Wheelchair accessible rooms offsite at Disneyland

disneykiwi

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone , I need some accommodation recommendations.

My sister and I are coming from New Zealand to Disneyland next June. We are doing the ABD Backstage Magic trip and then extending our stay for another week.

That week we will be staying offsite. I use a manual wheelchair but have good upper strength and am able to push myself, not able to walk at all. I would like some recommendations on where to stay, what experiences people have had with the wheelchair accessible rooms.

We are open to any suggestions, hotels, motels or suites but it would need to be probably no more than a 20 min walk unless you know of somewhere that has wheelchair shuttle that is suitable.

What hotel rooms are the largest? Which hotels are the closest to the main Disneyland entrance? Roll in showers with seats or shower over bathtub. Were the beds very high (have had issues with that in previous travels round the world).

I have always stayed at the Carousel and it was fine but the was able to have my own room. This time we would be looking to share the room (due to cost) so would need either two beds or one with a rollaway. From what I can remember the Carousel rooms are sort of cramped and I cant imagine having a rollaway and being able to get around easily in my chair. You may be able to tell me differently

Anyway - it will just be a place to sleep so doesnt have to be luxury!!!

Any help would be much appreciated, I know it is all relative but am willing to learn anything good and not so good.

Our travel date is June 9th to 23rd 2013. Is it very hot at that time? What suggestions do you all have for us?

thanks so much for all input and any tips are very welcome!

Cheers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter