What I can Remember of our Trip (fading fast!)

locoexw

Earning My Ears
Here's the short story. We flew JetBlue into Ft. Lauderdale on Feb. 6 and stayed one night with in-laws. Then Thursday morning we got up, rented a car and drove to Orlando. Who "we" is is kind of important. I took my two little boys - 3 yr, 11 months Noah and 1 1/2 year old Ian - by myself. I was more than a little nervous.

On the drive, I decided to use any and all hotel services I could. I used valet parking and had the bell person take my bags and All our other junk to the room. I have never done either of these things. I roll my roll-a-board and park my car.

We got there at 2, check in was pretty smooth. I had purchased the Club-level room through a Consolidator (hotelkingdom) for - I think - 219 and 229 (rates changed). Gave our Loews First number at check-in. Once to the room I checked with Concierges about a babysitter for a couple of hours during our stay. I was told NOTHING was available. Oh, no, no coasters...

First thing, we went over to the USF with our buy 2/get 3 tix and asked how much to change to AP. Since it was $40 total, we went for it and then went right into the park (if we'd had to burn a whole day to do it, we wouldn't have gone in...). Unfortunately, I have no memory of what we did that afternoon! I know we went on Hanna Barbara, ET and later the Ghostbusters appeared.

Our Lowes First fruit platter was waiting when we got back (although I must admit, I did not get the paper on Friday...)

Then we headed back to Club level for "happy hour" - with snacks sufficient to fill me up! There were cut veggies and cheese and crackers for the kids. The following nights I brought some little cans of fruit to supplement for them. Again, I have no recollection what we did next! Later, there was milk and cookies in the lounge.

In the a.m. (Friday), we had continental breakfast in the lounge and then headed for IOA. We rode Cat in the Hat 4 times straight, then did the Fish, then the Carousel (SP?), then If I Ran the Zoo, then we did them all AGAIN.

Then we had lunch at Mythos. The food was great. It was hard to manage both boys and eating (esp since they don't really eat). I had Penne with shrimp - yum.

After lunch, we went to WalMart, because it was REALLY REALLY cold and we were planning to hit the Mardi Gras parade that night. Sweats were $2 on clearance! Also DS has deliberately jumped off the islands in If I Ran the Zoo and needed shoes. Ugh. Clearance - $5.

We did Happy hour for "dinner" again, then headed to USF. We just roamed around for awhile and then took up a spot at the beginning of the parade route (which we confirmed). BTW, this was the FIRST night of Mardi Gras. We actually stood right next to Jaws. The parade started with a Heroes part with rescue workers/police from all over. Then the floats came. Both boys were entertained (as was I!!!). We got quite a few beads and a couple coins.

We got back to the hotel in time for milk and cookies.

Next morning, same thing, IOA - Seuss. Then the BIGGIE. I was starting to have a very hard time with not riding the coasters. I went to Guest Services. Email me if you want to know what happened.

Then a few hours at USF - Curious George area. I sat by the entrance with sleeping Ian while Noah wandered off. I was a bit nervous, but he came back alive and soaking wet.

When we got back to the hotel, I went to Club Concierge ZOE and we managed to arrange a babysitter for Sunday am (needed more COASTERS!).

Then, for the first time, we went to the pool. There is a small, shallow pool with fountains off to the side of the big pool. I could manage watching both guys there for 1 1/2 hours. Then "happy hour" "dinner" and off to the Mardi Gras parade again. Since we were early, we rode Kong. Awesome.

Then we stood at the "start" of the parade again. Only to find out after start time, that it was going the other way. The good news was that a very tall "local" stood next to use and gave Noah all the beads he caught (the bad news was we had to haul all the beads home with us!). As we walked back to HRH I realized that even though Noah was walking and holding my hand, he was actually ASLEEP. I guess he had a good day.

THE BIG DAY! Sunday am. We had our continental breakfast, and our sitter arrived. I booked over to IOA. Flew through Express, front of Hulk, Yeehaw, then back of Hulk, then middle of Hulk. Booked over to the Dragons. Only one was running, as usual. Couldn't get a start time for the other. Rode the front, back, then middle of Fire. Then rode the back again. Finally, they opened Ice, Rode front and back. I like Fire much better. Went back and rode the back of Hulk.

Got the kids, loaded the car and drove back to Grandma and Grandpa's house.

I know this is a tedious and rambling discourse, with lots of important info left out. Ask away if you have any questions.

BTW, we are headed back 6/17-6/20 and will DEFINITELY get a CABANA for one day!!!

Elaine

There was a bunch of people from the board there at the same time!! 2 of us were also on club level and probably passed you in the lounge!! Did you see a lady wearing a hawiian print shiret with chopsticks in her bun and a woman with long brown hair with glasses? Wasn't Zoe great! I wrote the hrh manager about her.

It sounds like you had a ball with your kids!

Thanks for writing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter