What veggies do you have planted or are you planting?

Still a little early here, but got some started indoors to move out when it's time; several varieties of heirloom tomatoes, some onions, peppers, canteloupe (our cat Beulah LOVES canteloupe!). Got most of our seeds from Seed Savers Exchange Heritage Farm in Decorah, IA; great place for heirloom/hard to find seeds.

I wouldn't mind trying a container garden. Lettuce and tom's to begin. Something small. I live in zone 4 too, so it won't be for a bit. I have cheated though and started to plant flowers. I am willing to take my chances on some color around here after such a miserable winter.

Kahana-ri said:
I wouldn't mind trying a container garden. Lettuce and tom's to begin. Something small. I live in zone 4 too, so it won't be for a bit. I have cheated though and started to plant flowers. I am willing to take my chances on some color around here after such a miserable winter.
WOW, I had NO idea that anyplace in RI was a Zone 4! The coldest zone shown on the USDA plant hardiness zone map for RI is 5b, and that's a tiny corner of the northwesternmost part of the state. Most of the state is between 6a and 7a.

cryssi said:
our backyard is almost ready for landscaping, and I want to start my little veggie garden, but really know nothing about gardening!

I want to plant kabocha (japanese pumpkin), but don't know when to start it. I suppose it should be now? We live in so. cal...

I also will probably plant green onions and maybe japanese eggplant. I'm not very good about watering though so we'll see! LOL We're going to install a drip system, maybe that will help? It gets quite hot in the summer...

My dad plants kabocha and since we live in a tropical climate, they usually grow year around. Our last crop was from the ending of last year till last month.

I've been picking asparagus here, not a lot, our soil isn't the best for it. It's taken me 13 years to get a small harvest. However, fresh asparagus really is great tasting, and it's worth it!

I'll be putting in tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers. I hope to have at least one pumpkin vine for a jack o latern!

I also get raspberries, red ones.

Bobbi :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter