When do you shower? AM or PM?

PM, really need one after a long day at the parks in the FL heat.
We are RD people so like to get out of the room early in the AM

What is stupid about wanting to have a good plan to make sure they are out the door on time? That's pretty much the point of this entire website, to help people plan the details that will make their trips smoother. I know personally, if I tell my kids before we even head to the airport which one is showering in the morning and which is showering in the evening, everyone will just do it and there will be no frustration or fights. It's a good question.

Both, AM & PM, there are only 3 of us though. In the morning we do what the person above does, one who takes longest after shower to get ready goes first ( that's me :)). I never dry my hair while at Disney though, it almost always goes up in a pony or bun so it doesn't take me too long to get ready.

Wow people. If you think the question is stupid, just don't answer. I think being rude back is an even more stupid way to behave.

OP--I end up showering twice a day. Sometimes 3 times. But we take breaks during the middle of the day, so if I feel icky I will shower in the afternoon as well as at night ad in the morning.

multiple times for everyone.. either morning, mid-day or evening just before bed.
For me at least Both, morning shower is a quick freshen up, no hair 1 min. max... Evening is hair/shaving..

EVERYONE HAS to shower up before bed.. regardless of how late. unless you are passed out which is rare. But Florida heat, humidity and add in the sun-screen.. Just gross, simply gross to enter my bedsheets.

Kids usually wash their hair mid-afternoon as we usually take a swim... to get clorine out.

since we are getting personal.. I also need 2 pair of undies per day.... Florida heat and humidity is simply gross.

I do too!

My youngest showers at night all the time, and I shower in the morning. I also often shower again at night at Disney often!

@epcotty & @Sparkly Here are some wise words to follow:

e1514dc35376df3851423adb281bc312.gif

Both. We've been traveling to WDW with the kids since they were babies, and I never once worried about whether or not a shower would wake them up, or make it hard to sleep. They just had to deal with it. Worrying in advance about when to shower is a level of detail I am just not willing to have on vacation.

I usually shower twice a day, and sometimes 3, during our trips. Always in the morning. I just don't feel right if I don't start the day with a shower. We often take a break mid-afternoon and I take a quick shower then because I'm feeling gross. Whether I take a 3rd one at night depends on what we were doing in the evening (park versus just having dinner at a resort), how late we get back to the room, and how hot it was in the evening.

My DD usually showers at night unless it's one of those super late nights when we were at the park until midnight and she's dead on her feet when we get back to the room. Then it's morning, but I don't schedule us to do a late close followed by a rope drop day.

It's a good question. I struggle with when to shower at WDW. At home it's in the morning, but I'm always in such a rush on our trips to get everyone breakfast and get out the door to a park that I don't have time to shower. Usually I opt for mid-afternoon when we come back for a break. Then if there's time, I can dry my hair. The days when we have something planned mid-afternoon, though, I end up showering at night. Which I hate. I don't like to sleep with wet hair, and using the hair dryer wakes my family. Not to mention, I am so exhausted at the end of the day that the last thing I want to do is shower. I want to come back to the room and jump into bed!

This is what I do too. Kids' shower time will vary. DH always showers at night.

Does going in the pool count? :laughing: I'd say twice, it's sweaty out there!

Have a great time at AKL! We just got back! You may want to factor in a hair more resort time, because you will find yourself spending at least a good 1/2 hour just staring at the animals in the savanna from your balcony! Maybe even more with some coffee :cool2:

Also, we brought a pair of binoculars this trip and it really enhanced the whole experience!! That will factor in another 1/2 hour :thumbsup2

Yes .. if everyone takes a swim on return from parks, we are okay with passing on night shower. Night is because we do not want to get into our beds dirty from all day in the parks. Morning is to get ready for the day.

But I missed AKL was OP's hotel. @clmsongrl - AKL has showers and changing area right next to the main pool. Great way to tag team showering real quick or maximizing time in am when I'm sure the locker showers are empty. You could be loud there with your blow dryer while others sleep. I know on a cruise DH & DSs went to the fitness locker showers to get ready (they are bigger than our whole cabin bath) and it left bath available to the girls so we all got ready at same time.

Neither.

I wash in the morning and shower at around 4pm to wash off the sweat and park ick. Then when I go out at night when it's cooler, I don't come back feeling gross :)

since we are getting personal.. I also need 2 pair of undies per day.... Florida heat and humidity is simply gross.

Glad it is not just me. I always overpack undies and bras. Even though I bring along a small bottle of Woolite to wash things out in the sink if need be.

Both my boyfriend and I shower both in the evening (I couldn't bear entering my clean bed if I was dirty) and in the morning (we both work out in the morning and look a total mess so need to clean up before going out). Waking up the other is part of our life :p And yes, two pairs of underwear per day for each of us. Lingerie is one of those things that's actually fun to buy so I don't mind :)

Haha. I shower as day dictates. Mostly in morning. Some nights we come home and go right to pool.

Sounds like everyone's kids shower every day? Mine probably not. Lol. Depends on day and how hot and did we go to pool. It's vacation.

Forgot to add everyone else usually showers in the morning. I just find mornings at Disney too hectic! Mid-afternoon is the best time for me.

My husband and I have worked it out pretty well. I shower at night and after we use the pool, hate chlorine in my hair. He is a really early morning riser so he showers in the morning and that gives me a little extra guilt free time in bed.

I rinse off at least twice a day, and try to just wash my hair once a day, although sometimes I feel like I need to do that twice too. Between all the sweating, and sunscreen, and that humid sticky feeling I like to shower quite a bit at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter