Where are all the Pin Trading Board opportunities at WDW?

DJ!

Mouseketeer
I haven't been to WDW in the past 4 years and I need a little update on what is going on in terms of pin trading around the WDW resort. I know that there used to be a pin trading book at each of the park's guest services buildings. I seem to remember that there were CMs at various places that had themed pin boards that guests could make trades off of as well. Do they still do that and if so, where? TIA

going off memory from my last trip in Sept...Pop and AOA have boards that they put out in the lobby/gift shop area but only at a specific time during the day. Alot of the deluxes have moved from boards to books. Cant speak for the moderates as havent stayed there in years. Emporium on main street has a board from what I hear. AK has the trashcan with pins they roll out usually in the first few hrs the park is open, Ive seen it by the main entrance and by the tree of life. Mouse gear in epcot has a board still I think, as does the african outpost area. There are more, these are just the ones I can remember!

Just about any gift shop wherever it may be should have a board if you ask. It may not be in plain sight, but they should have one (DL does anyway).

And some of the various workers around the park where the lanyards. Any lanyard wearing CM will trade you for whatever you want. We have seen these people just walking around or seating people at restaurants. They're all over. Just keep your eyes peeled.

We haven't been for 2 years, but last time to superhero store in downtown disney had a pin shield, and near the buses we saw a board set up. Animal kingdom had a little tree set up outside at one of the gifts shops.

Haven't been i a few years myself and we love pin trading with CMs so I am interested in places too. Thanks for the post OP

From our early june visit:
Contemporary- Fantasia Gifts - just ask at the register for the trading board.
Contemporary Market - far end of the 4th floor concourse - have a hat with pins
Did not do this but was told at the AKL that there is supposedly a gentleman King Pin that comes Monday - Friday at about 2pm. Check in the Gift shop in Jambo
Most concierge desks have a book or bag.
Mouse Gears has a board that comes out but only at certain times
Pin Traders in Disney Springs - cast members and then a some point during the day - completely random and not announces they do have a pin trading opportunity - in all our years I have only seen this open once.
The Guest relations desks in all the parks have pins but you do have to wait in line which can be considerably long
MK - Frontierland Trading Post - have a board at the register
TTC - the gift shop has a board
EPCOT: stroller rental used to have one - didn't check it this time
DHS: Guest relations and Package pickup
AK: Not sure they have the tree anymore -that was before they redid the store but can ask at the register near where they sell the pins in
AK: The gift shop before you enter the park by rainforest cafe had a vest or a board
Just keep an eye out to all cast members with Lanyards

I know there are more but can't think of them now. Happy trading!

Contemporary- Fantasia Gifts - just ask at the register for the trading board.
Contemporary Market - far end of the 4th floor concourse - have a hat with pins
Did not do this but was told at the AKL that there is supposedly a gentleman King Pin that comes Monday - Friday at about 2pm. Check in the Gift shop in Jambo
Most concierge desks have a book or bag.
Mouse Gears has a board that comes out but only at certain times
Pin Traders in Disney Springs - cast members and then a some point during the day - completely random and not announces they do have a pin trading opportunity - in all our years I have only seen this open once.
The Guest relations desks in all the parks have pins but you do have to wait in line which can be considerably long
MK - Frontierland Trading Post - have a board at the register
TTC - the gift shop has a board
EPCOT: stroller rental used to have one - didn't check it this time
DHS: Guest relations and Package pickup
AK: Not sure they have the tree anymore -that was before they redid the store but can ask at the register near where they sell the pins in
AK: The gift shop before you enter the park by rainforest cafe had a vest or a board
Just keep an eye out to all cast members with Lanyards

In addition to these places listed by ppjluvsdvc there was also when I was there at the end of April:

OKW- Conch Flats behind the cash register nearer to Olivia's and at the Hospitality House check-in desk
POLY- A pin board in the gift shop is brought out at 5pm until 5:30p
SSR- Pin board on Tuesdays from 12:30 – 1:15pm at the second Lobby between Artist’s Palette and the Main Check in Area (where the DVC and DCL people are). Also in Artist’s Palette there is a board behind the left register in which you can ask to see it anytime from noon to 8pm.
BW- Second floor small gift shop has a 12 & Under pin board that can be seen upon request and the gift shop on the Boardwalk has a pin board upon request.

Also I think that the Screen Door in BW has a board, at the register in the gift shop part of the store.

Just a warning, I just took the time to do a careful examination of all the pins I traded for off of CM lanyards and boards back in January 2017. I was very careful when I traded to avoid obvious fakes and scrappers, and obviously was taking a lot more time than anyone else I saw trading to do that, even returning several to cast members when I had them and could tell by holding them they were fake. I am not kidding you that almost literally every single pin I traded for (10 out of 11) was fake or a scrapper. I would bet that 98% of the pins that cast members are trading are fakes. It is really unbelievably sad and sucks the fun out of it. I traded for all authentic pins I took out of sealed authentic park bags. I'm going to have to turn them into magnets since I won't put fakes back into circulation. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!