When to book? (I feel out of the loop!)

Azza1987

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Whilst still an avid reader, I haven't posted in forever, so Hello again!

I last went to WDW in 2014, since then I've very luckily been to Paris DL, California DL and Toyko DL/Disneysea (not bad so far eh!) but nothing compares to the world, so after a little bit of pleading, and negotiation looks like I may have wrangled a holiday next year (providing its on a budget as we are just about to move house!) :worship:

I want to go End of Sept/Early Oct to make use of F&W festival and MNSSHP (neither of which I've been too), and I've had a look this morning and I can see there is still a free dining on for 2018 but as I am only looking at the All-Stars resorts I am unsure whether to book, or wait for free dining to end and see if room discounts come out? The free breakfast whilst a nice gesture doesn't make me want to book, as I am a coffee only kind of girl before 12pm anyway so wouldn't be much use for me.

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether I am likely to get a room discount for next year, or should I just book now? When would the discounts come out for rooms, and any idea on approx. % off?

I'd have loved to have stayed at Port Orleans - French Quarter but A) its seems pretty much unavailable for my dates, and B) Fairly expensive when it is available.

I feel so out of the loop after 3 years of no WDW planning! Hoping to utilise some KLM/Air France mileage points I've earned to obtain a flights discount, if not hoping for some virgin cheapy flights.

Hopefully will be in Florida for 12 nights with 7/8 nights in Orlando, and 4/5 nights somewhere else (undecided yet - any recommendations would be great!)

Thanks everyone - I'm off to read some latest trip reports to get back up to speed on the world!

Az x

The room discounts for the value resorts are normally between 10-15% for the general public. Last year a room only discount for the general public became available at the end of April for dates at the end of September/early October. Good luck with your planning.

We booked 20 months prior for POFQ this October - as soon as Virgin showed it as a package - got free dining, free Memory Maker, a $200 Disney gift card, and lovely huge people carrier. When we saw what people were paying just for flights we were really happy with our deal. On previous trips we've stayed on the Keys, the coast and Anna Marie Island as an addition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter