Whatever shall I choose?? So many resorts, so little time....please help!

IvyandLace

Certified pixie dust user
Before you read any further, take a deep breath cuz this may get confusing. Ready? ;)

Okay, here's my dilemma:
I am at the start of planning a family vacation with my in-laws(first timers!) and, possibly, my DH's siblings and their families for October 2003. If just the in-laws come with DH and I (the most likely scenario), we would love to stay at the WL and have been quoted a SOG overflow rate of $150/night per room (~$177/night with tax; standard view) for two rooms. Since my DH and I have APs, we are definitely hoping for a lower rate. However, here's the dilemma: Should we book the FTP for the in-laws and hope to snag an AP rate for ourselves at the WL?? FTP comes to $2055.89 for two adults from October 18-26th standard view at WL and to $1704.47 for two adults from October 21-26th (our original dates-don't know if inlaws would or could come longer but it almost doesn't make sense not too!). Should we stick with our SOG overflow rate and avoid the FTP?? Which one makes more sense financially?

Also (to throw one more twist at you good people) I priced FTP through the All Star Resorts. My father-in-law would like to save as much as possible and we would definitely stay here if other family members joined us. FTP at All Star Music from October 18-26 for two adults is $1194.13 and from October 21-26 is $997.99.
This is definitely a big savings over WL! We have stayed at the All-Star Resorts numerous times and enjoy them so this is not a problem. I just can't seem to figure out if we should book them with FTP and wait for AP rates for us or hope for AP rates for all rooms and buy their tickets (doesn't have to be UPH) then??

Someone with better math skills...please help!! I can't seem to "crack the code" to find the best deal here.

Thanks so much!
:p IVY :p

The best deal would be to get lower rates- but with the FTP there's no guarantee- I would go ahead and book the FTP at both places if you can swing it- there is no fee to cancel if you do so before the 45 days before you go. But I would hate for you to book the WL then realize the rest of the family is coming and need the ALL-STAR to only have the rooms booked up. October can be busy due to the halloween partying and other events. So book both and wait it out- if there are no room only rates by July- you'll know to keep them- and you have to book FTP before July- so that may make it easier for you.

Tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter