Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

Just posted over on your dining review but wanted to say I love all your pictures with your DIS meets.
I’m so happy we get a chance to meet up you and your family again in March :goodvibes

Last edited:
Do not ask what I'm doing in this picture; all I know is Casey told us to pose, and apparently at 46 this is how I pose.
This picture is the most amazing thing, omg. So glad to hear you had so many amazing Dismeets, they're the best, aren't they?! :goodvibes

Saw your updated about Ricky on FB...so sweet! Glad he's doing better.

Love all of the DISMEET photos...maybe one day I will meet others here, but I have a hard enough time meeting the friends I know who LIVE in Florida when I'm there!

Can't wait to read more. Hoping I'll get my October TR updates done at least before we leave on our next trip...in just over THREE WEEKS! EEEK!

I'm glad your son's surgery went well! It sounds like you had a whirlwind of a time (in a good way!). Can't wait to read more!

Love that pictures with @kastoney and Casey at dinner, hope dinner was great, it sure looked like it!
We had lots of fun! The food was great as always BUT, we didn't have our favorite server Rony. He was there but didn't have any open
tables, and we ran late anyway thanks to............well, I'll get to that story in my dining report :rolleyes1 So not having him did make quite a difference as far as Steve and I are concerned, but at least he came over, said hi and gave us hugs!

And yay for Ricky's surgery going well, hope for a speedy recovery! His friends are so awesome! I'd love a pizza when I'm down, lol. Actually I could take pizza anytime...
He's getting there, little by little each day but still no school. His friends are great kids :goodvibes LOL I'll take a (NY) pizza anytime, too!

Those pictures are fabulous! Looks like y'all had a great time!
We did, and I'm so glad we got to meet!

I hope the worst is over for Ricky.
Thank you :hug: Pain-wise I think it is, although the physical therapy will not be easy when he starts. But he's tough so he'll power through!

Sounds like you had a great trip. You look like you’re doing the sprinkler in the Citrico’s pic. :P
:rotfl2: Well at least that gives what I'm doing an explanation!

So thankful the surgery went well. Very cool his friends wanted to stop by.
These guys are awesome. Five from the basketball team and two who played last year and didn't make it this year. They stayed for SIX hours lol, and for kids who are extremely active that's a long time to sit. They played football and basketball on PS4 and were going nuts, laughing and yelling, it was so great to hear; Ricky was still in some pain but they cheered him up so much. Then yesterday two more came over for a couple hours after school :goodvibes

Well the phrase originated in weight lifting, but it applies to surgery and physical therapy also...no pain no gain. As much as I hate it for him and for you to see, the pain is part of the making it better process and from your descriptions, he can do it.
Very true. When he goes back to p/t we know that's going to be tough; but so is he and yup, he'll do what needs to be done and won't give up. These first few days after the surgery are just hard also but the good thing is we know it's all uphill from here and he has a goal to work towards :thumbsup2

ell him to put on his ride face. ;)
lol I like that!

I hope Ricky's knee heals quickly. It sounds like he has a great group of friends. :)
Thank you and he does, he's very lucky!

Those pics are great!!!!!
:thanks: I'm glad you're in one!

I am so glad Ricky's surgery is behind you now and sending you lots of well wishes for a smooth recovery. That was so sweet of his teammates - I hope he is up to pizza and hanging out very very soon!
They all came over and he had a great time! Really cheered him up and meant a lot :)

hate that we miss all of your Disney trips by just days or weeks :sad: I guess that just leaves me something to look forward to in future! All of your dismeets look like lots of fun! Can't wait to hear about them.
I know, but like I said to Ashley @vernie, you guys live so close you should just make it a point to go when I'm down there :laughing:

Saw your updated about Ricky on FB...so sweet! Glad he's doing better.
Thank you :hug:

Love all of the DISMEET photos...maybe one day I will meet others here, but I have a hard enough time meeting the friends I know who LIVE in Florida when I'm there!
lol, it does take coordination! And sometimes it doesn't work out but it's always worth trying!

Hoping I'll get my October TR updates done at least before we leave on our next trip...in just over THREE WEEKS! EEEK!
Whee! So happy you guys are going back again!

I'm glad your son's surgery went well! It sounds like you had a whirlwind of a time (in a good way!). Can't wait to read more!
Thank you, the surgery did go very well and now we just deal with recovery. And our trip was fun :) I need to get over to your PTR, you guys must all be getting excited as your trip gets closer!

Hi there everyone, we're back from our quick Nov. trip AND, Ricky had his surgery yesterday. It went perfectly and yesterday when we got home he was comfortable and not in much pain; unfortunately when the nerve blocks in his knee wore off early this morning, severe pain set in. It was really tough today seeing a kid with a very high pain tolerance in SO much pain, but now it's a bit better and we know today and tomorrow will be the hardest days. A couple of his friends wanted to surprise him today and stop by but I told them as sweet as that was (it truly warmed my heart) he just wasn't up to it; but tomorrow 5 of his basketball friends are planning on bringing pizza over in the afternoon, so we're hoping Ricky can get out of bed and move to his man cave downstairs to hang for a bit. Thank you everyone for your kind words before his surgery!

I'm so glad to hear Ricky is out of surgery and recovering! I can only imagine how difficult it has been for him with the pain, and for you and Steve having to watch him go through it. I hope every day gets a little better and he's back to himself soon.

However I do want to share these pictures from our Nov. trip with you:

DISMEET #1 with Kelly @buzzrelly at the Poly!

DISMEET #2 with Su-Lynn and Steve @chunkymonkey at Epcot!DISMEET #3 with Jenny @Jenny Sanders at Mizners! Hoping to meet up again with her and her DH Joe on our March trip!
DISMEET #4 with Kari @kastoney!
DISMEET #5 with the entire Family Stone at Citricos @kastoney!

Amazing!! Look at all the awesome meets you had!! You should definitely a least share some of this trip in some form of TR-ing.

I was really bummed I narrowly missed Ashley @Vernie822 and Ashley @ashw100, and I do hope we can meet on a future trip!

Sounds like a future Ashley's-only-Dismeet-trip is in order.

Thank you :hug: and I know you're busy but it's always nice to have you here. His surgery was yesterday, luckily it went great but today isn't so good :( Tons of pain once the nerve blocks wore off and hard to see him that way, but he'll get through. Should be the worst day pain-wise I hope!

I’m sure it’s hard to see your baby in so much pain - can’t imagine! I’m glad he’s on the mend and hope he gets to feeling as close to normal as he can as soon as possible..

I'm happy I make you laugh! I went over to your DL TR about a week ago or so? But no new posts since I was last there so I'm trying my best to keep up :goodvibes

Nope, no new posts there for a long time either. When I fall off the face of the earth, I do it all the way. ;) But I did post 2 updates this past weekend, so I’m trying to get back into things.

Nov. trip was really good, I'll do a little recap here. Excited about March! The boys haven't been in March but Steve and I went on our first adults only trip in March 2015. That week happened to be extra chilly but otherwise the weather is supposed to be nice so I'm looking forward to that.

The weather is one of the main reasons I loved March so much. It was perfect! We are planning on July next year, so pretty much the opposite. :crazy2:

Love all your dismeet pics!

Love the P&P review! We've looked into the dessert parties for future trips but now I'm wondering if the P&P might be better for our two boys. Dallas would probably love it now but Griffin probably wouldn't for a few more years.

So I'm trying to decide if I should interrupt this August TR more and do a quickie Nov. report now while stuff is fresh in my mind, or continue with August and then do Nov. Part of me wants to continue August for......well continuity's sake, but that's getting kind of old in my mind and then by the time I do get to Nov. I'll be forgetting that, too! So after another 2 minutes consideration I've come to a decision-------------

SHORT BUT SWEET NOVEMBER F&W TR, PART ONE!
(we'll all be nice and lost by the time I get back to August)

I will really try to make this short so I won't go into as much detail as a regular TR. But I'll still give good info :thumbsup2
PART ONE
NOVEMBER 4TH, ARRIVAL DAY

We arrived at MCO approx. 6pm and decided to take a taxi rather than ME. This made me sad because I love taking ME, it's really gets me into the Disney mood! Of course I'm always in the Disney mood but ME makes me giddy. However, after many great ME experiences our last 3 or 4 have had us sitting on the bus for at least 30 minutes before pulling out and this makes Steve very, very :furious: so a taxi it would be.
And considering we were in front of our resort at 7pm, I think it was a good move!
Our resort for our first night was the Poly because I couldn't get our other resort for all nights under my TA rate. OK, I'll suffer through the Poly for a few hours! We were in Tuvalu with a nice MK view which I didn't get good pictures of:

IMG_7440.JPG

and we had the boat dock and a bungalow out there, too:

IMG_7481.JPG

We quickly dropped our bags as two things were on our agenda: food and a DISMeet!
I already posted the picture but I'm posting it again. we went to the lobby to meet Kelly and her DH Mike @buzzrelly. They were a few hours off of running one of the races which I can't remember the name of because I'm #notarunner, and we were a few hours off of a car ride to a plane ride to a taxi ride, but I think we both still look fabulous:

IMG_7446.JPG

Complete with tiki man's hiney. We had a lovely time talking and I know Steve and I would have enjoyed spending some more time with them, but we all were starving and they had a longer race to run early in the morning and needed to catch some zzzzzz's. Off to the Contempo Cafe they went while we went to Tambu Lounge for drinks and eats. We also did some window shopping in the Poly shops: hi Santa Stitch!

IMG_7454.JPG

I have quite a few Disney plush in holiday attire that I put out for Christmas and I wanted to buy a couple more down there but suitcase room was limited since we only did carry-on this time. Guess I'll have to get online and do some shopping there!

After that it was kind of boring, took the monorail to MK GS so I could pick up my TA ticket. It's a great perk but you can't get it ahead of time nor make FP's so I had to get GS to add me to Steve's. They could only do this on a couple so they gave me "anytime" FP's for the ones they couldn't add me to, which were basically any that had no availability left. Then back to the resort and to bed.
In the morning we headed to the GCH to give our bags to bell services so they could transfer them to our next resort and I snapped a couple pics on the way:

IMG_7486.JPG

The back of the slide at the volcano pool:

IMG_7485.JPG

Oh and this was another view from our room when looking down, I thought it was calm and pretty:

IMG_7482.JPG

We were going to MK for a little while because what better way to start your morning?? This sign was up by the monorail in case anyone is interested:

IMG_7487.JPG

Um, and if you can read it. Sorry, thought it would be bigger since my pics are usually gigantor on here!
I'll stop here and post the rest of our first full park day in another post. But I do promise to keep this little side TR short!

I think we both still look fabulous:

img_7446-jpg.283379

I have to agree!

hi Santa Stitch!

img_7454-jpg.283559

So cute!!

It's a great perk but you can't get it ahead of time nor make FP's so I had to get GS to add me to Steve's. They could only do this on a couple so they gave me "anytime" FP's for the ones they couldn't add me to, which were basically any that had no availability left.

I'm glad to hear they came through on your FPs!

Off to a great start with your mini report. The Poly is perfect for getting into the Disney spirit, IMO. And yes, we’ll all be lost by the time you get back to August, but such is life. ;)

I'm so glad to hear Ricky is out of surgery and recovering! I can only imagine how difficult it has been for him with the pain, and for you and Steve having to watch him go through it. I hope every day gets a little better and he's back to himself soon.
Thank you :hug: He went back to school today for half a day, so he's getting there slowly but surely.

Amazing!! Look at all the awesome meets you had!! You should definitely a least share some of this trip in some form of TR-ing.
Well..............ok lol!!

I’m glad he’s on the mend and hope he gets to feeling as close to normal as he can as soon as possible..
:thanks: It's going to be awhile until he's totally back to himself, but with all the support from his friends and his coaches I think it'll happen sooner rather than later :)

But I did post 2 updates this past weekend, so I’m trying to get back into things.
Oh cool, I'll have to get over there!

Love the P&P review! We've looked into the dessert parties for future trips but now I'm wondering if the P&P might be better for our two boys. Dallas would probably love it now but Griffin probably wouldn't for a few more years.
I think with younger boys the P&P is definitely better than the dessert parties. At P&P, besides eating there's things for them to do: interact with Smee and Hook, dance to the music, lots of space to move around. Then on the boat there's the singing and really, just being on the boat is different! At the dessert parties there isn't as much room to move and not much else to do besides eat and wait for the fireworks.

Thank you :hug: He went back to school today for half a day, so he's getting there slowly but surely.
That's very cool...good to hear he's able to do that so quickly.

:thanks: It's going to be awhile until he's totally back to himself, but with all the support from his friends and his coaches I think it'll happen sooner rather than later :)
Hopefully the above will be an indicator it will be sooner than later.

Great start to your November trip, we stayed in Tuvalu a few years ago and really loved it. Looks like you had some fun dis meets as well. Yippee for that. just saw on FB now ME will be bringing us to the airport 4 hours before flights now starting today ugh!

lol! This was our first time back since August, but even though you haven't been back to WDW you are ALL over the place traveling! Jealous!

Yes that is true, I can't really complain about not travelling...but...still wish there was more Disney involved lol

but tomorrow 5 of his basketball friends are planning on bringing pizza over in the afternoon,

That is so awesome that his friends will do that. I'm sure it will cheer him up.

DISMEET #2 with Su-Lynn and Steve @chunkymonkey at Epcot!

That is the best! You had so many fun looking DisMeets!! And food and wine too...so much fun! Looking forward to sharing in the rest...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter