When to avoid aulani?

jlwhitney

Thumper2007
We are in beg stages of planning our second trip back to hawaii and going to combine it with some days at disneyland.

Plan is to go sometime between end of feb and beg of june. Want to avoid Starwars land at DL..LOL.

During that time what are the worst weeks to go?

I would see if you can find out the Hawaiian school vacation dates and avoid those. The resort is quite popular with Hawaii residents and a good number are members to be able stay on weekends and school holidays.

If you are not trying to book one of the lowest/cheapest points villas, it will greatly help your odds. You don't say whether you own at Aulani and can book 11 months out, but from your post, I assume you do not?

I would see if you can find out the Hawaiian school vacation dates and avoid those. The resort is quite popular with Hawaii residents and a good number are members to be able stay on weekends and school holidays.

If you are not trying to book one of the lowest/cheapest points villas, it will greatly help your odds. You don't say whether you own at Aulani and can book 11 months out, but from your post, I assume you do not?

We will book at 7 months , 2 bedroom. We went early nov last time and ended up booking it 3 months out now problem.

We will book at 7 months , 2 bedroom. We went early nov last time and ended up booking it 3 months out now problem.

What view did you book? The standard views and/or the lesser view villas are harder to get. I've had no issues booking Aulani at 7 months out (and much less in advance for 1 trip), but I always book Ocean View which does not book nearly as quickly as the cheaper points views.

What view did you book? The standard views and/or the lesser view villas are harder to get. I've had no issues booking Aulani at 7 months out (and much less in advance for 1 trip), but I always book Ocean View which does not book nearly as quickly as the cheaper points views.

I think we had island view. I want ocean view this time I think or maybe pool. Didn’t like island at all.

I think we had island view. I want ocean view this time I think or maybe pool. Didn’t like island at all.

It will help that you want Ocean View. I've gotten ocean view each of the several times we have stayed at Aulani, and it is awesome! :cutie: I believe that Easter is April 19th next year so if you are going early April your odds are likely better as well. Aulani is great, isn't it? :dogdance:

It will help that you want Ocean View. I've gotten ocean view each of the several times we have stayed at Aulani, and it is awesome! :cutie: I believe that Easter is April 19th next year so if you are going early April your odds are likely better as well. Aulani is great, isn't it? :dogdance:

We loved it! Just trying to pick a general time that it won’t be super packed, it’s always crowded but some
Weeks are worst. Won’t go mid March -easter since it’s spring season and flights will be too high.

Early March or end of May/early June is most likely.

We loved it! Just trying to pick a general time that it won’t be super packed, it’s always crowded but some
Weeks are worst. Won’t go mid March -easter since it’s spring season and flights will be too high.

Early March or end of May/early June is most likely.

Well, I'm shooting for Presidents Week next year, and I know it will likely be very busy, but I'm taking my brood, so that's when it needs to be! :sunny: We can't wait!

Im going in Sept 2019 hoping thats a good time to go for not being crowded and good rates..

Anyone know when 2019 rates will be out? I'm possibly considering Presidents' Week too. Just a room since it's just me.

The winter months are peak season, so I would avoid Feb/March. In April, I would avoid Easter week. In May, I would avoid Memorial Weekend. I would likely go early April or early May - still early enough where you shouldn't catch much of the vacationing out-of-school crowd, but avoiding the times mentioned.

What was it about the Island View that you did not like? I know WDW has some views that are parking lot or utility panel box views. We certainly would ant to avoid something like that.

Always interested in everyone's expertise.

next years golden week could be even longer going from the last week in april into early may...but it may also mean that less people from Japan choose to vacation outside the country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter