When were you completely AWED by something at Disney?

ALK$Disney

Mouseketeer
So there is a thread on here that discuses what left you underwhelmed at Disney. Thought that I would start a thread that is a bit more positive. This way people can look forward to new ideas that they may not know.

I will get things started -

For us, it was eating lunch at Sanaa last April. We visited AKL last April and stumbled onto Sanaa, we had never heard of the place. We like Indian food, so we decided to tried it out. WOW!! We were totally blown away by the food, environment, and service. We choose to stay at AKL next month just so we can be close to Sanaa.

It's hard to put my finger on just one thing. The last time was the 1st time I took the Magical Express. It's such a simple thing but I always had to be the driver when I would travel with friends or family since I had been there so many times. The ease of the whole process was just amazing. From note having to pick up my luggage to being able to sit back and relax and take in the sites on the way to the resort. Simply wonderful.

The very first time I saw the castle I was awed. It was so beautiful there in the sunshine, and I couldn't stop looking at it. I still get a little thrill when I first round Town Square and see it for the first time on a trip.:cloud9:

Over the years I've had more than a few awe moments at Disney World.
But... Turning the corner and walking into The Streets of America all decked out in the Osborne Family Christmas Lights for the first time literally took my breath away. It was visually stunning & after I gasped, I was completely caught up in the awesomeness of the moment.
Simply stunning.

As simple as it sounds, the characters! I was quite nervous to meet them so I stumbled over my words and acted strange a lot but they carried on and made the whole interaction less awkward even if I was super nervous! I'm so excited to go back and hopefully I will be less awkward!!! :chat:

Watching my three-year old nephew discover the sparkling sidewalk in Epcot. He just kept running around in awe announcing "So many stars! So many stars on the floor!" and laughing with pure joy as he 'chased' the stars. It's a little thing, but sometimes those are the best.

Mary Poppins! When my son was a toddler we took a midday break so he could play in the splash pad right outside Ariel's Grotto. (Does that even exist any more?!) I was sitting there, watching over my son, enjoying my coffee, when out of a hidden door comes out Mary Poppins. OK, I know that she's just an actor playing a role but I totally lost my cool. You could have sworn by my reaction that Julie Andrews herself had walked out of that door. In fact, a trip to MK or DL is not complete until I have interacted with Mary Poppins! I mean how can you not love someone who is practically perfect in every way?!

The holiday fireworks at Epcot in 2010. Not usually a fan because I can never find a place to stand because I refuse to wait an hour for fireworks but figured the Christmas show may be worth it and it was.

I ran my first half marathon through WDW (Princess 2015). The moment when you turn from the backlot of MK onto Main Street - see the castle for the first time, see hundreds of people cheering, holding signs & waving and lining the road, runners tearing up - totally overwhelming and the epitome of Disney magic for me.

As evidenced by my Avatar I'm a huge fan of TNBC. In 2016 I was able to get out to Disneyland after they did the Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay. As my husband can attest, I practically burst into tears as we walked into the stretching room. I could barely contain my glee throughout the rest of the ride (OMG the smell of cookies too)! I can't remember the last time I felt so AMAZED by something Disney did. To be completely honest it felt like my first trip to Disney World all over again I was so in awe. I can still get a bit misty if I think about that day, and I made my husband go on 5 or 6 times.

Seeing the castle for the first time as an adult. I mean I had cloudy memories from 20 years prior, but oh my gosh, butterflies. I already know when I do it with my kids for the first time in April I am going to cry that they are seeing it with me. I'm a little wishy-washy. :lovestruc

And one more, eating at Victoria and Alberts for our anniversary. Best meal I've ever had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!