What I have learned about The Combi Travel Savvy vs. Maclaren Daytripper for DS-5

chrisn

DIS Veteran
I really stressed out over this stroller issue for my DS5 who absolutely needs one at WDW. I don't particularly care for the WDW ones but only because they are big, bulky and hard to manuever especially in crowds so I opted to buy a lightweight travel stroller and hoped that it would work. I have a new baby nephew so I figured if it didn't at least it would not go to waste. Well, I ended up buying a new Maclaren Daytripper and a gently used Combi Travel Savvy on ebay. He fits in both but he fits better in the Maclaren. The foot rest on Combi is too far up and he is probably too big for this one even though it goes to 45 lbs and he is only 41 or 42. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. That Maclaren is an absolute dream! It opens and closes easier. It drives better. It's better made. My DS fits better and is comfortable and it's just an all around better stroller. So I had to buy two to find one but It worked out for us that the Maclaren goes to WDW and I couldn't be happier!

Thank you soooo much for posting. I am pg and am looking at strollers and need input. One of our concerns was finding one that was lightweight and easy to manuever and it sounds worth looking into Maclarens. I'm not due until Feb so I have some time to test drive!

Jenn

I am borrowing a Maclaran stroller from a friend. I'm not sure if its the daytripper or not. But its an umbrella type stroller with a hood and reclines slightly. No basket underneath. Is this the daytripper? It has nice long handles too and a snap on cover for babies.

Just curious as to the cost and where you can buy one. I wish I had bought one yrs ago.

www.maclarenstrollers.com

www.strollers4less.com

Also try ebay and do a refined search for Maclaren or any other brand you are interested in. My daytripper is dark blue and aqua. It's got the umbrella handles, 2 seat positions and it does have a smallish basket underneath. If you try the Maclaren site and click products, I'm sure you will be able to find the one you are looking at.

I think I remember your original post about which stroller to get; and I was one of the people that pushed for the Maclaren! I would have felt bad if you'd hated it! :o We really love our and can't wait to use it next month!

I love my Maclaren, too! I got a new one on e-bay for a good price. It has been to see Mickey 3 times now and getting packed soon for #4. It is so easy to get on and off the buses and boats, and pushes like a dream. Mine reclines nicely, too--unfortunately the kid has NEVER slept in a stroller:-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter