What Resorts Do You Refuse to Stay At?

czechplz

Big Al's #1 Pal
As the title says, what resorts do you refuse to stay at and why? What resorts have you stayed at, but refuse to stay at again or even stray others from staying there?

I have stayed at ASMo and I now strongly advise others not to stay there. I had a HORRENDOUS experience there that was worsened by the management's reaction to it. Without ranting too much it was a situation with a massive amount of mold in a room where someone who is highly sensitive to mold was staying, followed by rooms with more mold and a manager who seemed to never be present.

Surprisingly, I have absolutely no interest in the Poly. It seems to outdated to me and I am simply not a fan of the theming.

I would never stay at the campgrounds. I'm not a camper. Just not for me.

Also, I don't think we will ever stay at CSR. I'm not a fan of the theme, plus, my family of five won't fit in a single room.

It's not so much that I refuse to stay there but I have no interest in OKW and SSR. Or any of the values. But if someone gave me a free trip I would be there with bells on to try it out.

I refuse to stay at the campgrounds. I'm not a camper and see nothing enjoyable about it. If someone gave me a free trip but I had to camp in a tent in Florida in the heat I would pass. No way no how.

Don't know about 'refuse'- but we have stayed at the campground, 2 of the values, 3 of the moderates, and a few of the deluxes. Our preference is to not return to the campground or the values- would rather stay offsite at a property with comparable nightly rates for a nicer room in that price range. We 'probably' would not do a moderate again- although both PORs would be fine if we 'had' to stay at a moderate- IMHO they are the best value properties in WDW. We now stay at a deluxe when on property- and usually at CL. Nice rooms and amenities at a 'fair' price (as far as Disney prices are fair) when booked with an AP or FL resident discount. Would not stay there at rack rate, though- if we went during a busier time we would go offsite.

Stayed at CSR and hated it. I might have liked it better if I was in Cabanas or Ranchos, but Casitas just felt like what it is - a convention hotel. IF there was a way to guarantee not being in Casitas I might give it a chance, but since you can't reserve a section, I won't.

Contemporary has no appeal to me.

I won't stay at any value. Noisy, uncomfortable. Overpriced for what you get.

After a REALLY bad experience at CBR (and now with construction), I won't stay there and warn anyone considering it not to stay there.

I also have avoided the Contemporary for a really silly reason: I don't like how birds end up in the atrium. i also don't like the theming. its one redeeming quality, to me, is the walkability to MK!

Well, none I suppose. Not refuse anyway.
We don't camp so I guess you can say we refuse to stay there but we also can't stay where since we have no camping gear or camping ability
We won't have an entire stay at a Value resort but we will fly in late night and spend the night in one when needed. Doesn't even matter which one
I have a policy to try all of them at least once, and we have other than OKW. Got some I didn't care enough for to go back to but you know, with a remodel here, a good deal there, I'm known to change my mind.

I should add Pop to the list with the "rehab center chic" style they are going for. I liked it before, but no way would I pay to stay in what they have now.

I should add Pop to the list with the "rehab center chic" style they are going for. I liked it before, but no way would I pay to stay in what they have now.
Funny, I'm polar opposite. I refused (one resort that did make my list) to return there before but will now that they've rehabbed the rooms

Funny, I'm polar opposite. I refused (one resort that did make my list) to return there before but will now that they've rehabbed the rooms

Different strokes! :)

If it was a different feel to the design I would have no problem with it. It just feels too sterile to me.

I'm open minded, but my mother absolutely outright REFUSES to even consider the Contemporary. We were looking for a new deluxe to stay in this time around and it could not even be brought up.

I believe this due to a perceived lack of a theme. Also, with the mural on the inside she believes it looks like a main train station here in Philadelphia (which is true).

I will contend compared to the AKL where we usually stay; there is a relative lack of a theme. However, the rooms look really clean and sharp, and the walk to MK sounds amazing. Especially since the bus ride from AKL to MK is a good 25-40 minutes on which I usually have to stand.

In chronological order we've stayed at AllStarMU 4 times, POR once, Dolphin twice, Swan twice, Board Walk 6 times, POFQ once, PopCentury once. I'd stay at any of them if circumstances required it. We've been exclusively Board Walk people the last several trips using rented DVC points but on 2014 we did a trip in March on 6 days notice and everything was booked except AllStarMU. We had a good time.

Bill From PA

I wouldn't "refuse" to stay at any of them. Currently the only resorts we have not stayed at is Art of Animation, Fort Wilderness, and Grand Floridian. Would hope to stay at those too one day.

Of the places we have stayed, ones we probably wouldn't return to are the values, Riverside, Old Key West, and Saratoga. But I won't say never because if the right opportunity arose and those were our only options I would probably go for it.

Art of Animation.

The fact that most of the sleeping spaces are "pull outs" of some sort really bothers me (we are a family of 6, so we would need to use them all.) Also, the decor or the rooms is too bright and "busy" for my tastes. I feel stressed out just looking at photos of the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!