What should I do?

Suestolar

Earning My Ears
Coming in to Orlando in January at 9:30pm. Want to stay at Royal Pacific club room for $330/night.
Should we stay in a cheaper hotel for that first night and then switch to Royal Pacific? I hate paying that amount and not getting any benefits. Any insight would be appreciated.

That is exactly what I would do to save some $$. $330 is a lot for one night when your not really utilizing the benefits of the hotel that day.
Pack a smaller bag with just the essentials you’ll need that night & the next morning.

It's a personal preference.

We've taken late flights and have stayed at RPR.
We fly, and do not rent a car. We use a well known car service to the resort.
We stop for groceries on the way to the resort from the airport.

I wouldn't want to transfer my luggage and groceries twice.

330 is pushing it for me.

But you’re getting the use of the hotel, the room, you get to sleep, you don’t have to get up very early to move, you could sleep in until after checkin time the next day because that room is YOURS...

We've done both and it is so much easier just biting the bullet and staying at the same hotel for the entire thing. You'll appreciate it the next morning for sure.

We had the same debate on our last trip. On a previous trip, we stayed at the Comfort Suites by the airport for our arrival night and then moved to RPR in the morning. This time we just went directly to RPR.

I have to say it was nice to just wake up and be able to head straight to the parks in the morning.

I always rent a car, so I would stay at a cheap motel for the night.

By the time you get to the hotel, it is going to be 11pm. Later if you have to stop and eat. So no need to splurge for frills.

Keep a change of clothes and essentials in your carry-on and leave the luggage in the car.

The next day, you can check in (your room won't be ready) at 7am and get your Express Passes for the park opening at 8am.

We’ve had the same debate. For us biting the bullet and checking in late night:

Cons- Cost (but we subtract cost of cheap hotel from UO hotel do we know how much were really “overpaying”, don’t get the EP benefits for check in day

Pros- Don’t have to get to the hotel at crack of dawn to check in for EP, don’t have to deal with transferring stuff and two check ins, AFTER first day at the park we go right back to our room and don’t have to bother with getting bell service and sorting out the luggage.

For us knowing that no matter where we stay we’d get to the hotel after 11 the question became would we rather get 8 hours of sleep staying onsite or 6 hours of sleep knowing we’d have to wake up early and transfer. Normally sleep wins out for us.

It really isn’t a bad thing to check in before midnight

Your room will be available to you immediately

Jakes is open to 2:00 am
So you do have a place to eat at the hotel

If you stay elsewhere that night, check in the next day to rpr, could be up to 4:00 that afternoon to be in your room

Time varies depending on how many rooms have to be vacant and cleaned before they are released to another guest

There are a few things that I would do. First club would be a relative waste since you are coming in so late. I would probably call the hotel and see if you can stay non club for the first night or better if they can discount the first night so you don't actually have to move. Other option could be to stay at cabana bay the first night. Then in the morning you can have the car service at RPR collect you and bring you to RPR.

This issue never dawned on me until I read this thread. We've booked a Club Room for our next trip and paid for 9 nights but like Suestolar, we won't be arriving until late in the evening. And am I right in thinking you don't get the club benefits on your check out day?

This issue never dawned on me until I read this thread. We've booked a Club Room for our next trip and paid for 9 nights but like Suestolar, we won't be arriving until late in the evening. And am I right in thinking you don't get the club benefits on your check out day?

On check out day can have breakfast and usually keys are disabled at check out time.

You can sometimes get access till mid afternoon, it’s worth asking. I know some have been refused this.

But you won’t be able to enjoy offerings such as evening appetisers or alcohol.

It’s not the end of the world missing out on one day to be honest. We were coming anyway and got the Club Room cheaper than a standard room so we’re good.

On our checkout day, we’ll be leaving for the airport around 6pm so hopefully they’ll allow us access till mid afternoon anyway. I’ll ask when we check in as it’ll be after 9pm when we arrive.

If it were for me, IF I could get a room the 1st night at the Hyatt Orlando ( so I didn't have to travel far ) then I would stay the 1st night there. You'll save some money but not a ton.

If I could not get that hotel and would have to start going towards the Universal area, then I would opt to stay at one of their resorts. ( Meaning Cabana Bay or even RPR ). At least transferring at one of their location should be a bit easier than one of the local hotels ( like the Doubletree ).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter