What order to see the park

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
Kids are 6 and 4 and not daredevils, they already ruled out any roller coasters. We are goin in March and are lucky enough to be going back to WDW in May when we will do magic Kingdom and Epcot.

We will have teo days in HDL, probably two 1/2 days since the kids will not last all day. So should we start in Fantasyland or Toy Story Land? Or other suggestions? Feel free to add anything else you can think of for seeing the park with kids also. Thanks!

Hong Kong Disneyland will feel a lot smaller than DLR and WDW. I understand that it is the smallest of all Disney parks anywhere in the world.

With two half days, you'll probably be able to fit everything in. Fantasyland isn't that big. There's Dumbo, IaSW, Mickey's Philharmagic, the Carousel, Winnie-the-Pooh, the teacups and the Golden Mickeys (live show). Your kids will probably do all of those.

There are 3 rides at Toy Story Land. The RC Racer is probably the coaster in the lot; and the parachute drop might be something that your kids might choose not to do. But Slinky is very gentle.

I would do the Jungle Cruise. There are 3 queues for the Jungle Cruise - English, Cantonese or Mandarin. You'll probably pick the English line.....be aware that you might not be able to understand the captain. I found my captain's accent to be rather strong and as the PA system wasn't that great, it made things quite difficult to understand. But there is an extra section of the waterway towards the end of the Cruise. It is a little bit different to WDW and DLR.

Tarzan's treehouse would be another great attraction for the kids. It's located on an island (there is no Tom Sawyer equivalent) and you catch the rafts out to the treehouse.

Will your kids want to see the Lion King show?

Your kids may well like Tomorrowland best. Autopia, Buzz lightyear astro blasters, the Orbitron might appeal. Check out the Stitch live show. They run shows in English and Chinese; so you'll need to work out when the English shows are and come back for it. They alternate between the languages every hour or so. It is a cute interactive show for kids.

When I was there, Grizzly Gulch had not opened so I can't tell you anything about it. Mystic Manor is due to open around the time that you are there.

So.....aside from the excellent Parade and the fireworks, I figure you could get all that done in the two 1/2 days.
If you are staying at the Disneyland resorts, then it will be quick and easy to get back to the park if you wanted to.

Hong Kong Disneyland will feel a lot smaller than DLR and WDW. I understand that it is the smallest of all Disney parks anywhere in the world.

With two half days, you'll probably be able to fit everything in. Fantasyland isn't that big. There's Dumbo, IaSW, Mickey's Philharmagic, the Carousel, Winnie-the-Pooh, the teacups and the Golden Mickeys (live show). Your kids will probably do all of those.

There are 3 rides at Toy Story Land. The RC Racer is probably the coaster in the lot; and the parachute drop might be something that your kids might choose not to do. But Slinky is very gentle.

I would do the Jungle Cruise. There are 3 queues for the Jungle Cruise - English, Cantonese or Mandarin. You'll probably pick the English line.....be aware that you might not be able to understand the captain. I found my captain's accent to be rather strong and as the PA system wasn't that great, it made things quite difficult to understand. But there is an extra section of the waterway towards the end of the Cruise. It is a little bit different to WDW and DLR.

Tarzan's treehouse would be another great attraction for the kids. It's located on an island (there is no Tom Sawyer equivalent) and you catch the rafts out to the treehouse.

Will your kids want to see the Lion King show?

Your kids may well like Tomorrowland best. Autopia, Buzz lightyear astro blasters, the Orbitron might appeal. Check out the Stitch live show. They run shows in English and Chinese; so you'll need to work out when the English shows are and come back for it. They alternate between the languages every hour or so. It is a cute interactive show for kids.

When I was there, Grizzly Gulch had not opened so I can't tell you anything about it. Mystic Manor is due to open around the time that you are there.

So.....aside from the excellent Parade and the fireworks, I figure you could get all that done in the two 1/2 days.
If you are staying at the Disneyland resorts, then it will be quick and easy to get back to the park if you wanted to.

We will likely skip Lion King even though I read it is better than WDW. I am not sure if they would do Parachute. I did not even consider that they might like Tomorrowland better, I will have to consider that. I will have to either get a fast pass for Buzz and do Winnie or the other way. The kids do not know there is a HDL so it will be a total surprise for them so I cannot get their input!

Oh, and we are staying at JW Marriott, I wish we were doing Disneyland for a hotel.

I like the HK public transport system. The MTR is fairly easy to navigate and goes almost everywhere that a tourist would want to visit. The Marriott will be nice. Is it the one near Admiralty? If so and if you are using the MTR, it will be easy enough to get to Disney from there.

I like the HK public transport system. The MTR is fairly easy to navigate and goes almost everywhere that a tourist would want to visit. The Marriott will be nice. Is it the one near Admiralty? If so and if you are using the MTR, it will be easy enough to get to Disney from there.

Yes, it is the one near Admiralty and we will be using the MTR. DH goes once or twice a year to HK so he knows it fairly well but does not know Disney at all and even though he has stayed on HK side a few times he knows Kowloon much better since he lived there from 7yo to 12yo. I am getting so excited and my kids are crazy and half packed already, lol. Then after this trip we will be going to WDW 8 weeks later!

I put together this plan for my wife and our 9-year old who were going with her sister and her 4-year old. (I had a differrent plan for a day they went on their own)
It worked pretty well.
They noted that the morning is very quiet and it was a great time to hit the busy rides. For example they rode Grizzley Gulch a few times first thing with no lines. I note that your young folk will not like this ride though.
Fastpass times are enforced here, and the concept of queues is a bit foreign there, with "cutsies" being quite common

9:30am
Arrive At least 30 minutes prior to opening.

10.00 Park Open
Proceed directly to rope drop straight down main street to the left hand side and make your way to Adventureland.
As you are walking briskly past the "Festival of the Lion King" confirm the show times.
Keep proceeding under the railway toward Grizzly Gulch.

Line up for the Big Grizzley Mountain Runaway Ride Cars. Ride it twice if you can. Parents can do a child swap.
Duck back to Fantasyland to grab FASTPASS for Winnie the Pooh and then proceed to Toy Story Land.

10:20
Proceed past the soon to be opened Mystic Manor to Toy Story Land.
Ride the RC Racer, Parachute Jump and the Slink Dog Spin.
Get some cool photos and have a snack.
If you haven't yet send a runner to Fantasyland to grab FASTPASS for Winnie the Pooh.

11:00
Make your way to Fantasyland, do the Carousel, ride Dumbo (if the line isn't too long) and the Tea Cups.
Ride it's a Small World
While you are there check the showtimes for "The Golden Mickeys" (5:00, 6:15) for later on.
Note the FASTPASS time for Winnie the Pooh (they enforce the return time)
After Winnie the Pooh send a runner to get a FASTPASS for Buzz LIghtyear in Tomorrowland.
If there is a session starting go and see Mickey Philarmagic (3D movie).

12:30
Either lunch at the Royal Banquet Hall (K) OR
Make your way to Tomorrowland,
Have lunch at the Starliner Diner (Q).
Ride the Autopia or if the line is too long
Check the English times for Stich Encounter (like Talking with Crush).
If the line isn't too long, ride the Orbitron.
Ride Buzz Lightyear
Afterwards get a FASTPASS for Space Mountain for later (for the grown ups)

2:30
Make your way across the central hub to Adventureland.
Ride the English Jungle Cruise
The kids might enjoy catching the rafts over to play on Tarzans Treehouse and/or
Have a play at Liki Tikis (water squirting play area) and have a snack.

3:30
If you need to duck back to get a FASTPASS for Space Mountain, do it now .
Check out the Flights of Fanasty Parade from the central hub near the entrance to Adventureland

Go directly to the Festival of the Lion King show

5:00
Swing back over to Fanatasyland to see "The Golden Mickeys"
Hop on the train at the Fantasyland station and ride it right around and then get off at Main Street

5:30
Head back to Tomorrowland to see the Stich Encounter (if you haven't already)
Ride Space Mountain. Grab another FASTPASS for later on.

6:00 - 7:30
Head to Main Street to grab a bite to eat
Skoosh over to Grizzly Gulch and give the mine cars another go if you can. It will be awesome at night

7:30
Ride Space Mountain again then watch the fireworks from the central hub

8:00
Check out the shops in Main Street

We will likely skip Lion King even though I read it is better than WDW. I am not sure if they would do Parachute. I did not even consider that they might like Tomorrowland better, I will have to consider that. I will have to either get a fast pass for Buzz and do Winnie or the other way. The kids do not know there is a HDL so it will be a total surprise for them so I cannot get their input!

Oh, and we are staying at JW Marriott, I wish we were doing Disneyland for a hotel.

Well that's a shame that you'll skip Lion King. They're shutting the one in WDW down this month so this might be the last time you'll be able to see it.

I put together this plan for my wife and our 9-year old who were going with her sister and her 4-year old. (I had a differrent plan for a day they went on their own)
It worked pretty well.
They noted that the morning is very quiet and it was a great time to hit the busy rides. For example they rode Grizzley Gulch a few times first thing with no lines. I note that your young folk will not like this ride though.
Fastpass times are enforced here, and the concept of queues is a bit foreign there, with "cutsies" being quite common

9:30am
Arrive At.....
Fantastic! I've been looking for some kind of plan. I'll def. use this, (with some small mods as I'm pregnant and will be going with a toddler in tow,) on my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter