What is your favourite part of a DVC resort?

HatboxGhoul

There's always room for one more...
So I've been a DVC member since March 1991, and I like many are probably set in their ways.
However, after joining this site and seeing that there many more reasons to love things at DVC resorts.

My personal most favourite thing is the staff in the community halls.

What is the thing you love at DVC resorts the most?

In some hotels, the coffee pot is in the bathroom. Whether in a kitchenette or in a full kitchen, I like having coffee in my DVC villa made in a very convenient place!

The extra space that we would never pay for with a cash reservation. And having a washer/dryer that allows us to pack 1/2 the amount of clothing.

The check-out blues are less because we know we'll be back! (Plus all that the PP have listed.)

It's hard to narrow it down to just one thing. Previous posters all have listed excellent things that we enjoy as well. But, I'll add something to the list...

It's really nice having the kitchen. We can prepare a decent, early breakfast so to be in the parks for rope-drop. We're not much for counter-service meals, so especially when we are travelling with the kids and grand kids, even with Tables in Wonderland, two sit-down meals a day for 8 at Disney restaurants would break the (my) bank. We still eat out, but no longer for every meal. The kitchen helps a ton!

I like being able to enjoy the pool and other hotel activities without feeling guilty that I'm not in the parks. It makes my vacations so much more relaxing. I'll be back, I can ride that ride next time I visit. Let there be swimming!

Last edited:
Space, kitchens, w/d, price = all good. But I agree with op, community hall is my fave and that is mainly due to the staff. We have always had a great experience at every hall every time. So much so that we will now only stay in DVC that have one.

Eating a hot breakfast in my room in my pajamas. Another vote for the kitchen. We generally eat breakfast and dinner in our room. I don't necessarily like cooking on vacation, but we fix quick meals and now that my kids are older, we take turns cooking and cleaning. It saves us tons of money.

Now that our girls are older we also love the extra space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter