What's on your Memorial Day menu?

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
For those who are entertaining this weekend:
What's everyone serving?

We have a vegan, a Keto/Paleo, & 2 picky toddlers who rarely share the same tastes lol. So far, our menu is:
Hot dogs, kielbasa, and "Beyond Meat" Burgers
Grilled asparagus
Cauliflower "mock potato" salad, roasted radishes with Parmesan
Pasta salad, mac and cheese
Chips and salsa (& maybe guacamole), cheese crackers
Strawberries and blueberries
Italian ice

We are under some food constraints as well. I am Keto and my husband is low carb, and we have two picky tweens who don't eat normal Memorial Day food anyway.

I am thinking we will have:
hot dogs and burgers
"fauxtato" Salad (turnips)
Veggies and dip
Guacamole and Salsa with homemade keto chips
Stawberries and Blueberries with Cool Whip

I haven't planned it all out yet, but I know marinated grilled chicken breasts are in the plans and I have a three kinds of rum for whatever I decide to whip up in the blender. If I can twist DH's arm, maybe we'll smoke a brisket.

We're hitting MK with some friends and they love Pecos Bills so probably that. Not my favorite but I haven't had it in years and should give it another shot.

We're hitting MK with some friends and they love Pecos Bills so probably that. Not my favorite but I haven't had it in years and should give it another shot.

On their new menu they have cauliflower tacos .. sounds icky but they are AMAZING ... I had them two days in a row .

We are under some food constraints as well. I am Keto and my husband is low carb, and we have two picky tweens who don't eat normal Memorial Day food anyway.

I am thinking we will have:
hot dogs and burgers
"fauxtato" Salad (turnips)
Veggies and dip
Guacamole and Salsa with homemade keto chips
Stawberries and Blueberries with Cool Whip

I'm keto as well & I love it! How are you making the keto chips?

We moved about 9 months ago so our old neighbors are going to come over and make cauliflower crust pizzas .. was going to be a BBQ but looks like days of raining ahead .

I'm going old school. My Grandfather was in WWll and he really had a reason to observe Memorial Day. He always had a big bbq. So we are what he and my Grandmother made: a brisket, potato salad, pinto beans. The girls and I will be gone over Father's Day so we thought we would surprise my husband and celebrate early on Monday. I'll add green bean casserole, pea salad and some banana pudding for him. And my dd is going to make him an apple pie as well.

hamburgers seasoned with Mrs. Dash
Fresh fruit
Green Salad
and more ......

*Baked Fish and Shrimp With shredded cabbage tacos.
*Chips n Dips
*Strawberries n Blueberries with cool whip.
*Mini store bought cupcakes for the kids

Lots of grilling. Burgers, Prime ribeyes, marinated pork chops, smoking corned beef to make pastrami.

Brats, beer, corn on the cob, salad. Maybe potato salad if I go to the store and buy it for DH! It's just the 2 of us, no big crowd, and I don't like potato salad.

Just got back from a grill out with one of my sons and wife. We had good ole burgers, baked beans, chips, lots of various fruits and awesome cupcakes. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter