What's on your Memorial Day menu?

Brats, beer, corn on the cob, salad. Maybe potato salad if I go to the store and buy it for DH! It's just the 2 of us, no big crowd, and I don't like potato salad.
Just 2 here as well, and we have almost the same menu: Brats, beer, coleslaw (or braised cabbage--I just have half a head of cabbage to make), and roasted red/yellow pepper strips. We'll probably have potato chips with french onion dip, too. I like potato salad, but we had it yesterday.

No idea. We will just arrive back from vacation tomorrow night. I will probably do a huge stock up grocery run and then still not know what to cook.

Crazy how that happens. We had $250 of groceries in the trunk from Sam's and were on our way to Wal-Mart for more groceries at 5 tonight. I told dh I have no idea what's for dinner. We decide to get pizza crusts, spinach, pregrilled chicken and make pizzas. They were good. But had no clue until then what to make.

I do think tomorrow will be a beef roast, mashed potatoes and green beans.

We are tackling home improvement projects this weekend, so Monday will be leftovers or something easy.

Traditional-

We had friends over last night and grilled hot dogs and then did s’mores over the bonfire. Everybody pitched in a side.

Tomorrow we are having a swim party with ds’s travel soccer team. Burgers and hot dogs and everyone pitches in a side.

Going to DDs, we're grilling out. Everybody but me likes steak so I'll be having a brat and some macaroni salad.

Schwan's Chicken Florentine meal kit.
While a holiday at my job, it is not a day off.
Not even a holiday at my wife's employer and she has to work late to boot, after working an overtime shift today.
So quick and easy and late dinner in our house tomorrow.

Mojitos are probably my favorite drink! I'd love the recipe for your mojito fruit salad if you don't mind sharing!
Sure! It's really whatever fruit you want (I used strawberries, watermelon, and apple this time) and then a sauce with 3 TBS powdered sugar, 1/4 c lime juice, and about 6 large mint leaves(chopped). I make it the day before so the fruit really soaks up the sauce.

***Apples sound strange but they actually taste the best with the mint and lime!

Well, I wasn't entertaining this weekend, but yesterday DH invited his parents over to see the Solo movie and have dinner with us. This put me in panic mode because I didn't have enough food to go around!!! So, DH had to go out and get more. And, of course, now I have to spend my entire morning cleaning instead of getting more yard work done. Sigh.

Barbecue ribs (sous vide prep)
Corn on the cob
Baked potatoes
Corn bread

Sure! It's really whatever fruit you want (I used strawberries, watermelon, and apple this time) and then a sauce with 3 TBS powdered sugar, 1/4 c lime juice, and about 6 large mint leaves(chopped). I make it the day before so the fruit really soaks up the sauce.

***Apples sound strange but they actually taste the best with the mint and lime!

I can't wait to try it! Thank you!!

Gotta work today, so I'll be nuking mac & cheese. I don't mind, as they pay us time and a half and a bonus 4 hours of normal pay.

I'm keto as well & I love it! How are you making the keto chips?

I was going to make the Fat Head Nachos (just Google it) but we ended up throwing a party and changed our menu up completely.

We had:
Grilled Soy/Ginger Chicken
Deviled Eggs
Spinach and Strawberry Salad with almonds and feta. I made a homemade lemon/poppy seed dressing. This was sooooo good.
Ham and turkey roll ups with cream cheese and dill pickes and green onion
An assortment of Olives and Pickles
Veggie tray with cream cheese dip
Berry Fruit Salad with Cool Whip

The entire spread was keto friendly (if not keto foward) and not one person noticed or complained. We did have chips and cooked a pizza for the kids, but only half the pizza ended up being eaten. The rest of the food was demolished.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!