When do you shower? AM or PM?

Sounds like everyone's kids shower every day? Mine probably not. Lol. Depends on day and how hot and did we go to pool. It's vacation.

At WDW, I always have had my DD shower (or take a bath when she was younger) every day. You just get too hot, sweaty, and sticky with sunscreen to not bathe every day. Once DD hit puberty, it's daily showers even if we aren't at WDW. Otherwise, ewwwww.

Both. We stay at ALK too and I couldn't imagine coming back from a day at the parks and being 95+ and humid as all can be, full of sun and bug spray without taking a shower before going to bed. Eww. We usually let the youngest go first and then she's pretty worn out so sleeping right away was never much of an issue. While the kids are getting their showers and such, I'm usually setting out the clothes and stuff for the next day. As one gets done in the bathroom, I'm usually sorting out the stinky clothes and putting them into piles. We take one suitcase and dedicate it to the stinky, sweaty clothes for the trip.
I then also take another shower in the morning. Just helps me get ready for the day (wash my face, hair, etc). Which in turn I will get all sweated up the next day again anyway. It's a never ending process down there - but at least we're not stinky.

~D

Night time shower to get clean and wash my hair.

Super fast shower in the morning to help me wake up and to wet my hair so it's not sticking up all over the place.

Both. Dh and I shower in the am, take a mid day break with a nap and then shower and put on clean clothes after the nap.

On pool days...don't ask, my dh thinks we are gross because I just may skip a shower...

since we are getting personal.. I also need 2 pair of undies per day.... Florida heat and humidity is simply gross.

Oh yes! I usually pack an extra pair for each day... it's awful. I bought moisture wicking underwear this year and I'm hoping it makes a difference!

Both, most especially in the hottest weather and/or after swimming. Arriving back in the room after a long (sweaty!) day at the parks makes a shower/bath very inviting indeed.

Otherwise, my gang pretty much does the same as they do at home. Some prefer evenings, some prefer mornings.

I travel a lot with my parents who are both in their 80's. My dad showers at night (he does this at home too). If we're in a room with 1 bathroom, I'll let my mom shower first since it doesn't take me as long to get ready. We usually end up ready to go at about the same time. Lately we've been getting 2 BRs (we are DVC) so we don't have as much "bathroom juggling" to do.

We are a family that showers ALOT at WDW! Our routine is everyone showers before bedtime even if we showered after an afternoon swim or before dinner. DH is the only one who showers again in the morning. It's too hot in Florida to only shower once a day!

Mom and kids shower at night, Hubby showers in the morning. He takes forever IMO but insists on morning showers.

Both... even when not on vacation.

when we do Disney we always only have 1 bathroom. I am an early bird so I get up and hit the shower first, then my sister then my niece.

the AM shower is usually a quick affair while the evening shower is a longer one.

We have our morning routine pretty set while at disney. It usually takes us around one to one and a half hours to get up, showered, in our clothes and out the door. We are low maintenance on vacation.

Does going in the pool count? :laughing: I'd say twice, it's sweaty out there!

Have a great time at AKL! We just got back! You may want to factor in a hair more resort time, because you will find yourself spending at least a good 1/2 hour just staring at the animals in the savanna from your balcony! Maybe even more with some coffee :cool2:

Also, we brought a pair of binoculars this trip and it really enhanced the whole experience!! That will factor in another 1/2 hour :thumbsup2
I don't think swimming in pool counts as a shower, but it has to count for something, right, lol.

I shower first thing in the morning and DH will shower when I'm done. I really WISH it would wake my kids up! It would help us get out the door faster. ::yes::

Both. And after our midday pool break. So usually 3 showers a day.

The kids shower at night.

I don't worry about waking the kids up with noise. I "trained" my kids to sleep through noise since birth. They can literally sleep through ANYTHING.

We have always stayed in a suite at AofA but this trip we are staying in a savanna view room at AKL. So we only have 1 bathroom. Just wondering how most people manage their time? Does everyone shower at night even though we don't get back to the room till 11 or 12 and it might make it harder for the kids to go to sleep while we are showering/drying hair? Do some shower in the morning and risk waking up the kids due to using the hair dryer since there doesn't seem to be a door to the vanity area at AKL?

Super excited to stay at AKL....just obsessing over the details that I know will all fall in place in the end and the trip will be magical ;)

All of us shower in the morning. Before bed usually hit the pool for a few minutes. Very relaxing.

Night time shower to get clean and wash my hair.

Super fast shower in the morning to help me wake up and to wet my hair so it's not sticking up all over the place.
Yep.

I also might throw in a shower mid-day if I have the time. And yes, I change clothes then as well.

Yes, we go through a bunch of towels in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter