What movies to prepare my boys?

Oeg

Earning My Ears
We leave for WDW in two weeks, and I need movie recommendations to both get my boys excited and that will help them better appreciate some of the attractions. They’re 7 and 8.

We’re going to MK, AK, and Epcot.

They’ve seen the Nemo movies, Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo, POC, Little Mermaid, and some Christmas movies featuring Mickey and the gang, but that’s pretty much it. I’m hoping to download a few more good ones to watch before we go and for our travel down

Tangled (my fave, and the best float in the FoF parade)
Brave
Monsters Inc
Avatar (just kidding! You don't need to see the movie to appreciate the land, and they're a bit young for this one.)

It'll be tough to watch everything before you go. I'd say just take the stuff you have seen and make sure you hit those attractions. Like if your kids like Nemo make sure you do the Nemo ride. Meet the characters they already know etc....

Toy Story! My boys...13, 9, & 3...love all the Toy Story movies! And your boys will love the Buzz Lightyear ride at MK.

For us, watching all the Disney clAssics in the weeks leading up to our trip is part of the fun and anticipation. I also recommend Cinderella and Snow White, and Lion King. With those and what they’ve already seen they should be able to relate to almost all the attractions there.

If you have Netflix and/or Amazon Prime (Don't recall which one has it), there was a series of Disney Parks documentaries from Destination America, that were great to watch. My kids loved them, and we try and watch them before every trip. If you don't have those, they are also available on YouTube and occasionally re-run on Destination America.

Here's the link to one of them:

For boys that age I would say toy story and monster inc., at least the 1st ones. my son also loved avatar but he has older siblings. My nieces and nephews still can't sit through non animation so it depends on their maturity level. Really, anything Disney will get them (and you) excited. Have a great trip!!!!

I think depending on how many you're trying to watch my top 4 would be - monsters inc, toy story, lion king and Peter Pan. If you are doing a character meal I might watch movie so involving those characters as well. Also, id suggest just watching videos of the parks on YouTube as well!

Have they been introduced to Winnie the Pooh? If not, I suggest The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. It will definitely make that ride more enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!