What is the difference between Walt Disney Travel Company and CRO?

IndyWDWfan

I'd give up chocolate, but I'm not a quitter!
I'm a newbie to DIS. I am confused on the difference between WDTC and CRO. Can anyone explain? Who should I be dealing with? :confused:

Thanks for the info, Buzz! I'm already planning for Nov 2002 and want to get an early start!

Just wanted to comment on my experience with WDTC. I joined the DIsney Club to get the discounts not realizing that in order to book my hotel room, I would HAVE to go through WDTC. I didn't even realize it was WDTC until I got my confirmation. With WDTC you have to pay the entire amount IN FULL within 45 days of your arrival. Since I've been planning this vacation within a relatively short time (i didn't even start planning until probably mid-January and we leave in less than 2 weeks). I would've had to pay the entire balance immediately. I didn't realize this until it was too late and the reservation was canceled. I called the other day to make another reservation and they absolutely would not take any reservation from me without paying the entire balance over the phone with a CC, which I didn't want to do. I called CRO to complain and even spoke with a "guest relations" person with no luck whatsoever. I am really frustrated with the whole thing. I'm not sure what I'll do now...we leave in 12 days and have no hotel booked yet.

dizfamily, sorry to here about your problems with WDTC.

I'm new to the DIS boards and still am having problems navigating and getting back to the subsribed threads I want to track--so I appreciate the information and sorry it took me time to respond.

I've contemplated on DC membership and I think you just helped answer my question!!! My DH and I have always gone alone and bought a package deal. It worked great with 2 adults, but I don't think we'll get our $ worth with 3yo and 18mo. I thought DC would be a good way to save on the much talked about a la carte method, but I still learning....

Let me know what happens....

WDTC and CRO are now virtually one and the same. I have booked our April trip through WDTC. We had to make a $100 deposit within 10 days, pay in full 21 days prior to arrival (not 45) and we get a full refund if we cancel at least 5 days out. Also we have the ability to change/modify our reservation at any time. I think the 2 groups used to be in different silos, but now they operate rather seamlessly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter