When my wife and I are dining at any Disney restaurant we always include questions and look for suggestions.

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
Talking to your server, asking questions will help to add to your experience. When dining at Disney World or Disneyland we always ask our server about where they are from. How they like being in Orlando, Anaheim, or the US. What is your favorite dish on the menu? Most ordered and positive or negative feedback. Etc…you would be suprised how much you learn about their country, towns and or their experience where they lived. That includes whats the best dish on the menu and one that is just okay. Opening up to your server brings another level of experience. It doesn’t hurt when they ask where my wife and I are from either and when we tell them Las Vegas…well that opens the flood gates. It turns a “here is our specials, let me take your drink order” “are you ready to order” dining experience to a personal level of service, stopping by with a short story or two about their country, state and or home town or a story about the time they were in Las Vegas or how do you like the entree I suggested to you? It tends to be a more personal, friendship interaction than a server-customer relationship. As my mother (who is still with us at 93) used to say to me, “you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”

Talking to your server, asking questions will help to add to your experience. When dining at Disney World or Disneyland we always ask our server about where they are from. How they like being in Orlando, Anaheim, or the US. What is your favorite dish on the menu? Most ordered and positive or negative feedback. Etc…you would be suprised how much you learn about their country, towns and or their experience where they lived. That includes whats the best dish on the menu and one that is just okay. Opening up to your server brings another level of experience. It doesn’t hurt when they ask where my wife and I are from either and when we tell them Las Vegas…well that opens the flood gates. It turns a “here is our specials, let me take your drink order” “are you ready to order” dining experience to a personal level of service, stopping by with a short story or two about their country, state and or home town or a story about the time they were in Las Vegas or how do you like the entree I suggested to you? It tends to be a more personal, friendship interaction than a server-customer relationship. As my mother (who is still with us at 93) used to say to me, “you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar”
Genuine interest in and engagement with others is the best!

Probably also depends on how busy they are. During peak times they likely have to service several tables so there is a limited amount of time they can loiter at each table making small talk.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter