Whats your preferred airline that you use?

Monorail_Man_NJ

DIS Veteran
I used to routinely fly Continental Airlines out of EWR (Newark, NJ) but ever since the merger with United Im not a fan any longer.

Since my nearest airport is now PHL (Philadelphia) their main airline is American. Also not a fan.

For sheer ease of use and flight changes Im trying to fly exclusively on Southwest.

Anyone else?

Southwest hands down. For the ease of using points on any flight, no change fees, refunds/credits if fare goes down, no bag fees. I always look for SW first. Plus I have a ton of points I can transfer over from my Chase Freedom and Sapphire cards. And I have a companion pass until the end of 2018 so DH can fly free any trip we take together. I love SW!

I have about 80,000 American points I can never seem to use when I need to fly somewhere.

Southwest, almost exclusively. With the occasional Alaska flight thrown in once or twice a decade.

Southwest is the most consistent of the airlines, imo. I always know exactly what I'm getting with them - no surprises.

Steve

Southwest, although we do fly Chicago to Miami on American for DCL cruises because the Chicago to FLL schedule on SW is very limited while American has a flight about every hour out of O’Hare. SW cancelled a flight at the last moment when we were booked on a cruise out of Miami and we couldn’t reschedule to a time which would allow us to make the cruise. We switched last minute to an AA flight in order to get to Miami in time. Now we use SW to and from MCO and American to MIA (we usually go to WDW after cruises out of Miami, so fly back to Chicago out of MCO).

Nonstop flights on JetBlue! Delta is always cheaper by a couple of hundred for our family, but their costumer service is awful.

Domestic- Jetblue, SW second.

International- Delta or British Air

Like @FCDub said, Agnostic. I will go with who ever has the best price when I factor in fees, but I will avoid those so called ultra low cost carriers like Spirit, Allegiant, and Frontier. I MIGHT be willing to try one of those when flying alone but not with my family. We had a family friend who flew Spirit from BOS To MCO and his return flight to BOS was cancelled. They they could only guarantee him a flight back about a week later to get him home, unless of course he wanted to fly standby, which meant waiting at the airport in case a seat opened up. I could just imagine how long it might have taken had he had a family of 3 or more. In the end it was cheaper for him to rent a car and drive back to BOS then paying a last min airfare.

We do love JetBlue and 4 out of our last 5 flights, and soon to be 5 or 6, have been on them as they were the best price at the time or reasonably close. If wish SW flew non-stop from BOS to MCO as I would fly them as well. I can also fly out of PVD but the flight have to be that much cheaper to make it wort our while. We flew to MCO back in late April and at one point flights on JB were running $400pp out of BOS and $500pp out of PVD on JB, they were about the same on SW from PVD. Just before I booked I checked PVD again and they had gone down $250pp on JB so a $300 savings was well worth it.

Flying out of NJ or PHL we almost exclusively use Frontier now. It's consistently the cheapest option and we've only had great experiences so far with their flights. (I always feel like I'm jinxing myself when I say that, so knocking on wood now, lol.) I do shop around before purchasing our flights each time, but haven't found anything else comparable for the dates we travel.

I fly almost exclusively JetBlue. Not the absolute cheapest, but almost always the best deal.

We always pick non-stop flights so that mean we usually fly on Alaska. Even when they are charging more we still pick Alaska. I rarely check how much the other carriers are charging. We have had good experiences with Jet Blue and Delta. I thought United was sub par.

We have to fly over the ultra expensive school vacation weeks bc DH is a teacher- so I fly whatever airline is cheapest after figuring fees. I would not choose spirit from things I've heard. I've flown Jet Blue, American, Delta, United, Virgin American. They've all been fine.

We usually take JetBlue out of SFO. On our last trip, we used Delta. It was fine.

American out of Philadelphia. We prefer not to change planes and they have better time options than SW for the places we fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter