What's you best FREE thing to do at WDW?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
What treasures can you share with us on FREE (or almost free) things to do at WDW?

During our last WDW trip, we knew our ds (15 months at the time) would wake early the first Disney day, so the night before we got his stroller all ready for me to take him our for a walk while dd and dh slept in. We had Cindy's ressie at 8:30am that morning. He woke just before 6am. I threw on a jacket and waved a brush over my hair, grabbed the refillable mugs and took off for OPR for morning coffee.

ds was so happy to be out and about in his stroller so early in the morning. We walked over the bridge listening to the Caribbean music (CBR), we went into OPR, got a muffin and sat there sharing a muffin, while I sipped coffee and we watched the sun rise. WOW! What a moment. No mouse, no castle, no parade, no rides ~ just me and my son on a perfect morning ~ I think Walt himself would call that a truly magical Disney memory.

I really enjoy going resort hopping. I am not much of a napper like my son and DW, so while they are sleeping I go and check out the different resorts. It is a lot of fun, and DW and son like the little gifts I bring back to them from the different gift shops.

Ride in the front of the monorail! We like to do this our first day, it really gets us in the Disney Spirit.

we love the petting farm over at Fort Wilderness Of course the kids ride the pony, $2 little expensive for the short ride but they love it! We also love to go and watch the movie with Chip and Dale. the camp fire sing along. Plus going down to the little beach area at night and watch the light parade go by. I just love FW! So much to do just inside the camp ground. We usually always have a down day scheduled just to wonder the camp ground

Don't forget about the Chip and Dale Campfire Sing-Along at Ft. Wilderness with a Disney movie to follow. You can bring marshmellows to toast or you can buy them there. My kids love it!

I love to visit the other resorts and ride the monorail. On our last trip, we weren't going to be going to EPCOT until later in our trip, so DS and I hopped on the monorail from CR and headed for EPCOT. It was one of the highlights of the trip for my DS because we got to ride in the front of the monorail from TTC to EPCOT.

I also try to schedule one afternoon to go to Downtown Disney. I always enjoy walking around and doing some shopping there.

Beth

Another vote for Downtown Disney....of course it isn't free if you shop, and who could help it? I too love to resort hop...and plan the next place we are going to stay, even though we always go back to the same place.

My DD favorite ride was the Monorail, followed by the train in Downtown disney. Both of my boys enjoy the resort pool as much as any of the parks. Another freebee would be a visit to the Animal Kingdom Lodge, (via disney transportation) to see a few animals from the viewing areas.

deno

Watching the fireworks from the beach at the Poly. We try to get a swing to sit on and watch the EWP and then hang around till the fireworks. Then we take a ride around on the monorail. When the children were little they thought that it was the best thing to ride on the monorail. The campfire is great too. They use to have some free entertainment at the Disney Village at night but I think that that has all moved to the Boardwalk now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter