What is your average Disney vacation stay?

What is your average length of stay (in days) at Walt Disney World Florida?

• 5 days or less - on Disney property hotel

• 5 days or less - off Disney property hotel

• 6 to 8 days - on Disney property hotel

• 6 to 8 days - off Disney property hotel

• 9 to 10 days - on Disney property hotel

• 9 to 10 days - off Disney property hotel

• 11 - 14 days - on Disney property hotel

• 11 - 14 days - off Disney property hotel

• more than 14 days - on Disney property hotel

• more than 14 days - off Disney property hotel

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think it's been over a decade - possibly 15 years-- since I've gone for more than 3 nights, 4 days (or very rarely, 4 nights, 5 days)

This isn't by choice, I just can't afford to go for longer even with my DVC membership, in terms of both money and vacation days. One day I'll get there for a proper week+ vacation again.

On the other hand, we go every year and I'm about to take my 38th trip, so honestly, it's not like we have to do everything every time. It always feels too short, but it's still a blast.

We are staying 9 nights. We drive down so we don't do anything the first night (16 hour drive). 7 days in the parks with 1 break day at the pool. And leave at checkout on our last to do the 16 hour return trip.

14 nights for us. Fly in from the UK so any less then that wouldn't feel like long enough to justify the trip to me.

We are staying 9 nights. We drive down so we don't do anything the first night (16 hour drive). 7 days in the parks with 1 break day at the pool. And leave at checkout on our last to do the 16 hour return trip.
We are staying 9 nights

We bought AP for June 2015 to June 2016, so that changed things. Before that, our trips were between 10 and 16 days. During our AP year, we had trips of:
16 days
3 days
5 days
5 days
4 days
17 days

All off property, we never stay on.

I have stayed for shorter stays when I've had to, but I'll generally fight for at least a week. However, as soon as I can afford it, I'm there for two weeks or more.

I have stayed for shorter stays when I've had to, but I'll generally fight for at least a week. However, as soon as I can afford it, I'm there for two weeks or more.
Trying 9 days this time but that's steep at AKL .praying the savanna room is worth the price

With the exception of our trip last January so I could run the half marathon (had to cut that one short due to kids being in school) we do 7 nights....always Saturday to Saturday we used to do off season, but now that I have high schoolers will be sticking to summer. We have DVC so always stay onsite. I would love to go longer....I can take up to 2 weeks off in the summer months, but my husband refuses to take more than a week off of work at a time, and he wants to be home by saturday night so he can relax at home on Sunday. We like to fly early....usually the first flight to Orlando and the first flight home. If I know I"m leaving....I just want to leave....I don't enjoy being in Disney knowing I'm leaving later that day. Its weird...I know. 10-14 days sounds great to me....lots of time to relax by the pool

Last edited:
With the exception of our trip last January so I could run the half marathon (had to cut that one short due to kids being in school) we do 7 nights....always Saturday to Saturday we used to do off season, but now that I have high schoolers will be sticking to summer. We have DVC so always stay onsite. I would love to go longer....I can take up to 2 weeks off in the summer months, but my husband refuses to take more than a week off of work at a time, and he wants to be home by saturday night so he can relax at home on Sunday. We like to fly early....usually the first flight to Orlando and the first flight home. If I know I"m leaving....I just want to leave....I don't enjoy being in Disney knowing I'm leaving later that day. Its weird...I know. 10-14 days sounds great to me....lots of time to relax by the pool
I get how you feel. My wife can only handle up to a week at a time. Of course money is a real issue, too. The plan is when I retire I get my two weeks, but my wife will only come for one. That will be the best of both worlds. Now I just have to wait the 15 years.

Wasn't sure to post this poll but, I'm curious to the average length of stay at Walt Disney.

We're thinking between 10 to 14 days and, want to know if that lenth of time is too long, not long enough or just about right.

Thanks!

My family always goes for 8 days. 5 normally in the parks and the others are spent hopping resort, Disney Springs and other Orlando attractions. As long as you have one full day in each park youre set and even then you still want to return and do favorites over and over.

We've done two five-night WDW trips so far, because 4 to 5 nights is our usual DLR trip length. Next WDW trip, though, we want to do a solid week. That way my partner can haunt the pool and I can haunt MK without guilt.

Usually a week. We've stayed as little as 4 days and as long as 2.5 weeks.

We usually stay for a week, however our trip next week is only for 5 days 4 nights. It's going to go by too fast! :(

9 nights for us this trip! Staying off-site to save some $$. Spending 6 days at Disney, 2 at Universal and one at the Kennedy Space Center.

It's been 15 years since our last trip - really looking forward to seeing all the changes!

Most of the time we go we stay on property for 10 days this next time we go arriving September 24 and departing October 1 is only a week because 2 of our 3 children are school age and they just started. They will only miss 5 days of school because the first 2 days are the weekend.

I've never stayed longer than four nights (with three park days)--haven't been able to afford longer than that at a Disney resort, and my family has always found a shorter time on-property to be more worthwhile for us than a longer time in an off-property hotel. I'm delighted that, between the September discounts and very diligent saving by my significant other, we'll be able to take a six-night honeymoon and have five days in the parks!

Voted for 14+ days as we've stayed onsite for 18 days previously, are planning for 21 next year (but not sure if on or offsite though!) As we're flying from UK, we'd never do less than 14 nights.

We go 7-8 nights, ALWAYS on property. The kid's schooling keeps us from going closer to 10 nights. That would be my ideal.

Our first trip we went for 12 days and went to the parks 5 days and water parks 1 day. The rest were rest days (rented a house off site with a pool) and one day in Clearwater, FL visiting Winter and Hope. Our next trip is planned for May and is 11 days with 7 days in the parks and 4 rest days. We are staying 3 days at AKL and the rest at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek which is on site.

We always leave home on a Saturday and return home the following Saturday. We usually stay somewhere off site on Saturday night and then on property the next 6 nights with 6 day park passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter