What is your not so normal item to pack, which is helpful while at WDW ?

Many people have mentioned how awful the tap water is in the rooms and at the parks. When we check in, one of the first things that I do is fill a container (usually a pot since we are usually in a villa with a kitchen, but can be a bowl or large cups) with cold tap water. Then I leave it uncovered, overnight, in the morning, 90% of the bad taste is gone, and it is drinkable. I am a tea drinker, and cannot drink it unless I "age" the water first. On my past trip I brought a filter to attach to the kitchen sink, but the faucet was not the same size as a standard sink, so I had to go back to my aging process. It really works, I just have to remember to refill my container when necessary.

I will start a list of not so normal items to pack for use at WDW.

We also bring a power bar with at least 8 outlets in it. We use the power bar to plug in our 4 cell phones, camera batteries, ipods, and anything else which needs charging. It helps when there are only 2 or 3 plus available to charge things at night. :goodvibes

I realize this post was made back in the day before common availability of multi-port USB chargers. I saw someone else talk about bringing one in a post a couple of years ago. I wanted to update the thread with a model recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJ79UK6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We are a family of five with iPhones, iPods, smart watches and other stuff. Setting up the multi-port USB is much quicker than the power strip.

I also bring a small LED tactical flashlight. You can select between white/red light. The red light is great for finding stuff in the dark without ruining everyone's night vision.

I realize this post was made back in the day before common availability of multi-port USB chargers. I saw someone else talk about bringing one in a post a couple of years ago. I wanted to update the thread with a model recommendation:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJ79UK6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We are a family of five with iPhones, iPods, smart watches and other stuff. Setting up the multi-port USB is much quicker than the power strip.

I also bring a small LED tactical flashlight. You can select between white/red light. The red light is great for finding stuff in the dark without ruining everyone's night vision.

We also brought a USB "tower" with us on our last two trips. Extremely useful!!

Power strips for 4 cellphones, 2 laptops, and 2 ipads. Not to mention the Nintendo DSs... I ahve brought air freshener on many trips. DH and the kids can get pretty ripe :crazy2:

I haven't seen the Shout Wipes, but I take a Tide to go pen in my bag. I got laughed at when I packed it, and every single person in our group used it at least one time. Now I just carry one all the time!

Many people have mentioned how awful the tap water is in the rooms and at the parks. When we check in, one of the first things that I do is fill a container (usually a pot since we are usually in a villa with a kitchen, but can be a bowl or large cups) with cold tap water. Then I leave it uncovered, overnight, in the morning, 90% of the bad taste is gone, and it is drinkable. I am a tea drinker, and cannot drink it unless I "age" the water first. On my past trip I brought a filter to attach to the kitchen sink, but the faucet was not the same size as a standard sink, so I had to go back to my aging process. It really works, I just have to remember to refill my container when necessary.

Interesting! Thank you for sharing that!

I haven't brought it to WDW yet, but I've used it on a few other trips. It will be going with me on all future WDW trips.

handpresso-pump-black.jpg

It is a hand pump operated espresso maker. It makes a pretty good cup, just add hot water.

I still have to wait in line at Joffrey's while in the park, but this saves a lot of time in the mornings.

My "not-so-normal" list for a WDW or DL trip includes:
  • for WDW - insect bite salve from Medicine of the People. It is THE mosquito bite ointment/salve that actually works for our family. Put some on a bug bite and it stops itching and stays that way for HOURS. This stuff is amazing.
  • 1 quart-sized ziplock bag per person
  • an insulated water bottle
  • if we're going to do laundry on the trip, a couple of Tide pods.
  • Body Glide - that we rub all over our feet before putting on shoes & socks (or just sandals).
  • a multi-port USB charger similar to this. Allows you to charge multiple phones and batteries all at the same time.

Chapstick with sunscreen- no sunburned lips. Also can be used to cover the part in your hair.

This is so amazing! My daughter has thin blonde hair. I always worry about her scalp getting sunburned, and she won't wear a hat no matter how cute they are.

I used to travel a great deal for work, so most of these hints I knew already. I've been reading the thread - alllll of it as a reminder. I have a list app on my phone with a pack list and I add stuff to it as I read the thread. But, this and the balloon in the room were new to me.

This is so amazing! My daughter has thin blonde hair. I always worry about her scalp getting sunburned, and she won't wear a hat no matter how cute they are.

I used to travel a great deal for work, so most of these hints I knew already. I've been reading the thread - alllll of it as a reminder. I have a list app on my phone with a pack list and I add stuff to it as I read the thread. But, this and the balloon in the room were new to me.
Sun Bum also makes a hair/scalp sunscreen mist that's easy to apply.

Check this out from Feb. 8th Travel and Answer questions on the youtube channel of Disunlimited Travel. It will add to the conversation for sure...
Go to : 51:01/1:07:31
John, Kevin and Tracey help this thread out for sure!

I did not read the entire thread but for anyone with penny-smashing people in their group I save the small tube containers from M&M minis and “pre-load” them in the order : quarter, quarter, penny, quarter, quarter, penny, (repeat).
I also bring an electric water kettle to make tea, and we bring our own plastic straws in a ziploc (bendy ones fit nicely) because we don’t like how the paper ones fall apart in frozen drinks.

Attachments

• B3302E45-D434-49AD-84BD-BD3434051F71.jpeg
    B3302E45-D434-49AD-84BD-BD3434051F71.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 1
I am only on page 83, but I'm adding this for people that might start at the end.

I use a list app on my phone. It has a packing list and a few shopping lists. I add stuff to the packing list as I think of it. (And while reading this thread) It is also handy for grocery lists. I used to be so bad about leaving them at home, that when DH would ask if I had the grocery list as I left the house, I said thank you instead of getting defensive. Also handy for when DH asks me to get something at the grocery store, I can just say "Add it to the list app"

Another hint to help you remember where you left off. Bookmark this thread and then change the Title and the address to the next page every time you stop.

This applies to the Fort if you have a tent and the space in your car: Those square floor mats that fit together like a puzzle. Though we have a camper, we also have a side tent as our "living room," and that shell-gravelly stuff they have is pretty hard under foot. I picked up a couple of packages (10x10 tent) and put them down, no problem, felt like walking on carpet. Extra bonus: our first time using them it deluged out, and our tent flooded--but the squares stayed above the water so whatever I had on the floor of the tent stayed dry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!