSRL! I do want one eventually. I was debating the new Star Wars Print but I think there was one face on the print that was throwing me off. I want to check them out when we are there in Feb. for sure!
I thought you might want to see....and then you can let me know what they have! LOL

Ricky was inducted into the Italian Honor Society at school, or as us real Italians call it-
"LA SOCIETA"

Awesome! Congrats!

Not sure why Chris is making that face, maybe it's a "Oh no my battery is dying, whatever will I do then??"

My DD would be in TEARS! :rotfl:

Still funny the second time…and yes, I read your reports out of order :crazy2:

first up was a stop in Norway for my beloved schoolbread:

img_7260-jpg.295925

I need to try this and yet, I keep forgetting about it :sad2:

we sat in the club lounge for a little while. Since it was the "wine and cheese" hour(s) we may have had some more snacks

That's a nice way to spend the last bit of time. I usually end up by the pool.

then just like that, our trip was over.
\

:sad: Makes me sad just reading those words!

I remember them advertising this and I like the actors (the guy from Justified, I think, and Drew Barrymore, right?) so I should watch this sometime.
Yup! Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant (whose name I may have spelled wrong lol). I think the 2nd season starts soon, watch the first :thumbsup2

I should remember this as an option. This year I got us 2 from the Shop Parks App, or maybe it was the Shop Disney site, but it would be cooler to be able to pick one out from the parks or DS. Of course, we will be there two times this year, so do I wait? Or just get one from each trip?
lol I would get one each trip! Sometimes I've found new ones on later trips in the same year than I saw on our "first" trip of the year. I do prefer going to the Christmas store in DS since their selection is bigger but it's so much more fun buying the ornament there than online! Plus you can get them personalized.

I do love that! And I'm surprised but I have never seen it. I keep up with them on that Disney purse group I added you to.
I don't post there but I look at it, and I haven't seen it there, either!

Btw, apparently the D&Bs are showing up at the outlets a lot lately (fyi: @StarWarsMomofGirls!) so I will be making a trip in June.
Cathy and I plan to go NEXT WEEKEND :cheer2:and I would love to get a deal on a new D&B

I did start carrying it today but its a tad smaller than my D&B tote, so I will probably go back to it soon. I'm like a boy scout, so I carry everything plus the kitchen sink in my purse...lol.
This bag is HUGE! And I can fill it lol. Problem is I can't find anything because I never put stuff back in the same place :laughing:

We will be checking it out from Top of the World Lounge in June. Cannot wait for that new experience!
So exciting! I've heard it's awesome up there.
Nope...no way you are getting that title away from me! :rotfl2:
:rotfl:Well it's going to be a three way fight between you, me, and @Tracy161 !

I've heard they auction stuff off, but I don't know where and sometimes I wonder if that is true because I think they re-purpose a lot of stuff. Like some of the stuff at the new WL pool is from the backlot tour.

I am a fairly big fan but I don't even watch the stage show.
Is it because you find it boring? I know in some SW fan's TR I read that they thought it was boring.............

Glad it worked out. I think if we flew I might decide to take an Uber to the airport, just to avoid the tragical express.
We would have been Ubering back to MCO if they were still doing the pick up 4 hours before departure :sad2: Glad it's back to 3 hours. It's depressing but on the other hand you get to watch Disney videos so at least you can kind of feel like the trip isn't over till the minute you pull up to the airport :sad:

Awesome. Congratulations Ricky!!! Now is this an honor society for people of Italian descent or one for taking Italian classes????:confused3
Thanks! It's for students that are taking Italian as their foreign language and keep a 90 or above. However if you read the program form the Induction ceremony it reads like a Maffia Membership Roster :laughing: With like one Miller and last name ending in "ski" thrown in.

You and I definitely run on the same timelines. Late is early and early is never needed :-)
I give myself a grace period similar to the Disney FP one: not the 5 minutes before part, but the 15 minutes late part :thumbsup2

That is crazy!!!!! Imagine if you were at home and saw it was delayed and waited to get to the airport? I'm glad it took off for your sake, but there may have been some ticked of locals.
I hadn't even thought about it happening that way but yeah really!

Way to go Ricky! But seriously the cute girl on the other side of him wasn't enough motivation?
Isn't she adorable :goodvibes She actually went to pre-school with Ricky, was "weird" then (when they were 3 and 4 :rolleyes:) so Ricky has written her off.............

Chris's face is hilarious! He is def not happy with whatever he is looking at.
He's never happy so the look is nothing new!

I will keep you as a DisFriend, even though it is in my board name! Ha. But honestly, I am the least into Star Wars in our house!
lol thanks :worship:

I'm right along there with ya sister.
I had so many friends growing up whose brothers collected the figurines and would have the movies on when I was at there houses, but it never caught on with me :confused3

Awesome! Congrats!
:thanks:

My DD would be in TEARS! :rotfl:
Right? There have been times we're in the car on our way to dinner at a restaurant and one of the boys will yell "I forgot my phone, WE NEED TO GO BACK!!!!" No way man, you'll have to talk to us the way we had to talk to our parents years ago!

I need to try this and yet, I keep forgetting about it :sad2:
Make it a point on your next trip!

Is it because you find it boring? I know in some SW fan's TR I read that they thought it was boring.............
Yeh...I think the stage sow would be kind of boring. The March might be cool though, but we haven't seen that either. I'll be honest, I don't watch a ton of shows at Disney. Probably because up until now, we don't go enough to do the "stop and smell the roses" stuff. But now, owning DVC and having a DH that really loves it, and planning so many trips, that may change somewhat.

Yeh...I think the stage sow would be kind of boring. The March might be cool though, but we haven't seen that either. I'll be honest, I don't watch a ton of shows at Disney. Probably because up until now, we don't go enough to do the "stop and smell the roses" stuff. But now, owning DVC and having a DH that really loves it, and planning so many trips, that may change somewhat.

I really think your boys would love the march! We all love stopping to watch it and as you know - not SW fans. It's just THAT cool. And it really doesn't take long! As for other shows I get what you're saying about not going often enough to spend time in shows, and I know your next 2 visits don't include tons of park time. But honestly, so many of the shows are soooo good. And will be new experiences! I highly suggest putting some into your touring plans, maybe even one or two for Oct. :)

I highly suggest putting some into your touring plans, maybe even one or two for Oct. :)
Yeh, I am trying to decide what our focus will really be in October. Especially for the party night. Do we want to check out more of the Halloween offerings or just do the attractions? If it was just Dh and I, I'd say the Halloween offerings. If it was just the 4 of us, I'd probably still focus on some of the Halloween offerings. But most likely, my step son and girlfriend will be there and they never go to Disney. Also, my MIL might be joining too. So who even knows what this trip will turn into. LOL

Putting This Thing To Bed (Maybe)

I promised I'd come back and do a wrap up, and I'm back! A few days before I leave for my next Disney quickie :P Here's a little rundown of how that'll go:

LEAVE: Friday, Feb. 2nd, arriving MCO approx. 1:20
-Drop carryon at CSR and meet Cathy at MK! Use a few FP's and then go over to
-Epcot, to check out the Festival of the Arts! Very excited about this even though it doesn't get the reviews that F&G and F&W get. Still cool to experience something new! Plus, food and drink booths :thumbsup2
-Original plan was to stay here for the rest of the night but our boss mentioned getting all the TA's who are going to be in WDW together at Jellyrolls, and if that happens we'll be there! Cathy also wants to hit the big character warehouse and they're open till 11 so this may happen later at night. Who knows? We're rebels!
SATURDAY, FEB, 3RD
-HS in the morning for 2 FP's: RnRC and TOT. Cathy has never been on TOT but last year at the Universal training I got her on Dr. Doom's Fearfall which sucks, and made her promise if we're ever in HS together she's go on TOT with me. It's happening.
-AK for some Tiffins dinner
:banana:and I'm hoping for an EE after dark FP. Also want to catch the TOL awakenings, and if we didn't go to the Character Warehouse Friday night we'll go tonight.
SUNDAY, FEB. 4TH
-We have to be over to Cabana Bay to check in by 12:30 and we don't eat until 5:30, so we'll definitely eat before we leave WDW. If we didn't get to the Character Warehouse yet we'll go there (do you get that Cathy really wants to go lol) but if we did, we may make a last minute breakfast ADR somewhere. Cathy's never even been to WL - the HORROR! - so maybe WCC.

And now a quick overview of our itinerary for Sunday-Tuesday at Universal!!!

I said we have to check in at Cabana Bay which is where we stayed last year, but this year I'm excited that we're staying here:

sapphire falls.jpg

We toured this resort last year and I thought it was very pretty, although I did enjoy staying at CBBR. So first we'll drip our luggage here, check in at CBBR, meet up with the other 70 agents and then begin our resort tours! The only resort we didn't tour last year was HRH so hoping we do that one this year. For dinner we just know it's "in park"; but we know we're joining in the Mardi Gras festivities at Universal Studios again by riding the floats!!! Myself, Cathy and one other agent who did the training last year, Pam, rode on the Phoenix float last year and it was the highlight of the training:

phoenix float.jpg

Not us on the float - thanks google images! I kind of want to ride the Phoenix again this year since Ricky has a good friend by that name and I love it, but I'd also like to ride a different one. Either way I'll be happy because I'll be throwing beads at peoples' heads again.

The next morning, Monday the 5th, we have breakfast at Sapphire Falls here:

amatista.jpg

Not sure if I'm excited about this or not. Usually I'm just excited over food, but @Raeven and her BF Josh didn't love their breakfast there so.....IDK. Normally I'm just excited about food lol, but to be honest the food they fed us at the training last year wasn't that good with the exception of Anjhitos. Therefore I'm not expecting much but we're also eating breakfast here on Tuesday so hopefully it's not that bad. We then have some "training" which includes touring this place:

volcano bay.jpg

Besides riding the float I'm super duper excited about this, especially since I don't like water parks :laughing: BUT, I've never been to either Disney water park so it'll be something completely new to me, and while I was there for training last year it wasn't open yet. After that we have free park time so I'll make someone ride the Hulk and Rip Ride Rocket with me as well as watch the Horror Makeup Show before we get together again as a huge group for dinner at Citywalk. Where you ask?

:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3

We'll be split into groups and go to our "assigned" restaurants. All I know is 1. my restaurant better be good and 2. my restaurant better be good. I understand why they have to do it this way, there are 72 of us going and that's too many for one restaurant unless they close it which Universal won't do. And I much rather eat at a restaurant with the regular menu than have them do a dinner buffet in a conference room somewhere; they did that last year and we had PINK chicken marsala with BROWN sauce. Not light taupe/tannish sauce, poop brown sauce. Nah-ah.
Tuesday morning the 6th is simply breakfast again at Amatista and a couple hours "training" until 11. I leave at 1:52 unless it snows up here in NY and Cathy and I are forced to spend an extra day in Florida like we were last year :charac2:I'm sure it won't happen 2 years in a row, but we're both packing extra clothes JUST in case................................
So there's my extremely long rundown of my quickie trip! Now to wrap up our August trip; we had fun. Bye.

I'm so funny! No but we did. It's so hot in August but now that we've gone a few times, we're used to it and we enjoy it. We know what we can do and what we don't want to do and we'll keep doing August until we don't. I was happy to introduce the kids to my WL and am happier still that we're returning in March; well to CCV but hey, same thing. As much as it's hard for me to do things other than the parks I'm also really glad we tried Splitsville and we'll be returning - in March! We all enjoyed it not only as a break from the heat but as something new, something to do as a family and something to keep our Disney trips "fresh".

Pirates and Pals is something else I'm glad we did because it's been in the back of my mind for awhile. I wouldn't do it again with just my boys since they're older although I'm not saying it's not good for older kids or adults alone. I LOVED seeing HEA from the water but that might be because I'm not a fan of the projections, which you couldn't make out well at all from out there.

And now, Club Level :scratchin I said this in my dining report; I liked it, I'm glad we did it. Steve loved it and wants to do it over and over and over and over and when we told Chris we were going back again in March he asked if we were staying Club Level again. When I told him no he was quite disappointed. I loved my nightly chocolates as part of turn down service and that feeling of being just a little bit special when taking the elevator to the 7th floor lol. And it was nice at first to have the breakfast options when we were trying to get out early. Bottom line though, I felt like I should have planned to be back at the resort more often to take advantage of the club offerings. I kind of worked it into our schedule a couple times but since we like eating our TS meals and even with breaks this trip, don't particularly spend lots of time at the resort, I felt like it was wasted on us. The price was right so I totally don't regret it and if the price was right again I'd do it for Steve but I'm fine NOT doing it. Some people I know do it every trip and that's great! Yay! If it fits your budget and vacation style, why not? I personally feel it would work better if our kids were younger and/or we were spending more time at the resort. I love the idea of being there at night for the desserts and drinks and just chilling, but I also love being out and about at night. If you haven't tried CL but have a hankerin' to, give it a whirl if you get a chance and see for yourself! I did think the WL in particular was great, a nice variety of offerings and a clean, spacious lounge with nice CM's.

Well this went way longer than I thought it would! Thank you all for reading and commenting. I leave Friday for my trip as long as the predicted snow shower don't ruin anything, and I think when I get back I'll come and do one more update with our March plans because I just can't stay away :dancer:

A few days before I leave for my next Disney quickie :P

:eek: :blush:

:laughing:

Original plan was to stay here for the rest of the night but our boss mentioned getting all the TA's who are going to be in WDW together at Jellyrolls, and if that happens we'll be there!

Oooh, I wanna try this sometime! I'm thinking we'll go for our anniversary trip in August.

Cathy also wants to hit the big character warehouse and they're open till 11 so this may happen later at night.

Which one is the big one now? The one on Vineland or the one on I-Drive? I feel like I heard/read somewhere that I-Dr used to be big and then it got shrunk and now Vineland is the better one? I dunno!! :confused3 Anyway, I went to the one on Vineland Ave last May and I wasn't impressed at all. But I think it probably depends A LOT on when you're there whether it happens to be better or worse selection. There was lots of clothing (a LOT of cruise stuff, but some other stuff, too,) but I wasn't shopping for clothes so I didn't find much.

They also had cool Star Wars Dooneys half off...but I don't like SW, and Nathan doesn't carry handbags...sooo... :laughing:
AK for some Tiffins dinner :banana:

OMG yum!! Excellent decision!

but we know we're joining in the Mardi Gras festivities at Universal Studios again by riding the floats!!! Myself, Cathy and one other agent who did the training last year, Pam, rode on the Phoenix float last year and it was the highlight of the training:

This is SOO cool! I still can't believe you did this!

Besides riding the float I'm super duper excited about this, especially since I don't like water parks :laughing: BUT, I've never been to either Disney water park so it'll be something completely new to me, and while I was there for training last year it wasn't open yet.

Oh yay! I'm not waterpark people. I've come to admit it. But I'd really like to see this one. I'm actually pretty surprised you've never been to a Disney waterpark.

All I know is 1. my restaurant better be good and 2. my restaurant better be good.

I'm so funny!

So funny! I can't even contain my laughter! :rotfl2:(<-- this is me)

I kind of worked it into our schedule a couple times but since we like eating our TS meals and even with breaks this trip, don't particularly spend lots of time at the resort, I felt like it was wasted on us. The price was right so I totally don't regret it and if the price was right again I'd do it for Steve but I'm fine NOT doing it.

I think we'd feel the same! I love to eat at good TS places and be in the parks. Though we do like our afternoon breaks. And Nathan loves the pampered all-inclusive kinda feel, so I feel like he might be kinda like Steve on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter