What is your favorite Disney Resort as a teen?

I have only been to the Swan & Dolphin resorts, but I love them! The boardwalk is near by and there are boats to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. If you were planning on staying at the property for the day though, I would not necessarily suggest it, but you can always go right to the Beach & Yacht club nearby which has an amazing pool area!

This is a tough one for me! I have several favorites, in each range of categories:
  • POP Century Resort: I like watching how things have changed.
  • Boardwalk Resort: Who can resist the fun, boardwalk atmosphere here?!
  • Coronado Springs: For what it is, it is awesome!
  • Contemporary Resort; Beautiful Property!

While I didn't get to go to WDW until I was an adult, I was in Jr. High when WDW opened, I was always a technophile, and after watching the promos and Grand Opening, I had always wanted to stay in the original Contemporary Tower, on the side facing the park. On my first two Disney trips, I got my wish, staying on the 11th floor of the Contemporary in 1991 and 1992, and on that second trip, buying in to DVC OKW. OKW has been my favorite DVC resort ever since, but I do still have very fonds memories of the Contemporary. That was before Chef Mickey's was relocated (it was still at Disney Village), and that area on the concourse was occupied by the Concourse Steakhouse. I also remember the Broadway at the Top dinner show, where California Grill is now located.

Coronado Springs! I love the Mexican theming, as well as the hammocks down on the beach and all the pretty string lights at night. Plus, being a bit of a history geek, I appreciate the giant Mayan temple at the pool. All that being said, the renovation is giving me major anxiety :scared:

Luckily, if the resort loses its luster for me after I visit post-reno (I'm staying there on my next trip), I have a lot of other favorites too. I've always wanted to visit NOLA, so of course I love Port Orleans (both parts). When my family owned DVC, our home was Bay Lake Tower, so I have a soft spot for that (and the Contemporary). I adore the theming of the Poly, of course (who doesn't), and I have a lot of good memories at Beach Club (it helps that I'm a big fan of the beach).

I also really like Art of Animation b/c I hope to someday become an animator myself :earsgirl:

Polynesian. It's beautiful, peaceful, smells good, and is right next to my favorite park. You really do feel like you're in one big family as soon as you step in and to be able to see Space Mountain and Cindy's castle every morning is amazing.

The Boardwalk will always be my favorite. I could walk to my favorite parks (EPCOT and Studios) and the Bakery/Ample Hills was were I spent 30% of my snack credits. Plus, the theming is amazing

My favorite is Old Key West. We are DVC owners there and have been staying there for years. For me, it's a lot of nostalgia. I actually love that resort so much that I had my senior pictures done there this past July. I have to mention the Polynesian as well because it's a very close second. I like being able to get a Dole Whip without a park ticket while still being able to see Cinderella Castle. ;)

For the atmosphere and overall experience, I have to say the Polynesian. Its awesome dining choices and beautiful and imaginative atmosphere are second to none, and the pool is so much fun. But my close second is the BoardWalk, because I love the aesthetic over there as well and I love its close proximity to Epcot. I mean there's just such an energy over there on a Friday night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!