What to wear... Signature Dining?

HappyMomma

I'd rather be walking down Main Street, USA.
So I know you don't have to massively dress up. We've been to the Brown Derby in the past and what we normally wear seemed fine. We are normal dressers, jeans, skirts, sun dresses, tee shirts. My husband and twenty year old son don't always wear collared shirts though and I have a teenage daughter. They're the ones I worry about. We've added a bunch of new Signature Dining experiences for our upcoming trip. Will "normal" vacation clothes be okay? I'm really trying to make this a very special trip as it's likely the last one as a family together before my older two scatter to the winds. Daughter is going to boot camp in June. Semper Fi! (sniff sniff sniff) But I want them to be comfortable and not feel like the trip is a hassle.

We're going to:

Monsieur Paul
Narcoosees
Jiko
Le Cellier

I haven't been to Jiko, so I can't help with that one. For Le Cellier, I have never seen anyone dress up, that one seems everyone is just already touring the park & stops to eat. So park attire is fine. Just like HBD.

Monsieur Paul & Narcoossee's, most people are dressed a little better. Even tho MP is in the park, the atmosphere really is more like an elegant restaurant than a theme park experience. And the price point seems to help keep it as more of a "destination" meal than a somewhere you just pop in while doing rides. Women might be in nicer sundresses or capri's. Men in khakis or dockers with polos or short sleevd button down shirts. Some people will have nicer shorts but still with a better shirt. People might enter the park just to go to dinner here. Same with Narcoossee's.

You might see people in park attire at these places, but they will be in the minority I think.

With Victor & Albert being the only exception, there really isn't that strict of a dress code in affect for signature dining. No caps, cutoffs or tank tops are pretty much the only thing that will keep you from getting in. My experience has been that the in-park signatures are more casual then the resort locations.

For me personally, I usually wear a skirt and casual top/blouse to a resort signature and my son wears shorts (cargo or tailored type, not sport shorts) with a collared shirt and I would say we are in the mid range of "formal". We always travel late August and it's super hot which is why he goes in shorts, any other time of year and it would be a pair of slacks/khakis. You will see people with park clothes right up to dresses & jackets and everything in between.

Anything in the theme parks there is no need to dress up any nicer than you're dressing for a day at the theme parks.
I have worn a sundress to the parks before but usually its just jean shorts, tee shirt, and sneakers.
I've been to several signature restaurants in that attire including Le Cellier and have not seen anyone else dressed up beyond what they are wearing to the parks.

Huge plus if you don't stink....just saying :worship:

In the order of least casual to casual in my book
Narcoossee
Jiko
Monsieur Paul
Le cellier

If they guys could be persuaded to wear collared shirts to the top 2-3, they will blend in fine

If not, as long as the clothes are clean you will be fine
Enjoy the family trip

At Jiko, Flying Fish and The Hollywood Brown Derby, I wore a t-shirt, cargo shorts and sneakers. I purposely wanted to see if anyone cared, noticed or smirked.

Thank you guys! I feel better. It's easy to get them into collared shirts, cargos, not so much. Teen daughter, I'm going to have to check the suitcase before we leave. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter