Whats Better Than Champagne and OJ? A May '18 PTR COMPLETE 5/12

Following along!

I felt a lot of feelings after reading your posts ... foreshadowing, maybe ... but not for your family b/c you guys are going to have a wonderful, food-filled time!! My family is also - ahem - lovingly difficult. I just know (foreshadowing) that when the time comes to plan our next trip, there will be hour-long ADR planning sessions and itinerary questioners. LAST WEEK (and we have no trip planned right now) my FiL says, "next time we go to Disney, I'm staying in a cabin at Fort Wilderness. I don't care where you guys stay." We weren't even talking about Disney. I think we'd been talking about golf carts and he connected the dots! o_O

Ah, family. What can you do?? :grouphug: :crowded: :hug:

we will definitely be eating (and drinking!) a lot! haha! I LOVE the term, "lovingly difficult"!!! And your FIL? Too funny!!!
Joining in! You definitely need that drink after planning this trip! Can't wait to read more!

Hi, welcome, welcome!! So nice to have you here!

giphy.gif

My math might not be right because I've never used the dining plan, but I think you're a credit over unless you get rid of Biergarten too. Maybe you could move TE or CMC there because 3 meals will be really filling. Other than that it looks good! :thumbsup2 We're planning to try the Yachtsman too. And I'd like to fit in the Garden Grill sometime soon.

AHH thanks for the heads up, girl! I need to re calculate! Honestly, I couldn't care less about Teppan Edo... lol.
Hey lady! Excited to follow along with your plans :) I have taken many an insanely early flight out of Logan, and know the pain! If you don't want to park in Central Parking, there's a really good offsite lot I like that's much less stressful to navigate than Logan!

Your ADRs look great--and seem to balance everyone's special requests!

That's a bummer your mom only wanted to do four nights/book through Disney, but maybe if there's a little drama to be expected, a shorter trip is for the best ;)
:welcome:

HI!

I think we might end up taking a car service, but I will DEF keep in mind the off site parking! Is it off of Rte 1 and says 'economy parking"? I may have accidentally pared there a few years ago and thought it WAS Logan lol....

Hopefully we get out ADRs more finalized (is that a thing? more finalized?) once we get our FP+ all set.

I agree, a shorter trip may best! Always better to leave wanting more, versus wanting to cut the trip short! lol!!!

HI!

I think we might end up taking a car service, but I will DEF keep in mind the off site parking! Is it off of Rte 1 and says 'economy parking"? I may have accidentally pared there a few years ago and thought it WAS Logan lol....

Hopefully we get out ADRs more finalized (is that a thing? more finalized?) once we get our FP+ all set.

I agree, a shorter trip may best! Always better to leave wanting more, versus wanting to cut the trip short! lol!!!

Ohhh I would totally take a car service or Uber! I don't think it's off Rt 1? It's called Preflight Parking and was less than $15 a day. Self park but the shuttle picks you up at your car. But I'd totally take a car service if I was only 20 minutes away!

Pre Travel Day: 5/12

As any good DISer knows, a true Disney Vacation starts the day before you leave, amiright?

The Parents will be collecting The Nephews Friday evening (5/11) and they'll spend the night at The Parents house. The Parents will make sure the kids have packed appropriate clothing, etc and help get their stuff into the bag my Dad plans on them all sharing...

giphy.gif

I have no idea why Dad is insisting that all three of them share luggage. Not one.:scared:

Anyway, the next day (5/12) The Parents and The Nephews will be driving 4 hours to my house. Once they let me know they're en route, I'll be waking up to clean my house (am I the only one that goes crazy cleaning before Mom comes over?!), hitting the grocery store for dinner that night, and of course, PACKING!)

Hopefully the weather will be somewhat nice and we can cook lunch/dinner on the grill and sit by our fireplace in the backyard. Then, it'll be early to bed for us (not that anyone will actually be sleeping...

Because we need to LEAVE my house at 3:30am! The Nephews and Dad will likely shower the night before, Mom and I will shower in that morning. The alarms be will set for 2am... EEEK!

Since DH and I don't have a printer, I plan on sending him to his office to print our boarding passes while I'm packing/cleaning. Normally I could print these at work, but since I don't work Saturdays and you have to wait 24 hours before your flight to check in... DH gets assigned this task! lol

I realize this is a pretty non eventful post... next up will be Travel Day/Day 1, sure to be much more exciting!

I love the day before the trip! I think you're so ambitious to cook the night before! I pretty much halt all grocery shopping a week out haha.
Also LOVE that you have a fireplace in your backyard. That's a goal for us for this year!

I love the day before the trip! I think you're so ambitious to cook the night before! I pretty much halt all grocery shopping a week out haha.
Also LOVE that you have a fireplace in your backyard. That's a goal for us for this year!

haha, I actually like cooking! Dishes? Not so much...
joining in! :mickeyjum

:welcome: yay! Thanks for joining in!!

Do you watch Scream Queens? I loved that show.

NO, what is Scream Queens?! Tell me more!

Yay!! I'm a little late to the party, but I am so excited about your new trip and that you're back on the Disboards! The Ashlee Club is back together!! party:

Planning with your family sounds really stressful! You deserve all the drinks!! :drinking1

Although, at least they are letting you know what they want up front. Hopefully that will cut down on the temper tantrums. My family likes to say that they don't care and then complain about everything later (or my dad throws an ATT, except his version is to get all brooding and then he pouts and won't talk to anyone). :confused3

Your ADRs look great! I really wanted to fit LTT into our plans for this trip, but DH wanted to go to Crystal Palace again and I knew we wouldn't be hungry for lunch that day if we have a big breakfast. So he won this time, but I am determined to fit it into one of our trips this year!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!! :yay:

NO, what is Scream Queens?! Tell me more!

:laughing: I'm pretty sure that's where that gif of Jamie Lee Curtis came from. You should definitely look it up! It only lasted 2 seasons but it was hilarious. It's from the guy that does American Horror Story, and it's a dark comedy/satire. Lots of pop culture stuff, it's kind of like Mean Girls/Heathers crossed with making fun of horror tropes. The first season was about a killer at a college and the second season was about a hospital where the staff keep getting killed. It's got Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Lea Michelle in it, and some other celebrities from time to time (the second season had John Stamos).

Ohhh I would totally take a car service or Uber! I don't think it's off Rt 1? It's called Preflight Parking and was less than $15 a day. Self park but the shuttle picks you up at your car. But I'd totally take a car service if I was only 20 minutes away!

Thanks! I'm researching this now!

The Ashlee Club is back together!!

giphy.gif

YAY!!

My family likes to say that they don't care and then complain about everything later (or my dad throws an ATT, except his version is to get all brooding and then he pouts and won't talk to anyone). :confused3

Ok that would be SUPER annoying! The Nephews really haven't voiced too many requests, I've asked if they would do roller coasters and 'stay out late' with me, and they both said yes. And other than Shawn not eating steak, thats all I've gotten from them.

I'm pretty sure that's where that gif of Jamie Lee Curtis came from. You should definitely look it up! It only lasted 2 seasons but it was hilarious. It's from the guy that does American Horror Story, and it's a dark comedy/satire. Lots of pop culture stuff, it's kind of like Mean Girls/Heathers crossed with making fun of horror tropes. The first season was about a killer at a college and the second season was about a hospital where the staff keep getting killed. It's got Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Lea Michelle in it, and some other celebrities from time to time (the second season had John Stamos).

My plan for Sunday is to watch this!

I am cracking up reading the flight debacle and your dad having to sit in the front row.. It honestly sounds like my family, you have the patience of a saint!

I am cracking up reading the flight debacle and your dad having to sit in the front row.. It honestly sounds like my family, you have the patience of a saint!

hahah! This PTR is all about being honest, I think everyone can relate to wanting to spend time with their family but also hoping they step on a lego at the same time, yes?

I Made My First Disney Spreadsheet

Planning a trip for five people is no joke. Feeling inspired by @Elevationist 's spreadsheets in her PTR, I decided I need to make my own. Plus, as you can tell from my last post, my ADRs and park plans did NOT add up. Our FP day is March 14th, hopefully we don't need to adjust our ADRs too much.

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 5.27.32 PM.png

I'm still stalking WDW website for an Ale & Compass lunch ADR.

@Raeven had some great reviews on this new restaurant, but not wonderful experiences. The plan is to get checked into the Beach Club and then eat before we head to Magic Kingdom, so that when we get to the park our bellies will be full and not feel like we need to walk by attractions to eat first. To help avoid any ATTs (adult temper tantrums), so we're going to take a Minnie Van to MK.

:yay:If anyone has any ideas on where we should eat lunch at The Beach Club/Yacht Club/Boardwalk area on arrival day, please let me know! :yay:

I think we're all looking forward to Yachtsman Steak House, but Dad is particularly excited. I plan on heading out to watch Happily Ever After that evening, I've never seen it! I know I'll be tired after a long day of traveling but, as Mom says, you can sleep when you're dead! I really HATE the crowds after the fireworks, but I'm open to giving it a try this year!

I'm really looking forward to sushi at Teppan Edo (yes, its spelled incorrectly on my spread sheet. fail).

The Nephews told my mom they really liked Biergarten last time and want to go back. I really like it here too, but it's been at least 5 or 6 years since my last trip.

Breakfast on 5/14 and 5/15 at Cape May Cafe because we could get an early ADRs (trying to space out our meals as much as possible!), the restaurant is in our resort, and most importantly... characters! Also, DH and I ate here twice in May and it was delicious!

Hollywood & Vine. I'm taking one for the team here, as we are doing the Fantasmic Dining Package. Mom and I ate here last January, and if you read my TR you'll know that I thought the characters were great but I compared the food to... Carnival Cruise food.

:yay:50s Prime Time... not sure we'll keep this. No one seems particularly attached to eating here. Any recommendations (keeping in mind we are going to the 9pm Fantasmic show) ?:yay:

Mom really wants to show Dad AKL, and we both love Boma, so naturally a Boma breakfast has to be eaten!

Rainforest Cafe. Eh. Any thoughts? Mom thinks The Nephews will like it. I want to try to get an ADR at Yak & Yeti for 12/12:30pm, but right now it's either 11:40 (too soon after breakfast for us) or 1:45pm (too close to dinner).

Cape May Cafe Clam Bake/Buffet will be a great way to end our vacation, and a first for all of us. I plan on taking advantage of MK being open until 11pm that night so I really don't think we'll end up seeing ROL.

Last edited:
I think we're all looking forward to Yachtsman Steak House,

Me too! We're going there too.

Hollywood & Vine. I'm taking one for the team here, as we are doing the Fantasmic Dining Package. Mom and I ate here last January, and if you read my TR you'll know that I thought the characters were great but I compared the food to... Carnival Cruise food.

You're making a really big sacrifice for the team :laughing: I mean it!

:yay:50s Prime Time... not sure we'll keep this. No one seem particularly attached to eating here. Any recommendations (keeping in mind we are going to the 9pm Fantasmic show) ?:yay:

I like Sci fi better and Brown Derby but that's 2 credits.

Rainforest Cafe. Eh. Any thoughts? Mom thinks The Nephews will like it. I want to try to get an ADR at Yak & Yeti for 12/12:30pm, but right now it's either 11:40 (too soon after breakfast for us) or 1:45pm (too close to dinner).

Eh, I haven't heard anything good about Rainforest Cafe. What about Tusker House or Sanaa? Also if you get a Landrys card you can walk up to Y&Y whenever and get seated. Yak and Yeti would be my in park pick. Landrys cards are $25, but a $25 reward goes on it and if it's whoever signed up's birthday month you'll get another $25 reward. It also works at Rainforest Cafe too if you want to go there, but I guess that wouldn't really work if you plan to use your credits. You could get a Landrys card and then do the Brown Derby with the extra credits :rotfl:

Love the spreadsheet! I'm so happy that my overly obsessive planning habits can help somebody get organized! :cutie:

Last edited:
I like Sci fi better and Brown Derby but that's 2 credits

Oh good point about Sci Fi! DH and I ate there in May and we enjoyed it! I’m going to look into it

I’d be all about skipping a TS breakfast and eating at Brown Derby (I’ve never eaten there) but no one else agrees...

This Landry’s card... can I use it to get seated as you mentioned and still use the dining plan to pay?

Re: Somewhere to eat lunch around BC, is anyone in the group a sports fan? I actually think ESPN Club is pretty decent!

I’d be all about skipping a TS breakfast and eating at Brown Derby (I’ve never eaten there) but no one else agrees...

Aw that stinks.

This Landry’s card... can I use it to get seated as you mentioned and still use the dining plan to pay?

Yeah you could. And you’d still have a year I believe to use the opening reward and you probably have a landrys restaurant near home.

Re: Somewhere to eat lunch around BC, is anyone in the group a sports fan? I actually think ESPN Club is pretty decent!

I'd say my Dad, and The Nephews like sports but not anything crazy. I'll look into the menu! Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah you could. And you’d still have a year I believe to use the opening reward and you probably have a landrys restaurant near home.

Perfect, thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!