What is Ridemax?

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
I have been to DL several times and have never heard of this....once I know I can comfortably crawl back into my cave in the mountains and hide again until my next trip!

Ridemax is a computer software program that calculates the best way to tour the park to minimized time spent waiting in lines. You plug in the rides you want to go on, the dates and time at the park, and it gives you several different itineraries to choose from. I used it last year, it worked well for us but after the first day the family told me to put it away. I'm a ridgid planner, they are all more the spontaneous types. I think it was about $15 for a 3 month period, if nothing else..it sure was a lot of fun to play with! :teeth:

It's for the very well planned trip to the parks. It's not something I don't think we'd enjoy. We like to pick and choose what we go on next, based on what we feel like. For example it's quite often that we'll go on Pirates over and over again. Say 3-4 times in a row, espeically if a ride has a small line! Last year we did this with Buzz, over and over! LOL We couldn't stick to something telling us what to go on next. But I know some people like it a lot!

We used Ridemax for our trip in June and thought it was awesome. The longest line we ever waited in was for food! Using Ridemax and Fastpass really made the trip more enjoyable for us. Ridemax :thumbsup2

We used it last week and loved it!!! The best $16 I spent for the trip. It was extrememly crowded all of last week and the longest wait we had was 16 minutes for Indy. The exception was POTC and that was 30 minutes but I wouldn't even factor that into the equation because of the re-opening crowds. Most rides were walk ons or 4-5 minute waits.

I set a schedule for the morning (getting there at opening is CRUCIAL) and we were always ahead of the schedule by 10 or 10:30. We took a break in the afternoon back at the hotel and when we returned we used all the fastpasses we collected in the morning and went right on the rides.

The only time during our day that was "scheduled" was the morning. My guys were amazed and so happy that I had Ridemax. We saw people waiting 40-50 minutes for a ride and just shook our heads. My DS kept saying why don't they just Ridemax it??

I was a bit skeptical but it truly did work. One thing someone told me is if the first schedule you get you don't like the order, just hit "make my plan" again and you'll get a different schedule with the same rides. I'd say go for it.

Sounds neat...good for people who are travelling from a distance (like us) and only get to the park every 2-3 years. Where do you get ridemax?

That is good to know thanks! It can be hit and miss at times but for those of us who need to maximize their time at the park it may be worth it.

:thumbsup2 Ridemax is fabulous. I used it in June for our trip and we never waited more than 10 minutes for any ride, and usually just walked on. As someone else said the longest lines we stood in our whole trip were for food. We also were well ahead of our schedule by late morning/early afternoon, and could then just pick and choose what we felt like doing, such as riding SM over and over again during the early showing of Fantasmic since we could just walk on.

It was a great tool for us, since it had been almost 20 years since either I or DH had been at DL and we wanted to maximize our time in the parks. Now that we are going again for Halloween I definetly plan to use Ridemax, but I will have a better idea of planning for rides that I already know we like.

The bonus of using Ridemax was that not only did we get to go on all of the rides/attractions, but we also had time to see all of the parades, and Fantasmic. Plus the Aladdin show in DCA.

JenDisneylandlver said:
It's for the very well planned trip to the parks. It's not something I don't think we'd enjoy. We like to pick and choose what we go on next, based on what we feel like. For example it's quite often that we'll go on Pirates over and over again. Say 3-4 times in a row, espeically if a ride has a small line! Last year we did this with Buzz, over and over! LOL We couldn't stick to something telling us what to go on next. But I know some people like it a lot!

Speaking of Buzz, this is a picture of my 16-year-old daughter, she got the #1 score early in the day; it just about killed my 14-year-old son!!

christine1onbuzz6si.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter