Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

I have stayed at AKL Kidani in a roll in shower H/A 1Br Savannah view 3 times. The rooms were all located off the hallway behind the check in desk., beyond the elevators. I scoped out the other hallway and did not see any H/A double peep holes. My rooms were on different floors but in the same area.

Video tour of our preferred Accessible 1 King + 1 Double at Sports in April - http://youtu.be/HM4UjW1bG4Y
That's not a public video.

Message me if you have questions about it, but I think the video will show you what you need to know.

I have seen the King +1 Double listed and doubted the accuracy as I could not see how thy could fit them in the room. I normally book a king HA with the tub option and the King only has a daybed or pullout chair

Thanks for the video! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all your help. My brother in law will be using a wheel chair, however, it has an electronic attachable device. The most important thing will probably be the savannah view as it is his first visit. Really appreciate all the advice.
Janet:):)

Thanks for the nice comments on the Sports room video! Here's a video of our HA room in the Lion King section at Art of Animation.

We had a roll-in shower. These rooms have a slightly different configuration from the standard rooms in that the living room is the first room when you open the door from the hallway with the standard bathroom on the left, the dining area and table-bed are straight ahead, and then the bedroom and HA bath are to the right.

This one's a public video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7a8y65HFs

I didn't get the living area or the standard bath in the video, so here are photos:

IMG_20121213_133652.jpg

The kitchenette is not really HA:
IMG_3758.JPG

Standard Bath:
IMG_3766.JPG

Queen bed in Master - I didn't measure it, but it looks lower? Don't quote me on that one.
IMG_3756.JPG

So cute!
IMG_3774.JPG

The roll-in shower:
IMG_3776.JPG

I will be renting a ECV, staying at POFQ, family of 4. Roll in shower not needed, is it nessasary to have a handicap accessible room? Thanks for any info.:artist:

I will be renting a ECV, staying at POFQ, family of 4. Roll in shower not needed, is it nessasary to have a handicap accessible room? Thanks for any info.:artist:
No.
The room doors are the same size, so you will still be able to get in.
The rooms with roll in showers are the same size, but are arranged differently. In order to make room for the roll in shower, the bedroom part of the room is smaller and the bathroom is larger.

we are going at the end of december and staying at CBR . we booked waterview with a roll in shower and with a king and a double. does any have any experience with room type or locations. thanks

Hi! My grandmother is joining us for short weekend vacation to Disney. We are staying at the Disney Animal Kingdom lodge Arusha view 1 king bed and 1 queen pull-out. After looking at some pictures I am having second thoughts about our room choice. We normally rent a scooter from an off-site company and it will be in the room. Will it fit through the door of the room and be able to charge somewhere out of the way where we can be comfortable?

Tried to search this first. :-)
We have always booked a room and requested a lowered bed. Using the online booking system it seems that every room that fits our needs is booked, but I'll keep trying.
Are the rooms with lowered beds only a fixed number of rooms? Or can a bed be lowered once it is booked?
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any info about AoA accessible Lion King suites? I'm renting a scooter and :eeyore: uses a manual chair. Her limited mobility requires a roll-in shower. I won't use the scooter in the room.

I had looked at the first link. It's not a suite so that's why I asked. The video helps, but it doesn't show enough.

Clarification...the Lion King section at AoA is all suites, so yes the first link mentions "HA room" in the post but it is a suite. The Cars section and Finding Nemo section are also all suites. The only non-suite rooms at AoA are Little Mermaid.

Enjoy your vacation!

We are booked into a roll in shower room at POFQ in April, so I will do a video of that room. Have never had a HA room there, looking forward to seeing the layout. Hubby and I did get a King bed room at Riverside once which was also a roll in shower room. It was very nice, on the corner so it had two windows, which I liked.

I am a high-level quadriplegic, and use a sip and puff wheelchair. I have been to Disney several times and stayed at primarily Port Orleans Riverside, but Caribbean beach once many years ago, and Coronado Springs and 2011 and this past October. In October I stayed in a room in building four, the roll in shower was cleared right out and very accessible with ample room. The sink and mirror were completely outside of the shower area, which made it much more accessible. I have never had a room like that before at Disney, and I'm wondering if with the refurbishment at Caribbean beach they had similar showers? Previously every room I had, with a roll in shower, the sink was in the bathroom, and a small partition wall was between the sink in the shower area making it quite tight.

Has anyone stayed in the AKL (Arusha) Savanna room with 1K + 1 Q? Online is lists is as wheelchair accessible with r/i shower + option for hearing accessibility. Would this be one 1 room with the 2 beds or 2 attached rooms like those at the Value resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!