When to buy Tokyo Disney passes?

Westcoastwild

DIS Veteran
would it be a hassle to buy them at the gate the day I go? I wanted to buy the 3 day pass- one Park a day for the first two and parkhopper for third.

It's my understanding that I have to pick specific days, and they have to be consecutive. Is that wrong?

If you are staying at a Disney hotel or Official Disney hotel, you should buy them there the day before if your itinerary allows. We just stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (which was lovely) and did that - they only take cash thought. If you are going during a busy time you are guaranteed entry. Also, if you have them when you get there, you can just get in line and wait for the parks to open(because you will need to get there well before opening. We were there in mid may and were always at the front gates over an hour before park opening - I don't ever recall the ticket windows being open when we arrived (but waited past the booth so could not see when they opened). Have fun!

If you are staying at a Disney hotel or Official Disney hotel, you should buy them there the day before if your itinerary allows. We just stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay (which was lovely) and did that - they only take cash thought. If you are going during a busy time you are guaranteed entry. Also, if you have them when you get there, you can just get in line and wait for the parks to open(because you will need to get there well before opening. We were there in mid may and were always at the front gates over an hour before park opening - I don't ever recall the ticket windows being open when we arrived (but waited past the booth so could not see when they opened). Have fun!

No, I'm not staying at a Disney hotel. I was specifically wondering if the windows were open before the park opened.

Sorry.. regarding the multi day pass you must choose the day you want the pass to start. You must also specify what parks you want to visit on days one and two. The third (or 4th depending on the pass) are free to park hop.

I have not been there yet, but if you are already in Japan and pass one of the Disney stores, you can buy your passes there as well.

I can't imagine the ticket offices not be open before park opening. The question would only be, how long before opening.

I know they open before park opening, just not how long. If you can not pre purchase your tickets and are traveling with multiple adults, have part of the party save your place in line for the parks while you buy tickets. If you are not going on a weekend or festival, you should be fine (check the crown calendar!!)

The ticket offices are open before park opening, so you can buy them upon arrival. I'd guesstimate that they're open at least an hour before opening.

When you arrive, you will more than likely be greeted by VERY long lines. But, these are the lines for people who already have a ticket. Walk "between" those lines straight to the ticket counter, buy your tickets and then join the VERY long lines for entry!

You can also buy your tickets in advance online. But, then you have to carry around an A4 print out which is cumbersome and challenging if it rains! You can swap your A4 print out for a regular ticket for an additional 200 yen per person.

Definitely buy them before you go.
We bought tickets from our hotel and every day we went to the park the ticket booths were open before the park opened. There was never anyone in the line to buy tickets. So we decided to go to the park on another day without buying tickets beforehand (not consecutive to the other days). Big mistake, the line to buy tickets was very long. We got there 45 minutes before the park opened and waited at least 20 minutes to buy the tickets.

A couple weeks ago during our visit, the ticket booths opened 30 minutes before the parks. We bought tickets during that time and didn't wait for more than one person in front of us to finish before it was our turn, lines to buy tickets were not an issue.

I believe only one Disney store location now sells park tickets. This is as of January 2017 if memory serves, the only location still selling tickets is the Shinjuku location (which is a really cool store!).

FYI - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay sells tickets in the lobby and takes credit cards. There is also a 7 Bank ATM on the second floor - very convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter