What is the great exchange rate allowing you to do?

perthgirl

Mouseketeer
My family goes to Florida every few years to see my dad and I have NEVER had such a great exchange rate before - EVER! Interested to see what the difference has made to you. For us it is the ability to splurge on premium economy coming home on V Australia after 5 weeks away. What about you?

:woohoo: for us it allows us to splurge $550 on 1 night at Niagra Falls with a view of Canadian and USA Falls :woohoo:

We stayed in some fancier hotels that we wouldn't have been able to stay in before.

Currently just over $1.03 (source xe.com)

More spening money or the trip is becoming more of a bargain. We've book and paid for DW inkling accom, meal plan, flights, paid the accom around $1.02. Our holiday is budgeted at 90c so we do really well.

We are doing the premium economy on V Australia as well. We are the tall family - DS13 is nearly 6'1 - so every bit of leg room helps!

Also we are heading the Bahamas for 5 nights :scared1: I'm still in shock over this one! DH used to be in the British navy & spent 6 months there on the ship. He hasn't shut up about it since, & came up with the idea last week when the dollar hit $1.02, we booked & paid for it on Friday night, and it was so fabulous to see the amount in the AUD column so much cheaper that the USD column.....my head is still spinning!

We know how lucky we are to be doing all of this, we just have to get the kids to realise now! :rolleyes1 How long do you think that will take?

This morning at the conference the US presenter mentioned their company just purchased another company for US$300m. He then said, joking... "what's that,... About $2-250m Australian?". Audience laughed.

And it just keeps going up

This is fantastic

Just wish I had some cash to take advantage of it

Hope it stays high

my son just opened his tin that he has been putting all his money in for our trip.
He has $187.00 - looks like Mum will have to top him up to make the minimum $200 I can change at the Post office - He is getting a great rate!

my son just opened his tin that he has been putting all his money in for our trip.
He has $187.00 - looks like Mum will have to top him up to make the minimum $200 I can change at the Post office - He is getting a great rate!

That's some good saving. He's still got a few months though, or are you cashing it in now?

:thumbsup2Thats great and he will get an awesome rate the $ is $1.05168 on XE right now I am so wishing i hadn't changed the kids money but we were happy at the time that they got 97cents.

I will change it for him at the post office tomorrow - its exciting to have actual USD in your money box! And he wont be able to spend it! :rotfl2:

He has sold a few things on ebay to get there, as well as Christmas money from Grandma. All he wants to buy is twinkies in the US anyway!

His twin brother, on the other hand, has had the same amount of money but has probably spent it all on rubbish :confused3

My family goes to Florida every few years to see my dad and I have NEVER had such a great exchange rate before - EVER! Interested to see what the difference has made to you. For us it is the ability to splurge on premium economy coming home on V Australia after 5 weeks away. What about you?

Us Too!!!!
We are Flying premium economy with V Australia in sept:love:...can you let us know what its like??? Also flying first class LAX-TPA rtn...I love the dollar $1.05us....:banana:

Go you good dollar:cheer2:

I think our savings will get eaten up in airfares. I still haven't booked, and the airfares seem to be going up and up!

i LOVE the dollar........think of all the outlet shopping i'll be able to do....more shoes..:rolleyes1

just as well we are taking 2 empty bags for shopping.....xmas gifts for all!:cloud9::santa:

and we may even up it to DDP from normal DP.....although more food may not be a great idea...ah the posibilities are endless..

Go DOLLAR GO:cheer2:

I love this Aussie dollar!! I have purchased most of my cruise, accommodation and US airfares (on a travel card) already - and I don't go for 18 months!!! :lmao: Still got spending money plus a few other things to go!!
I remember when I went in 2002 and I got 0.53c per dollar and thought I got the best rate ever!! (Just prior to going it was down around 0.45c, so at the time 53c was good!!) Still had a good holiday, though. :thumbsup2

hey again,

just paid more off my cruise.....now looking at tours at wdw...splurge..:cloud9:

all i have left is a bit of my cruise, wdw tickets, MNSSHP tickets, Dining Plan & universal studios tickets...hopefully the dollar will be higher next month:yay:

the down side is that the USA is tanking big time.......gotta feel for them.

enjoy your easter break...then back to school I go :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter