What type of cast member would you be?

My daughter just finished the DCP as custodial, at a resort. She enjoyed it as the smaller area allowed her to develop great friendships with other DCP in the area and the FT CM at the resort.

I've heard many positive reviews of custodial. But it's really just not for me- not that it's below me, I'm sure it can be an amazing job! But I'm just squeamish.

But I'm just squeamish.
totally understand!! My DD called one night after her shift saying she had to be taken off their "check system" or whatever it was called (some thing where the managers get alerts if CM's aren't done with tasks by certain times) as it took her far longer than anticipated to get blood off a bathroom wall!:scared1: There is a strict protocol to follow for body fluids, but the stuff they use doesn't exactly "sit" on the spot long on a vertical surface LOL. Seems the guy had a decent nose bleed...

Yeah-probably not for me either:rotfl:

Character- Id love to be a Princess as I don't mind being touched and speaking to people or learning the parade routine! Aurora, Belle, Mary Poppins, Jasmin.. whatever!! I think id make a great Lady Tremaine or step sister as I love being evil too!

What I wouldn't want- to work on Small World as I think the song would drive me totally crazy. I'm terrible at tech so nothing with front desk.

I currently have a part time job running a small gift store, so doing something like that would work. I'm actually pretty good with customers so customer service would work for me. Angry, mean, yelling customers don't upset me.

I couldn't/wouldn't do anything that required a lot of walking or standing. Even if I didn't need a scooter, I wouldn't want to be on my feet all day.

I would love to work in the Bibbidi bobbidi boutique, and I'd hate to be a custodian.

Kevin Close once said he would like to by the guy that tours the park all day and points out things to be fixed/cleaned/painted. I think I'm with him. Disney World needs so much upkeep, even though I love it, I keep finding parts of the park that need some TLC.

100% agreed with this one LOL

My dream cast member job (as well as dream job, in general) is to be the elephant manager at Disney's Animal Kingdom! But, just to be an animal keeper at Disney World would be amazing. Nothing like combining two life passions: zookeeping and Disney!

I would be the "nice to people who are nice to me or have an actual problem, but wouldn't put up with crap from entitled customers" cast member.

Which means I'd probably last a month. At most.

As KC Mouse and ParksPixar&Pizza mentioned I'd love to be that person who points out what needs to be fixed. I'd love to do that in the restaurants. Both quick service and full service. Talk to other guests and see what their comments are about the food, cleanliness and CM attitudes are. But to make it work you'd have to have the ears of the higher ups to get things changed. There are so many really good places to eat and unfortunately so many with issues.

Dream role would either be an attractions CM at Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, or Tower of Terror OR I'd go back to the role I had during my DCP - Vacation Planner at Animal Kingdom.

The role I wouldn't want would be Costuming. I wouldn't want a role that had no guest interaction because that's where I found the fun and magic of working for Disney.

Dream jobs? Parade dancer, stage crew at Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, seamstress, Concierge services at resorts.

No way? QS food service, custodial (although I've heard the CMs have a really good time, are out and about a lot if assigned to a park, and have incredible guest interaction).

I was an attraction hostess in MK in Tomorrowland (HATED IT) and then a Reservation Agent at the DRC...
IF I were to go back I would want something in office and technical so I could have my nights and weekends free or I wont see my family again and never have time to enjoy the parks like the last time I worked for Disney... The perks are great at Disney but being that Disney is 24/7 365 they work you for sure!

DREAM: A Princess. I am the height and weight that they typically are.... I *am* however aging out and my smile lines are starting to show :upsidedow
LOVE: VIP Tour Guide
HATE: Driving the raft to Tom Sawyer Island. I am (overly) afraid of alligators and feel like I am so exposed in the canal there! *

*same thing would go for the boats at boathouse in DS, those to me scream "EAT ME!":scared:

I think I'd like to be a "Minnie Van" driver. I'd enjoy taking people from place to place around the resort, but I don't think I'd want to drive a big bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!