What would prevent someone from doing this with the best rate program

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
I just just thinking, what would prevent someone from doing the following with the best rate promotion.

1. Person A wants to stay at Poly, GF or Contemporary, but desides that $300 nonrefundable deposit and possibility of paying a rack rate is to high so that person makes an AP reservation for POP using the new best rate promotion 120 days out and puts a nonrefundable $110 deposit down.

2. AP discount comes out 45-50 days later and Person A "upgrades" to Poly, GF or Contemporary which is one of the resorts that was wanted in the first place. Under the rules we have been told, since Person A is actually upgrading the reservation to something costing more than there original one there isn't a $50 change fee.

So basically the person was able to put down a cheaper deposit at first, get the room they wanted to start with, and isn't risking getting stuck paying $300 a night if no AP discount came out.

There is no guarantee there would still be rooms at those resorts at the discounted rate.

Sammie,

I changed the question a tad and had Person A wanting to stay at either Poly, GF or Contemporary. Under this new choice, Person A could get what he/she wanted all along with out there being much of a risk.

MagicKingdom05 said:
Sammie,

I changed the question a tad and had Person A wanting to stay at either Poly, GF or Contemporary. Under this new choice, Person A could get what he/she wanted all along with out there being much of a risk.

Could but if people being to work the system in a way that Disney does not want it worked, changes again will be made including possible even stiffer penalities and restrictions. Lets don't encourage that. :flower:

Sammie,

I agree. I think at this point having to book 120 days out and give a non-refundable deposit is as far as I want the restrictions to go.

If there is a room to upgrade to, then would Disney want it to sit empty or a Value? Would it be easier for them to fill an empty expensive room or an empty value room?

that's always a possibility. but person A is still spending more that they did to begin with at the moderate resort, so wdw is not losing on that aspect. people do that now pretty regularly. but as sammie mentioned, the discount may not be available at the deluxe resort, so book what you really want and if you don't, hope that others aren't so that the discount is still available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter