What is up with all these wrong discount rates?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
I've never seen anything like this before. The Florida resident rate for September is out now and it's exactly the same as the Annual Passholder problem. All the moderates are showing as $700 and above when the rack rate room is $200. Wilderness is showing for over $1,000. I thought this might have been a glitch when they did the update on the 9th because the general discount was being weird. But they clearly aren't fixing this issue.

Has anyone been able to call and get an actual discount for these hotels that have the weirdly high rates online?

I really hope this doesn't continue into the October discounts. I've never stayed rack rate before, but some of these hotels its the only cheaper option. :(

Something is wrong with their system. I'm just looking for a room in October and it's showing every single room at every resort as unavailable.

I am seeing weirdness for November dates too. For Nov 4-11 I am only seeing 5 resorts and 4 of them are over $600. I played around with some split stay dates and see more availability but when I click on the hotel to see what room is being offered there is no availability. If I was not Disney obsessed and familiar with these blogs I would probably have given up and booked offsite or maybe even changed my trip. It makes me nervous that there is plenty of availability in the summer but it looks like the Fall is practically sold out.

These rates can't be real. If someone books a moderate at the $800 is Disney actually going to take that money and not tell those people the rack rate is really $200? I wish they'd get this fixed

I've never seen anything like this before. The Florida resident rate for September is out now and it's exactly the same as the Annual Passholder problem. All the moderates are showing as $700 and above when the rack rate room is $200. Wilderness is showing for over $1,000. I thought this might have been a glitch when they did the update on the 9th because the general discount was being weird. But they clearly aren't fixing this issue.

Has anyone been able to call and get an actual discount for these hotels that have the weirdly high rates online?

I really hope this doesn't continue into the October discounts. I've never stayed rack rate before, but some of these hotels its the only cheaper option. :(

FWIW, I started another thread in the resorts board about unavailability in September and October. There's a few folks saying that October has become the new "busy season" and it's probably not a website issue, but that the resorts are legitimately booked up due to high crowds. People seem to be split 50/50 on it though. I just really don't know. I spoke with 3 CM's on the phone, and when I told them my dates (10/15-21), all of them were seriously surprised at the lack of availability. I'm willing to blame the website, knowing that it's had tons of issues in the past. But I think the best thing to do is to see if any more availability comes around when the RO discounts past 10/7 come out.

FWIW, I started another thread in the resorts board about unavailability in September and October. There's a few folks saying that October has become the new "busy season" and it's probably not a website issue, but that the resorts are legitimately booked up due to high crowds. People seem to be split 50/50 on it though. I just really don't know. I spoke with 3 CM's on the phone, and when I told them my dates (10/15-21), all of them were seriously surprised at the lack of availability. I'm willing to blame the website, knowing that it's had tons of issues in the past. But I think the best thing to do is to see if any more availability comes around when the RO discounts past 10/7 come out.
The availability isn't really what I'm seeing. Without clicking on a discount I have almost all the resorts to choose from for my stay. But when I click on either Annual Passholder or Florida Resident the prices get weird. Moderates showing as $800 when rack rate is $200. And It shows the room available at that price. Wilderness lodge shows $1,000 but when you click on it there isn't any rooms. Normally if a hotel has no hotel rooms for the deal it won't show up on the initial screen where these crazy prices are. It's definitely a glitch with their website.

I ended up cancelling my reservation. So many issues attempting to use the UOC I received via email for the fall. Plus the prices don't seem correct on the website. Maybe next year...

I ended up cancelling my reservation. So many issues attempting to use the UOC I received via email for the fall. Plus the prices don't seem correct on the website. Maybe next year...
The prices are definitely wrong for many hotels. It is frustrating I wish they'd fix the problem.

The availability isn't really what I'm seeing. Without clicking on a discount I have almost all the resorts to choose from for my stay. But when I click on either Annual Passholder or Florida Resident the prices get weird. Moderates showing as $800 when rack rate is $200. And It shows the room available at that price. Wilderness lodge shows $1,000 but when you click on it there isn't any rooms. Normally if a hotel has no hotel rooms for the deal it won't show up on the initial screen where these crazy prices are. It's definitely a glitch with their website.
Just wondering. Do you have some screen shots?

Just wondering. Do you have some screen shots?
Sure I just went on the website and searched for the annual passholder discount for my dates of 9/28-10/1

As you can see these room rates are crazy. Beach Club and Animal Kingdom I could believe them because they do have club suites. But Wilderness doesn't have a room near that price

upload_2017-6-28_14-33-20.png

Here is a screenshot of the rack rate rooms:

upload_2017-6-28_14-36-20.png

Clicking into Wilderness Lodge the most expensive room is $628

upload_2017-6-28_14-37-21.png

If you click on the rooms with the discount and the crazy rate it shows everything as unavailable. Am I missing something? Did Wilderness Lodge become really expensive?

I just pulled another day for rack rate that showed the most expensive Wilderness Lodge room and it was around $250 more than the Standard Club room. So that still wouldn't be the double rate of $1,200 I'm seeing for the discount. The ones with accurate rates have rooms show when I click through. The ones I think are wrong show no room availability.

I have had this same problem trying to get an AP rate for September since last week - same wacky prices and no availability at all for moderates and values. Since I was already booked in a value I did call. For the first 2 calls, both agents were able to see Passholder rates available, but they couldn't get it to work either. Thankfully they put enough notes in my file so when I called on Monday, and after they spoke with Guest Services, I was able to get my rate. Worse part is that when you call you get the recorded message to "did you know you can make your changes on-line". But nothing works. It's a mess.

I have had this same problem trying to get an AP rate for September since last week - same wacky prices and no availability at all for moderates and values. Since I was already booked in a value I did call. For the first 2 calls, both agents were able to see Passholder rates available, but they couldn't get it to work either. Thankfully they put enough notes in my file so when I called on Monday, and after they spoke with Guest Services, I was able to get my rate. Worse part is that when you call you get the recorded message to "did you know you can make your changes on-line". But nothing works. It's a mess.
I'm glad I'm not the only one having problems lol. I switched to a different hotel than I originally had, but it wouldn't work online so I had to cancel my order and rebook a new one. I really hope when the next discount comes out this issue will go away.

Sure I just went on the website and searched for the annual passholder discount for my dates of 9/28-10/1

As you can see these room rates are crazy. Beach Club and Animal Kingdom I could believe them because they do have club suites. But Wilderness doesn't have a room near that price

View attachment 247538

View attachment 247539

View attachment 247540

If you click on the rooms with the discount and the crazy rate it shows everything as unavailable. Am I missing something? Did Wilderness Lodge become really expensive?
Oh wow ok that is just so weird. Now I just put in your dates and 2 adults but here's what a screenshot of what I'm seeing without passholder, florida resident, etc (because I'm not one of those):

But when it comes to Wilderness Lodge this is what I see:
upload_2017-6-28_14-8-37.png

I have noticed that for certain resorts at certain times the initial page tends to show you the most expensive option so you have to click into the actual resort itself to view the other rooms available. Is it possible that for Wilderness it is showing the rate for the Deluxe Room-Club Level Access even though from what I'm gathering based on your screen shot (with the passholder discount) and my screen shot (from enchanted escape room rate) it's not available for your dates?
upload_2017-6-28_14-17-10.png

IDK just thinking out loud here. I'm wondering if the displays are all messed up because the discounts are programmed in there. Thanks for the screenshots though that might help out with some ideas of what's going on.

ETA: OMG I just realized that your Passholder Enchanted Escape Room Rate listed on the initial page is the EXACT price as just the normal Enchanted Escape Room Rate for Wilderness Lodge....is that normal for the rates to be the same?

Oh wow ok that is just so weird. Now I just put in your dates and 2 adults but here's what a screenshot of what I'm seeing without passholder, florida resident, etc (because I'm not one of those):

But when it comes to Wilderness Lodge this is what I see:
View attachment 247543

I have noticed that for certain resorts at certain times the initial page tends to show you the most expensive option so you have to click into the actual resort itself to view the other rooms available. Is it possible that for Wilderness it is showing the rate for the Deluxe Room-Club Level Access even though from what I'm gathering based on your screen shot (with the passholder discount) and my screen shot (from enchanted escape room rate) it's not available for your dates?
View attachment 247545

IDK just thinking out loud here. I'm wondering if the displays are all messed up because the discounts are programmed in there. Thanks for the screenshots though that might help out with some ideas of what's going on.
I think the discounts are applied for some of the rooms, maybe the weird rates are for the sold out rooms. The Deluxe room club is sold out, but for a different day it showed the room as $250 more expensive than the other expensive room. That wouldn't put it near $1,200. It's weird it showing the most expensive, when I went in May all the discounts showed the cheapest rate. I was just in a bit of shock when so many hotels were showing over $1,000 for the night. Normally the discount is actually helpful. I've never stayed rack rate before. When I went to Disney last September I got some really awesome rates we stayed at Contemporary in the tower for $400

View attachment 247538

View attachment 247539

View attachment 247540

Can you show a screen shot after you click into one specific resort via the discount (like you did for one non-discounted room)? Maybe there is only availability in the suites, and that's why you see the crazy prices. What shows up once clicking in to a single resort via the discount?

I think the discounts are applied for some of the rooms, maybe the weird rates are for the sold out rooms. The Deluxe room club is sold out, but for a different day it showed the room as $250 more expensive than the other expensive room. That wouldn't put it near $1,200. It's weird it showing the most expensive, when I went in May all the discounts showed the cheapest rate. I was just in a bit of shock when so many hotels were showing over $1,000 for the night. Normally the discount is actually helpful. I've never stayed rack rate before. When I went to Disney last September I got some really awesome rates we stayed at Contemporary in the tower for $400
I totally understand.

I've posted in a couple of threads with screenshots showing how sometimes the price shown on the first page turns out to be the most expensive option. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason either why sometimes it does that and other times it doesn't.

Whatever the reason is it def. isn't helpful :(

Boy, if those September/October rates are "real", I think I'd start a new tradition that doesn't involve a Disney resort, such as touring fall leaf colors in the Appalachia or the Rockies.

Can you show a screen shot after you click into one specific resort via the discount (like you did for one non-discounted room)? Maybe there is only availability in the suites, and that's why you see the crazy prices. What shows up once clicking in to a single resort via the discount?
Some of them only have one suite available so the crazy rate is real. The ones that I think aren't correct show no availability for any of the rooms.

I totally understand.

I've posted in a couple of threads with screenshots showing how sometimes the price shown on the first page turns out to be the most expensive option. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason either why sometimes it does that and other times it doesn't.

Whatever the reason is it def. isn't helpful :(
Them hoping we only book suites instead of standard?

Boy, if those September/October rates are "real", I think I'd start a new tradition that doesn't involve a Disney resort, such as touring fall leaf colors in the Appalachia or the Rockies.
some of them are. I've never seen anything like this before it makes me want to stay off property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!